Follow us on Twitter

Page 142 of 169 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2526
    Quote Originally Posted by crovash View Post
    if you are happy, then we’re all happy.
    yes!!! Yes!!! Yes!!!
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Glad you're happy that he packed the court with a bunch of right-wing chuds!

"Removed lots of regulations (my savings account is happy)". Which regulations were removed that made you richer?

What policies led to decreased fuel prices (something that always waxes and wanes throughout every presidency in my lifetime).

"One of the best economies" where most of this country is living paycheck to paycheck. The best thing he did for the economy were the Covid payments. Welfare works, but sadly, the right is back to "just get a job you poor little pathetic loser".
    1. He packed no courts. He hired Constitutional judges instead of Legislative ones.

2. Regulations that allowed businesses to reduce costs made prices lower and/or maintained pricing

3. See 2.

and finally, providing people free money has ruined this economy. removing responsibility has been devastating. It's a negative on his Presidency, our current President, and all the politicians that voted for it.

I'll also say that the withdrawal is a better achievement than anything Trump did. Or maybe even Obama (Obamacare is his landmark and it's....not so great).

Before the withdrawal I probably didn't utter a single positive thing about Biden for months. It's afforded him some good will for me. It's the only good foreign policy decision in quite some time.
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    1. He packed no courts. He hired Constitutional judges instead of Legislative ones.

2. Regulations that allowed businesses to reduce costs made prices lower and/or maintained pricing

3. See 2.

and finally, providing people free money has ruined this economy. removing responsibility has been devastating. It's a negative on his Presidency, our current President, and all the politicians that voted for it.
    1. How do you think these right-wing judges will improve my life? Or yours?

2. Which ones. Gimme specifics.

3. See 2.

I don't care about gas prices one bit. Get us off of gas baby! And again, it's the laziest political talking point. The prices fluctuate all the time. Obama expanded domestic oil production for Christ's sake. I don't vote for Presidents because of gas prices. I want universal health care. I want livable wages for all Americans. I want to stop lighting all our money on fire fighting pointless wars. I want to stop throwing everyone in jail for nonsensical "crimes". The right has no serious interest in any of that. They just exist to serve their corporate overlords' interest. Keep the money flowing upwards baby!
    HELLO

I'll also say that the withdrawal is a better achievement than anything Trump did. Or maybe even Obama (Obamacare is his landmark and it's....not so great).

Before the withdrawal I probably didn't utter a single positive thing about Biden for months. It's afforded him some good will for me. It's the only good foreign policy decision in quite some time.
    Good that we are gone possibly, hard to do a worse job at it? Almost certainly. Not to say that President Trump would have done better, but this isn't something President Biden should be proud of his handling of and you shouldn't either.

1. How do you think these right-wing judges will improve my life? Or yours?

2. Which ones. Gimme specifics.

3. See 2.

I don't care about gas prices one bit.
    1. By not legislating from the bench
    2. I can only use the results of what 16 regulations being removed from every new one added which lowered or controlled pricing and made things from savings to housing prices do quite well.
    3. You don't care of things that are good like gas prices. Cannot help you out.

Good that we are gone possibly, hard to do a worse job at it? Almost certainly. Not to say that President Trump would have done better, but this isn't something President Biden should be proud of his handling of and you shouldn't either.
    Besides the ISIS attack, it was a resounding success. Especially compared to the overall failure of the entirety of the war. Something that received so much less scrutiny (predictably) than the withdrawal itself. Wonder why (because every powerful entity in this country benefits from our imperialism).

I am honestly VERY happy with it. We lost a war and were able to exist rather easily and rapidly with cooperation from the enemy. That's great. What are you on about?

I think he should be very proud of ending the war. Very proud.
    HELLO

Besides the ISIS attack, it was a resounding success. Especially compared to the overall failure of the entirety of the war. Something that received so much less scrutiny (predictably) than the withdrawal itself. Wonder why (because every powerful entity in this country benefits from our imperialism).

I am honestly VERY happy with it. We lost a war and were able to exist rather easily and rapidly with cooperation from the enemy. That's great. What are you on about?

I think he should be very proud of ending the war. Very proud.
    Should be totally embarrassed on how it was handled as should you. The war is ended, but the mistakes pile up which includes loss of Americans and American allies.

The biggest failure among the many that we saw in our withdrawal from Afghanistan was the abandonment of a defensible air base (Bagram) and reliance on a municipal airport as our hub to remove our people. Had Biden not made the conscious decision to leave Bagram, we would have been able to get our people out much easier. No urban traffic to contend with, less chance of terrorist attacks. We could have flown much of our equipment and all of our personnel out and then either turned the base over to Afghanistan or destroyed it. The way it is, we gave it to Afghanistan without using it for our withdrawal.

Should be totally embarrassed on how it was handled as should you. The war is ended, but the mistakes pile up which includes loss of Americans and American allies.
    What was embarrassing was the the entire stupid affair: entering the war in the first place, prosecuting the totally lost cause for twenty plus years, and exiting in turmoil.

You can keep telling me all you want about how embarrassed I should be, but I'm not. I'm stoked.

The war was the embarrassment. Exiting it was not. You can have your opinion and be pissed off that we did a rapid withdrawal, but I'm not ever going to be. Because this was so long overdue and all things considered...it went great. We got a tremendous amount of people out in a rapid amount of time with very little violence. We're withdrawing from a war we didn't win after all! We don't set the terms. Like, what the hell more do you want?

And if you want fewer casualties, you wouldn't have been fighting so hard against the withdrawal. Where was the concern for the loss of live before Biden said he was withdrawing? Seriously. Where was any of this concern?

"Mistakes pile up"...that's a great way to sum up the War in Afghanistan. Mistakes and lies. All the lives lost in that war...for what cause? All the more reason why he made the right decision.
    HELLO

Leaving was the right decision. The withdrawal was a total failure, however. We have people that were unable to make it to the airport to get out. We left entirely too much equipment in country. We failed to utilize our biggest asset in country -- Bagram airbase.
    Overall, I am happy that the situation is over. The time to leave was once we neutralized bin Laden. Not sure why we stayed after that, but the decision was not mine to make.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Leaving was the right decision. The withdrawal was a total failure, however. We have people that were unable to make it to the airport to get out. We left entirely too much equipment in country. We failed to utilize our biggest asset in country -- Bagram airbase.
    Overall, I am happy that the situation is over. The time to leave was once we neutralized bin Laden. Not sure why we stayed after that, but the decision was not mine to make.
    Can you point to me an instance where a loser of a war was able to "withdraw" more efficiently and peacefully? We got basically everyone out. The people that didn't, by and large, were afforded the opportunity.

"If I were President I merely would've withdrawn from a war we fought for 20 years perfectly". OK dude.

I don't care about the equipment. Frankly, I'd rather we not have it. I don't want to be using it to fight some other pointless wars. And the Taliban doesn't have the infrastructure to really use any of it. Again, people keep trying to get me to feel bad about the equipment. I do not care about it The money spent on that is already out of our pockets and sitting comfortably in Raytheon's hands.

"A total failure", to me, looks like something a lot worse than a terrorist attack, a couple hundred Americans still in Afghanistan and some equipment being left behind

The "total failure" was the war itself. Come on now.
    HELLO

"I support the withdrawal I'm just continuing to log on every single day to tell you how upset I am about it".

Look, I don't want to be Joe Biden's hype man You guys just make it impossible not to...on this one issue. If you're happy we've withdrawn, act like it for once (this is less directed to you catman, and more towards the others who have been more active).
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    What was embarrassing was the the entire stupid affair: entering the war in the first place, prosecuting the totally lost cause for twenty plus years, and exiting in turmoil.
    I genuinely would not argue against what you just wrote.