Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 153 of 169 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2525
  1. #2281
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    101,362
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Damn, got me defending Biden, again. Hate the execution, but not the deed.
    A lot of people who are arm chair quarterbacking the decision have yet to suggest a way to get out of the country that we lost a 20 year war in better.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  2. #2282
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    7,151
    Did I say anything about Iraq developing nuclear weapons? I simply stated the fact that Iran continued enriching weapons grade uranium in violation of the treaty.

  3. #2283
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    4,952
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    A lot of people who are arm chair quarterbacking the decision have yet to suggest a way to get out of the country that we lost a 20 year war in better.
    Actually catman has several times
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  4. #2284
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    17,581
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Actually catman has several times
    Catman and NBA from what I remember.

  5. #2285
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    7,151
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    A lot of people who are arm chair quarterbacking the decision have yet to suggest a way to get out of the country that we lost a 20 year war in better.
    Biden failed to utilize his best asset in Afghanistan during our evacuation. Bagram Airbase would have been the ideal hub for the removal of our troops and citizens. We controlled access to the base and did not have to be concerned about urban traffic. It would have been incredibly defensible, hence the reason it was placed where it was.
    Biden screwed the entire thing up, other than the fact that he did remove our troops.
    His drone attack on the civilians was not particularly impressive, either.

  6. #2286
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,930
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Biden failed to utilize his best asset in Afghanistan during our evacuation. Bagram Airbase would have been the ideal hub for the removal of our troops and citizens. We controlled access to the base and did not have to be concerned about urban traffic. It would have been incredibly defensible, hence the reason it was placed where it was.
    Biden screwed the entire thing up, other than the fact that he did remove our troops.
    His drone attack on the civilians was not particularly impressive, either.
    Do you think Biden was the one planning the specifics of what units got out and from what airport, or do you think that was probably Military Generals?

    Bolded: I agree. I wish many here had shared that sentiment before they demanded he retaliate.

  7. #2287
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    7,151
    Is Biden the CIC or is he not? The CIC signs off on the plan. If Biden is indeed in charge, he knew about and agreed with the whole plan. If he is not in charge, why not and who is?
    Either way, he screwed up completely. The plan was a failure. Biden needs to own the failure.

  8. #2288
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,993
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Biden failed to utilize his best asset in Afghanistan during our evacuation. Bagram Airbase would have been the ideal hub for the removal of our troops and citizens. We controlled access to the base and did not have to be concerned about urban traffic. It would have been incredibly defensible, hence the reason it was placed where it was.
    Probably true, but the base had been abandoned in early July. Why? On whose advice?

    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Biden screwed the entire thing up, other than the fact that he did remove our troops.
    Come on. This is a pretty stupid statement.

  9. #2289
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    7,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Probably true, but the base had been abandoned in early July. Why? On whose advice?

    Come on. This is a pretty stupid statement.
    1. Good question. The military abandoned the base in the middle of the night with no reason given.
    2. Biden owns the failure. He screwed up the withdrawal completely.

  10. #2290
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    101,362
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Is Biden the CIC or is he not? The CIC signs off on the plan. If Biden is indeed in charge, he knew about and agreed with the whole plan. If he is not in charge, why not and who is?
    Either way, he screwed up completely. The plan was a failure. Biden needs to own the failure.
    What is your solution that gets us out of Afghanistan? I hear complaints about what shouldn't have been done and nothing except vague generalities about what should have been done. The fact is we got another planeload of people out today.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  11. #2291
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,930
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Is Biden the CIC or is he not? The CIC signs off on the plan. If Biden is indeed in charge, he knew about and agreed with the whole plan. If he is not in charge, why not and who is?
    Either way, he screwed up completely. The plan was a failure. Biden needs to own the failure.
    You’re right, he did sign off on the plan, but he did not make it.

    I don’t consider it a failure. The mission is accomplished, we are out of Afghanistan. The withdrawal was a catastrophe, but not a failure since it accomplished the mission.
    Last edited by valade16; 09-20-2021 at 04:31 PM.

  12. #2292
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41,231
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    They never discontinued enriching weapons grade uranium, in violation of the deal. No I am not mixing countries up.
    Iraq did not have a nuclear program that we found.
    Yes, they did. We know because IAEA inspectors were there and confirmed you were, as I've shown you.

  13. #2293
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,993
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    1. Good question. The military abandoned the base in the middle of the night with no reason given.
    Maybe it would be a good question to answer before touting the base as a viable option.

    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    2. Biden owns the failure.
    Not my point. You say he “completely…screwed up the entire thing”, but then you backslide and say “other than…he got the troops out.” That’s just plain stupid. If he completely screwed up the entire thing, the troops (and all other Americans) would still be there — prisoners of war, perhaps.

  14. #2294
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41,231
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Look Nate, I am done dealing with your nonsense. You cannot answer a simple, legitimate question and you expect me to take anything you say seriously?
    Sorry, but you are wasting everyone's time here.
    I not only showed where multiple things you asserted were wrong, I sourced every point.

    You have done nothing but make claims without a single shred of evidence for them, and change the subject the instant you were confronted with your false assertions.

    Stop making things up.

  15. #2295
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41,231
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Did I say anything about Iraq developing nuclear weapons? I simply stated the fact that Iran continued enriching weapons grade uranium in violation of the treaty.
    Which is not a fact at all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •