Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotus

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    I am talking about the poor in the US compared to every other country in the world, industrialized countries and 3rd world countries. No one in the US starves. I also disagree that people should have to work if not disabled mentally or physically.
    With all the resources the US has, 14 million households shouldn't have been experiencing food insecurities like they did in 2018 and 2019 (previous to the pandemic). No, people don't starve to death like in other places throughout the world but that's not exactly something the US should pat themselves on the back for.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    With all the resources the US has, 14 million households shouldn't have been experiencing food insecurities like they did in 2018 and 2019 (previous to the pandemic). No, people don't starve to death like in other places throughout the world but that's not exactly something the US should pat themselves on the back for.
    That's a phony proposition about food "insecurities". If people want to screw their lives up by taking massive amounts of drugs and begging on the street, then they've chosen their lot in life. If this life leaded them to an early death, then that is not my place to rescue them from it.

Life is full of choices that you make and when you make lousy choices, you are responsible for them. I'm not going to screw up my life or my families well being bailing you out,

That's a phony proposition about food "insecurities". If people want to screw their lives up by taking massive amounts of drugs and begging on the street, then they've chosen their lot in life. If this life leaded them to an early death, then that is not my place to rescue them from it.

Life is full of choices that you make and when you make lousy choices, you are responsible for them. I'm not going to screw up my life or my families well being bailing you out,
    He never said anything about drugs but it's very telling the assumptions you randomly make of people in need.

Anything that you don't agree with is automatically phony or a lie. Funny coming from what you source regularly. You really think nearly 14 million people experience food insecurities because they are on drugs? A lot of those same people are kids. Guess they aren't working hard enough to eat.

I'm aware people make bad choices but not everything is of their control. Yes personal responsibility is a thing but that doesn't mean the US handles these things well, specifically when we are far more resource rich than somewhere like Nigeria (a place you mentioned).

It is really unfortunate for the SCOTUS members whose addresses were posted that those same SCOTUS members ruled no right to privacy exists.

Are people really upset bout the overturning by scotus with the high school football coach?

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    Are people really upset bout the overturning by scotus with the high school football coach?
    People are upset that he was validated in his use of coercion over the children to follow his faith...yea.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move fasterÖbut tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

People are upset that he was validated in his use of coercion over the children to follow his faith...yea.
    What evidence was there of coercion? The man prayed at work and people joined him. If a Muslim prayed at work and got fired for it, youíd be singing a very different tune.

I saw that ruling today. It doesnít upset me. If he wants to do that himself thatís fine. Comes across as fake to me like most religious displays but his choice as long as heís not preaching to the kids.

What I was wondering about though is that isnít this pretty similar to Kaepernick? Different constitutional right (protest vs religion) but basically the same thing done. If the school is considered wrong for trying to prevent this guy from praying then isnít the NFLís blacklisting of Kaepernick and peoples over the top outrage at a peaceful protest wrong also?

Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    I saw that ruling today. It doesnít upset me. If he wants to do that himself thatís fine. Comes across as fake to me like most religious displays but his choice as long as heís not preaching to the kids.

What I was wondering about though is that isnít this pretty similar to Kaepernick? Different constitutional right (protest vs religion) but basically the same thing done. If the school is considered wrong for trying to prevent this guy from praying then isnít the NFLís blacklisting of Kaepernick and peoples over the top outrage at a peaceful protest wrong also?
    Big difference is Kaepernick didnít get fired because he kneeled. This guy literally got fired for praying at work. Keep opted out of his contract, then couldnít find a job because he couldnít find anyone to put up with the media circus that had a situation he would be happy with.

Big difference is Kaepernick didnít get fired because he kneeled. This guy literally got fired for praying at work. Keep opted out of his contract, then couldnít find a job because he couldnít find anyone to put up with the media circus that had a situation he would be happy with.
    Did he get fired? I read that he was put on administrative leave. Then at the end of the year, he chose not to pursue renewing his contract and sued instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Did he get fired? I read that he was put on administrative leave. Then at the end of the year, he chose not to pursue renewing his contract and sued instead.
    I was under the understanding he was fired, but I may be remembering wrong. Itís been a while since I read the story . Even placed on leaveÖ itís pretty much the same. And they werenít going to bring him back after

What evidence was there of coercion? The man prayed at work and people joined him. If a Muslim prayed at work and got fired for it, youíd be singing a very different tune.
    He is in a position of authority over the players. It is inherently coercion.

I was under the understanding he was fired, but I may be remembering wrong. Itís been a while since I read the story . Even placed on leaveÖ itís pretty much the same. And they werenít going to bring him back after
    How would them not renewing his contract because of the national media circus he created be different than Kaepernick not getting a contract for the same reason?

He is in a position of authority over the players. It is inherently coercion.
    Define coercion. Was playing time links to whether they showed up at the prayer? If not, then there is no coercion. Like I originally, askedÖ what evidence is there? Clearly, you donít have any.

Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast