Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

July 2021 Game Thread

Sorry I’m a little late on this one haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice come from behind victory.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Nice come from behind victory.
    Yes, it was good to see. I don't care how ugly it was, this team needed a late inning rally going into the break like that.

The recent concerns with starting pitcher availability might make for an interesting deadline, but the biggest concern has to be some consistent at bats. It's to the point that the last guy I want to see at the plate with runners on base is Cody Bellinger. His at bat with the bases loaded in the 8th - forget about a professional approach, it wasn't even competitive. He still has too big of a swing in those situations, and from the way he has looked, I don't think he is seeing the ball very well. On a team with a bunch of guys who grind out at bats and don't go outside the zone, he certainly looks like a misfit. If he continues to struggle, and we are still locked in a race with the Giants and/or Padres, I don't see how we can afford for him to give him those at bats or assume he is a middle of the order guy. I love his defense, and I am sure he knows he is struggling more than anybody, but he can't get out of his own way.

^ Yeah, but tell me more about Trevor Bauer…
    The Tweeter Handle: @DSchneider_05

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    ^ Yeah, but tell me more about Trevor Bauer…
    Well I doubt he comes back this year. Investigation is going to take a while to complete and if he is charge MLB will suspend him for the rest of the year. If no chargers are filed, he will still carry that around him now. Hard for the Dodgers or any other team to want him on the team. Bauer may be done in the MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    Well I doubt he comes back this year. Investigation is going to take a while to complete and if he is charge MLB will suspend him for the rest of the year. If no chargers are filed, he will still carry that around him now. Hard for the Dodgers or any other team to want him on the team. Bauer may be done in the MLB.

For sure.

For the record, I was being facetious because that’s the guy that tried to drag me down a rabbit hole when we signed Bauer, even accusing me of prejudice of him as a Trump supporter, and he couldn’t have been more wrong about absolutely everything… slim chance he’ll ever acknowledge it…

But, even given that context, your response is absolutely perfect 👍

I’m on vacation next week and taking the fam to the July 19th game. Holla at me if you’ll be there.

I’m on vacation next week and taking the fam to the July 19th game. Holla at me if you’ll be there.
    ^correction - it’s Tuesday the 20th that I’ll be at the game.

For sure.

For the record, I was being facetious because that’s the guy that tried to drag me down a rabbit hole when we signed Bauer, even accusing me of prejudice of him as a Trump supporter, and he couldn’t have been more wrong about absolutely everything… slim chance he’ll ever acknowledge it…

lol

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    lol

Miss you, boo

Miss you, boo

Miss you too brother.

Let's get the second half going. and **** the Giants.

For sure.

actually, What I did was call you out for telling everyone else how to think, like you often do, and then posting videos to back up all of the stupid things Bauer had said or done, as if the organization somehow wasn't aware of anything controversial he had posted.

Your post was arrogant, condescending, and just ridiculous. No one needs a lecture from you on anything - that look you get when others are around you, rolling their eyes and walking away - there is a good reason for that. You're an ***!

The fact that Bauer did something stupid, and you're delighted by it, just illustrates my point.

Now...why don't you drone on and one about how right you think you are, and about how none of us seem to understand your perspective. Why don't you drone on about the "politics" comment which you completely misinterpreted to mean "trump supporter". I am not surprised that's how you boiled it down, but I've been underwhelmed by your before, and often.

Basically you're a clown that looks to educate everyone around you, and you are likely often met with complete apathy. I'll let you in on a little secret....it's not the people around you with the problem.

But hey...Congrats! You got what you wanted with Bauer, right?

Lol - that’s a long way to go to (kind of) avoid admitting you were wrong ABOUT EVERYTHING.

For the record, I emphasized repeatedly that I wasn’t telling anyone not to like the signing. What you actually did was come after my opinion then (hilariously) said I was being arrogant for backing my argument with supporting evidence because it made you somehow feel I was condescending to to you (that’s a you problem, bruh).

In actuality, it was you trying to tell me how to think and dictate the terms within which I was allowed to defend my position and repeatedly saying I was being “ironic”. So, that’s kinda ironic.

BTDubs, I’m not sure personal attacks qualify in the category of “apathy” and neither does coming after someone’s opinions in the first place which, for the record, you did.

I couldn’t be more apathetic to being received with apathy; people like what I write, don’t, or they don’t care… but when you “come at me, bro”, you gun get the ol’ 1-2

And you got it maybe worse than Ciaban ever had lol

Also, I’m still right… sooooo…
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 07-17-2021 at 01:38 PM.

Lol - that’s a long way to go to (kind of) avoid admitting you were wrong ABOUT EVERYTHING.

For the record, I emphasized repeatedly that I wasn’t telling anyone not to like the signing. What you actually did was come after my opinion then (hilariously) said I was being arrogant for backing my argument with supporting evidence because it made you somehow feel I was condescending to to you (that’s a you problem, bruh).

In actuality, it was you trying to tell me how to think and dictate the terms within which I was allowed to defend my position and repeatedly saying I was being “ironic”. So, that’s kinda ironic.

BTDubs, I’m not sure personal attacks qualify in the category of “apathy” and neither does coming after someone’s opinions in the first place which, for the record, you did.

I couldn’t be more apathetic to being received with apathy; people like what I write, don’t, or they don’t care… but when you “come at me, bro”, you gun get the ol’ 1-2

And you got it maybe worse than Ciaban ever had lol

Also, I’m still right… sooooo…
    Note to self. Do not insult this dude.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Note to self. Do not insult this dude.

Honestly, I feed off the hate and generic, glib personal attacks; it’s my life source..

Someone writes, “look, stranger on the internet, people in your personal life don’t like you and other internet strangers are apathetic to your posts.”

I read it as; “I’m embarrassingly wrong and now I’m going to lash out in anger because my brain isn’t mature, logical, or rational enough to simply admit I was wrong. Also, I have a micro-penis”

And with that, I think I just got a year younger

Clearly he’s personally very hurt by all of this. I hope he can some day recover.

Oh, and I’m still right, Trevor Bauer is still a dick

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast