Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 169 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Because it is all they understand.

And they indiscriminately murder however many people get bombed in their fantasy world.

I'm all in favor of signing an agreement that says………"don't bother us or our allies or interests and we won't bother you but if you do, we will bomb the living spit out of you."

Or words to that effect.
    We are bombing them now and it’s barely slowing them down. They are not intimidated by that threat. It’s hard to be intimidating when we’re leaving Afghanistan after 20 years because we couldn’t beat them.

Because it is all they understand.

And they indiscriminately murder however many people get bombed in their fantasy world.

I'm all in favor of signing an agreement that says………"don't bother us or our allies or interests and we won't bother you but if you do, we will bomb the living spit out of you."

Or words to that effect.
    I’m sure the powers that be — military and diplomatic — would be delighted to have this kind of expert intel and brilliant advice at their disposal.

Why don’t you e-mail this to him straight away? I mean, not a moment to lose.

I think he killed off more of the enemy than they killed of us.

Nice job.
    Except it didn’t matter, did it?

At the end of the day, fthe US flat-out lost that war, just like we flat-out lost in Iraq and Afganistan.

We dropped 27,000 bombs in Iraq, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Yemen in 2016.

The government says we dropped 7,400 bombs in 2018, and 7,500 bombs in 2019...in just Afghanistan.

There's surely very comprehensive data on all this but this is what I found in about 60 seconds of searching.
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I’m sure the powers that be — military and diplomatic — would be delighted to have this kind of expert intel and brilliant advice at their disposal.

Why don’t you e-mail this to him straight away? I mean, not a moment to lose.
    What makes you think that I already haven't???

What makes you think that I already haven't???
    Well, if that’s the case, I can rest assured that they have already found a convenient way to dispose of it.

If they couldn't hold their capitol after our 20 years of invasion and training, then maybe we should just let them lose their capitol...well the Taliban's capitol...

Good money after bad is never a good strategy.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Except it didn’t matter, did it?

At the end of the day, fthe US flat-out lost that war, just like we flat-out lost in Iraq and Afganistan.
    What war did we flat out lose??? Vietnam??? It wasn't because of LeMay. He wanted more aggressive air strikes against the north and LBJ put the kibosh on that. There were many reasons for losing the Vietnam war. LeMay was probably part of it bnut there was enough blame top go around.

LeMay, to his credit, (like you would actually give it to him) was instrumental in winning WWII (that was the one against the Japanese) and developing US Air power, structure and tactics in the cold war years that followed,

What war did we flat out lose??? Vietnam??? It wasn't because of LeMay. He wanted more aggressive air strikes against the north and LBJ put the kibosh on that. There were many reasons for losing the Vietnam war. LeMay was probably part of it bnut there was enough blame top go around.

LeMay, to his credit, (like you would actually give it to him) was instrumental in winning WWII (that was the one against the Japanese) and developing US Air power, structure and tactics in the cold war years that followed,
    Another reason we lost was because there was zero reason for us to be there. Wars where we are fighting for something, tend to go better. Wars that we are fighting because powerful interests have profit motive tend to not go nearly as well.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Another reason we lost was because there was zero reason for us to be there. Wars where we are fighting for something, tend to go better. Wars that we are fighting because powerful interests have profit motive tend to not go nearly as well.
    I agree.

Afghanistan was the same.

It is what we do.

I agree.

It is what we do.
    HELLO

I agree.

It is what we do.
    Murica, **** yeah!!!!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

What war did we flat out lose???
    Umm…I think I actually listed a few. Oh yeah, I did.

Vietnam???
    Umm…yeah. I think I said that too.

It wasn't because of LeMay. He wanted more aggressive air strikes against the north and LBJ put the kibosh on that. There were many reasons for losing the Vietnam war. LeMay was probably part of it bnut there was enough blame top go around.
    Of course, I never blamed LeMay for the loss (which I see you now acknowledge). I was merely pointing out that his body count did not matter.

And that means what?

Umm…I think I actually listed a few. Oh yeah, I did.

Umm…yeah. I think I said that too.

Of course, I never blamed LeMay for the loss (which I see you now acknowledge). I was merely pointing out that his body count did not matter.

And that means what?
    First para……after I asked which war.

Second para……you never mentioned Vietnam. If you did, show me.

Fourth para……it means what I said……LeMay, to his credit, (like you would actually give it to him) was instrumental in winning WWII (that was the one against the Japanese) and developing US Air power, structure and tactics in the cold war years that followed,

You seem to be running down LeMay and I was simply pointing out some of his accomplishments.

What's with the "Umms?" Is that supposed to indicate that I may have missed something because obviously I did not.

"Winning" and "losing" are harder to define when no one even knows what the "win conditions" for these wars ever was.

But Afghanistan? A complete failure. 20 years, trillions of dollars, tens of thousands of civilian deaths, thousands of troop deaths...for what? We tried building a government and failed. I'm sure we killed some terrorists...and surely created countless more. Just a complete waste of time.

I feel like the Iraq War was always the war that people were more comfortable criticizing too.

George W Bush remains the worst President of any of our lifetimes. Even the old farts. Honestly, both wars were shams and neither were ever winnable. **** George W Bush. All my homies hate George W Bush and his **** eating goblin VP too.
    HELLO

16. 08-13-2021, 01:55 PM
    Reason
    Baiting

Page 4 of 169 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast