Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    So this by far is an excellent post,while I agree with almost all of it,I don't think this team can get hot and rattle off enough to make the playoffs. My reasons are that our fearless leader has no clue how to manage a baseball team,and it's the same ol same old crap that we've seen for the past few years,our bullpen is gassed already!! And I don't want to hear when this one comes back or that one comes back because when this one comes back then that one will get hurt or the same one will get hurt again, How do I know this? Well obviously I don't know this for sure but we all know this is the script for the last few years.
    Gardner in CF???? Is he going to discover the fountain of youth? I don't blame him he's not a full time player anymore,he's a nice option as a defensive replacement in late innings,because regardless of the fact that he can't hit his way out of a paper bag anymore he is a good glove. Seriously we don't have anyone in the minors who can hit over .200???
    Odor at 2nd?? what's he hitting? .214?
    This team was really pitching well,and I still say the Kluber injury was devastating,because once we lost him it became patchwork,and of course Chappy's woe only make it worse because now we HAVE to have Green close out games.
    No I do not LIKE this team they are boring,redundant,no personality at all,and we are lead by people who refuse to see a problem. So maybe yes time is on our side and we could make a serious run,but I have seen nothing to support that,nor do I see the people who are running this club with the smarts to do the right thing.
    excellent post.

i really don't think they will win anything with Boone as our manager, he just doesn't have any business being our manager at this point

I'm kinda in the middle about the rest of the season. They definately have a chance to make the playoffs but alot of things need to go are way

If and when Sevy gets back, i would be very surprised if he wasn't our 2nd best pitcher. Kluber is supposed to be back before September. IF, huge if, we have a healthy, Cole, Sevy and Kluber heading into the stretch we'll have a good chance of picking up games

I'm really not worried about the BP after Loaisiga and Brit get back and while Chapman has been bad recently i would be surprised if he didn't turn it around . He's had a stretch like this in 17? and lost his closing job to Betances but figured it out by mid August

This lineup can score a ton of runs and carry our team to the playoffs but thats about it. To put together a legit lineup with balance, they will either have to clean out the farm to get the players we need. 1 move like Gallo isn't going to get us in the playoffs, plus he's a FA after next yr like Judge Sanchez, Green, Brit, Chapman and i think a couple others

My honest feelings is they should try and get a CFer thats better than Gardy and go with what we have. Then this winter rebuild the lineup.

This winter or now i would trade Voit, Frazier/ Andujar/ Schmidt and a couple of lottery tickets for K Marte

Freeman is a FA this winter and i believe Rizzo is also. Those are 2 high quality LHed bats and either would be an upgrade over Voit on both sides of the ball.

With as good as Peraza and Volpe are playing and not being very far away, I would be surprised if they went out and spend a ton on a SS.

I would try and trade for a LHed LFer but if you can't find the right fit they could always run Hicks out there. An OF with Hicks, Marte and Judge would be an excellent defensive OF IMO. Florial would be the 4th OFer

1 DJ
    2 Marte
    3 Judge
    4 Freeman/ Rizzo
    5 Stanton
    6 Gio
    7 Sanchez
    8 Torres
    9 Hicks
    Last edited by dayners81; 07-15-2021 at 06:07 PM.

The three other Yankees position players who are in COVID-19 protocol are Aaron Judge, Kyle Higashioka, and Gio Urshela. Because Judge was at the All-Star Game with other players, this has triggered contact tracing questions for the Red Sox players (and presumably others).

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Given the choice I agree completely. Either will be costly in terms of prospects and dollars.

Gallo is redundant as both you and clown have mentioned, no question. What he IS, is LHed power who plays multiple positions and is athletic. If Yankees plan on winning they need LHed power. It may not be Gallo, but it is a necessity imo. Gallo is a short term commitment, he is a FA next offseason. What is the cost of a rental?

Personally I would hope they consider K Marte or even Benintendi. Marte would likely require a prospect haul that would certainly make most of us cringe.
    I guess that is the big question is cost. How much more would K Marte or Benintendi cost? Texas isn;t going to give away a yr and a half of Gallo cheaply.

If Voit is part of the deal for Gallo, that wouldn't be too bad but if were going to get another slugger, one needs to go. Even though Gallo is LHed, can play multiple positions and is athletic he still K's way to much for this lineup. He adds another high K rate to a lineup that already strikes out to much.

I get the appeal of Gallo and how great his bat could mash in YS but i don't get the fit with this current roster

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I guess that is the big question is cost. How much more would K Marte or Benintendi cost? Texas isn;t going to give away a yr and a half of Gallo cheaply.

If Voit is part of the deal for Gallo, that wouldn't be too bad but if were going to get another slugger, one needs to go. Even though Gallo is LHed, can play multiple positions and is athletic he still K's way to much for this lineup. He adds another high K rate to a lineup that already strikes out to much.

I get the appeal of Gallo and how great his bat could mash in YS but i don't get the fit with this current roster
    Day, he is not a perfect fit. I agree. They need to move some of the RHed power bats. Voit is a candidate as are Sanchez, Andujar, Frazier imo. Question is what value can you expect? Voit may have the most, but honestly that isn't saying much. Catchers are always in demand, particularly one who can hit, so I imagine Sanchez would be high on the list as well. Do you move Judge? Stanton? Who would take on the contract?

My only point, in order to be successful at Yankee Stadium you must have LHed power to maximize the advantage the short porch offers.

K Marte would be a good fit. Is he attainable? If so at what cost? Can Yankees expect to see hicks this season? Is there a viable alternative in house (AAA) that is ready ?

Day, he is not a perfect fit. I agree. They need to move some of the RHed power bats. Voit is a candidate as are Sanchez, Andujar, Frazier imo. Question is what value can you expect? Voit may have the most, but honestly that isn't saying much. Catchers are always in demand, particularly one who can hit, so I imagine Sanchez would be high on the list as well. Do you move Judge? Stanton? Who would take on the contract?

My only point, in order to be successful at Yankee Stadium you must have LHed power to maximize the advantage the short porch offers.

K Marte would be a good fit. Is he attainable? If so at what cost? Can Yankees expect to see hicks this season? Is there a viable alternative in house (AAA) that is ready ?
    We've always had different opinions on Sanchez and with as badly as catchers hit these days, it would be hard to find a decsent replacement , especially mid season. IMO if they trade Sanchez mid season it should be part of a tear down. This off season is a different story, if you can get the right offer for him move him.

At this point they should be listening on ANYTHING for the right price. Torres, Andujar, Frazier, Voit and it would take a hell of an offer but even Gio

I absolutely agree that you need LHed power in YS to win, the idea that they don't realize that is baffling.

On his own Gallo would be an amazing fit for YS but with the way the rest of this lineup is constructed just being a LHed power bat isn't enough. He'd probably hit 40-50 hrs next yr but he's unlikely to hit .240.

I would much rather find a guy that hits 25hrs, hits .275 and is a high contact hitter. A Gallo type hitter just adds another swing and miss bat to a lineup that is full of those types of hitters. We need someone who makes this lineup more difficult to navigate, I don't see him doing that.

K Marte is my #1 choice but i would rather anyone with a similar hitting profile to him VS someone like Gallo. I have no idea if K Marte is a realistic target this right now, my point is if they are going to give up a bunch of spec capital for Gallo i'd rather see them give up more for a better fit for this lineup

Florial isn't ready to take over CF full time, IMO so there really isn't an in house option

As always well said. I believe we are in agreement on most. I have never really cared for Sanchez, but admit he is playing better of late and is a rare commodity in todays market.

I also like K Marte but I am afraid it would take a haul none of us would enjoy. Would they bite the bullet? Or simply wait for the offseason to evaluate ? They are 46-43, eight games behind the Sox in the division. I agree with your earlier statements, the next 15 games vs the division leaders will tell the tale of this season. Make up ground on Sox and they could be buyers. Lose more ground and the story changes.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Day, with the recent discovery, would you trade Peraza for Marte?
    I have to confess that makes a difference and It would make me more amenable to a trade like that.

Ignorance is bliss

As always well said. I believe we are in agreement on most. I have never really cared for Sanchez, but admit he is playing better of late and is a rare commodity in todays market.

I also like K Marte but I am afraid it would take a haul none of us would enjoy. Would they bite the bullet? Or simply wait for the offseason to evaluate ? They are 46-43, eight games behind the Sox in the division. I agree with your earlier statements, the next 15 games vs the division leaders will tell the tale of this season. Make up ground on Sox and they could be buyers. Lose more ground and the story changes.
    I absolutely agree that K Marte would cost alot but if you could make it for something like Voit, Frazier, Schmidt and another spec or 2 outside our top 10, i would probably make that deal.

If they want some combo of Dominguez, Peraza, Medina, Volpe then you pass

Bottom line this lineup needs an overhaul. I would much rather they wait till this winter to make the right big move or moves, rather than overpaying now for another bad fit for this lineup in Gallo. I know the analytics people love Gallo and if we didn't have so many other guys with such a similar batting profile, he'd be a great fit for YS

This lineup needs more high contact hitters to balance out the power. I would love a LHed version of Gio, high contact, hits situationally, has some pop and gets hits in big spots

The Yanks have another big decision to make, they look like they have future stars in Dominguez, Peraza, Volpe, Medina and possibly Wells and a very large handful of kids who are likely above avg MLB players. Do they trade that prospect wealth to try and make 1 more run with this current group or do they keep that spec talent as hopefully our next core ?

IMO i don't think this team is going to win the WS with 1 or 2 moves unless they completely empty the top of the farm. I also don't think we have a chance in hell of winning with Boone as our manager. I would much rather wait till this winter to get the right players in FA and trades than watch Cashman overpay now.

I will say that if they get within a couple games before the deadline then maybe you reconsider being a big time buyer this yr but i still don't care for the idea of rentals

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Day, with the recent discovery, would you trade Peraza for Marte?
    I have to confess that makes a difference and It would make me more amenable to a trade like that.
    With the way Volpe is playing and them being less than 6 months difference in age, it certainly takes Peraza off the completely untouchable list.

Voit and Peraza for K Marte i would seriously have to consider. I still think you need to get a AS caliber player if Peraza was in a deal and Marte certainly fits that bill

The only 2 untouchables i have right now would be Dominguez and Medina. Those 2 have the kinda talent where they could end up being the best player and pitcher in baseball. After that for K Marte anyone else i would discuss. I wouldn't do a deal like Gil and Peraza

Why does everyone want to trade Voit? He is one of the better 1B in baseball and is dirt cheap. Rizzo is on the decline and could fall off a cliff at any moment and Freeman is a stud but would take a huge contract.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Why does everyone want to trade Voit? He is one of the better 1B in baseball and is dirt cheap. Rizzo is on the decline and could fall off a cliff at any moment and Freeman is a stud but would take a huge contract.
    IMO we have to get move LHed and contact orientated in that lineup. Judge and Stanton aren't going anywhere

Its hard to find a good LHed hitting C, hopefully Wells will be that guy in the future but for now its going to be hard to replace Sanchez mid season unless they are going for a complete rebuild

My reason is because Voit has value and we could get something back of value for him. It's also because he is the most movable of the sluggers.

The current version of this lineup isn't very likely to win anything and its easier to find a good LHed 1st baseman than alot of the other positions

Especially with the NL getting the DH a guy like Voit could have alot of value to a team like the D Back, same goes for Andujar

Its not that i want to move Voit but we need to get more versatile and LHed in the lineup. I would much rather see Stanton go but with his salary and NT clause he;s not going anywhere. I think they need to get move on from Andujar and Frazier and find a LHed LFer also.

I still think Cashman passing on Brantley this winter when Brantley wanted to come here was a massive, massive mistake. He would have been the idea solution for LF and this lineup would look a hell of alot better with him in it.

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    So then we’ve seen them win the World Series 7 X, correct? Or you probably even more right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 in my lifetime, 10 of which I actually remember.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    The other 8 were in your partying days? lol

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Do you have a favorite? Mine was 77 cause I’d never seen any of my teams win a championship, PLUS I was there for game 6 when Reggie hit the 3 HR’s ( my ticket was $10!
    And I loved winning in 09, I really liked that 09 team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me it's still '78, greatest comeback ever imo, 14.5 back in late July. The Dent that Bucky left. Martin - Reggie fiasco. The Bronx Zoo. There was no WC! The Boston massacre. Guidry 25-3 1.74 ERA.

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast