Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    They're only hope is to give guys like Torres and Frazier time to right the ship. Otherwise, they will be selling low and getting nothing in return with no other young talent on the team.
    Here's the problem, let's say torres somehow recovers and becomes a 15-20 home run guy after this season. Is that enough to keep him long term and forget about Peraza, Volpe, Smith, Sweeney? Not to mention, the blue chip package you'd probably get back for him? I say absolutely not.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I am starting to think, more and more, that the answer to the question of this entire thread, "Will the Yankees be buyers or sellers?", is neither.

I would be fine with that or sellers. Please don't buy Gallo or someone like him and say it's for winning.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I am starting to think, more and more, that the answer to the question of this entire thread, "Will the Yankees be buyers or sellers?", is neither.

I would be fine with that or sellers. Please don't buy Gallo or someone like him and say it's for winning.
    Agreed, IMO if Florial and Allen can keep playing anywhere close to how they have been at least till the deadline, I'd rather go with either one in CF for the rest of the yr rather than trading for an expensive rental like S Matre or Gallo

Another thing to factor in is how much of a mess the 40 man roster is. They have guys like Castillio, Park, Otto, Junk and several other very good specs that will be rule 5 eligible this winter. IMO, even if its for a rental, i'd rather see those type that they just don't quite see making the 40 man this winter go for anything to improve this team rather than losing them for nothing this winter

I just don't want to see Cashman trading any of our top 7-10 guys for something that doesn't improve this team now and long term

Another super AB by Stanton, he is the man!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post

Wrong thread! lol

I posted in the game thread that the sox announcers killed him for that AB

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Wrong thread! lol

I posted in the game thread that the sox announcers killed him for that AB
    Yeah Thatís what happens when I get 3 hours sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Here's the problem, let's say torres somehow recovers and becomes a 15-20 home run guy after this season. Is that enough to keep him long term and forget about Peraza, Volpe, Smith, Sweeney? Not to mention, the blue chip package you'd probably get back for him? I say absolutely not.
    I mean yeah, Torres needs to hit for more power but I don't care about him hitting for 38 homers again. The main thing is just his overall hitting. He seemed like a guy who had the "it" factor and was just going to be an all around good hitter who would drive and spray the ball to all fields. If he gets back to that then he'd be someone worth building around.

Twins gave up their 25 year old version of Michael King and another prospect not even on their top 30 for Nelson Cruz. Why is Cashman going so hard for Gallo? LOL. We could have had Cruz for nothing. There's NO WAY Gallo is worth Medina, Everson, Peraza, Volpe, Waldichuk or whoever else is being rumored. Give them King and Nick Nelson and call it a day!

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post

As much as I blame Cashman for trading for Stanton, he's here and he has a no trade clause, it's reality. I still think we can win a WS with him next year IF Cashman remakes a lot of the lineup with contact hitters, LH and speed. Surround Stanton with a LH and a .300 batter (or both) and he becomes less of a liability imo.

I also really believe Stanton will play (a little but don't expect much) better once they use him in the outfield. Maybe I'm wrong about this and he gets crippled out there but what's there to lose at this point? At least we'll know that seals the deal of him being strictly a DH.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Twins gave up their 25 year old version of Michael King and another prospect not even on their top 30 for Nelson Cruz. Why is Cashman going so hard for Gallo? LOL. We could have had Cruz for nothing. There's NO WAY Gallo is worth Medina, Everson, Peraza, Volpe, Waldichuk or whoever else is being rumored. Give them King and Nick Nelson and call it a day!
    Why even trade?

Canít we have a pass for 2021?

The division is all but gone now.

Iíd just use what we have and see where the chips fall.

Then in the offseason reevaluate the roster and then make trades.

Hal is not firing Cashman but I can see Cashman firing Boone. This is the 4th failed season for Boone. It is time for a new manager if this team doesnít make a 2 month run.

And you canít just point to this particular week and say well we had players on Covid so this is why we failed for 2021.

Florial should be the new Bernie going forward. Let him fail in the majors and see if he can make the necessary adjustments.

Trade Voit and Hicks....I donít want to see them in the lineups anymore. They are a waste.

Look for offers for Stanton. Iím sure some team NEEDS his bat.

When Urshela emerged at 3rd it forced DJ to play 2b. Sure he can play 1b but we need a big lefty 1b. Find one.

If you want Torres back at 2b then trade Urshela so DJ can play 3rd full time. If not then leave Torres at SS....

Florial for CF and Judge in RF
    Find a LF who is a contact hitter and bats left or is a switch hitter. The Dynasty Yankees had a bunch of switch hitters in their lineups.

Hopefully Chapman walks and Loasigia goes to the closers role. Fine tune the pen again. Cashman struck out with Wilson and OíDay.

1. Cole
    2. Sevy( if he is back to normal, if not then goes to the pen)
    3. Monty
    4. German
    5. A good spec or sign another #1 and slot him behind Cole.

Iíd sign another #1...

Kluber walks
    Trade Taillon. I just donít trust him in NY or his injury history.

Or go with this

1. Cole
    2. Free agent who is another #1
    3. Sevy
    4. Monty
    5. Taillon

Trade German or have as our Ramiro Mendoza from the Dynasty teams and spot start or fill in for injuries when Taillon goes back on the 15 day DL.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I mean yeah, Torres needs to hit for more power but I don't care about him hitting for 38 homers again. The main thing is just his overall hitting. He seemed like a guy who had the "it" factor and was just going to be an all around good hitter who would drive and spray the ball to all fields. If he gets back to that then he'd be someone worth building around.

Personally Iíd trade Torres like we did with Roberto Kelly. Torres reminds a lot of Roberto Kelly with the bat. A guy who had a high ceiling but was sliding.....it was painful when Kelly was first traded for Paulie but look how that worked out.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

i change my mind yanks should be buyers.. the second wildcard is well within reach . after the sox and tampa series the yanks schedule gets much easier miami baltimore seattle kc that is a time to clean up a lot of wins..

Lot of people and media talking smack about the Yankees, BUY dammit! And take down the Rays in the WC, then the Sux in Divisional and last the cheatin' Stros in the AL champ. That'll shut em up

Christ, we are in payroll hell with this freaking crummy roster.

The only free agents walking will be Britton(no way he returns unless he saves us in playoffs), Kluber and Gardy

That is roughly just $25 million coming off..then add Judge and Sanchez and a few others getting huge raises via arbitration.

The best scenario going forward is for us to have a bad week starting today and then Cashman puts up the for sale sign and have the roster gutted.

If I was Hal this is what Iíd do at the deadline and offseason.

Trade Judge, Sanchez, Chapman, Voit, Hicks, Britton, Odor, Sevy and Stanton. That would save a lot of money.

We have a lot of dead weight on this roster. They gotta go folks!

Then we fill in the blanks

1B
    2B DJ
    3B Urshela
    SS Torres
    LF Allen but as backup, no more Gardy and his .199
    CF Florial
    RF
    C

New lineup after blanks filled in.....

Rotation
    1. Cole
    3. Taillon
    4. Monty
    5. German

Bullie

1. Closer Loaisiga
    2. Green
    3. Cessa
    4. Cortes

We could still push $200 million just need new chemistry of players.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 07-25-2021 at 06:07 AM.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    i change my mind yanks should be buyers.. the second wildcard is well within reach . after the sox and tampa series the yanks schedule gets much easier miami baltimore seattle kc that is a time to clean up a lot of wins..
    Then we face Tampa Bay at the Trop?

And probably not having Cole because of the urgency in the final week and we get stuck with Taillon or German pitching in that game. You want THAT!

I want AL East or nothing!

I canít stand the WC game when Yankees play in that. One game sucks. We could play a tremendous game and one bad hop sends us home.

And how many World Series has the Yankees been in with being a WC?
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 07-25-2021 at 06:13 AM.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast