Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 147 of 169 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 2525
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    No. People should face the consequences for this. These sorts of drone strikes have been happening for nearly two decades now. Every President. 10,000+ strikes in Afghanistan. Thousands killed, including many children and civilians. Obama has as much blood on his hands as the rest...none of this is partisan for me. The ratio of terrorists killed vs. civilians killed is an embarrassingly tiny one.

And no one has really ever been held accountable. You right-wingers are suddenly trying to drop sick owns on us "well they said 'oops' time to forget about it" after not giving one single **** about civilian casualties in any of the wars for however long it was politically opportunistic to ignore it. Like we're not the ones that want to end this war for reasons exactly like this

It's good you now think it's bad (because a Dem is President). Glad to have you here. Let's prosecute those responsible for 17 years of war crimes!

Just kidding. This is a country that will prosecute those that expose US war crimes with 100x the vigor we'll prosecute those that actually do them.

Again, this is all the more reason why this war needs to end. Feign your outrage in your normal partisan ways...but we agree with you buddy! This is not OK! The war was very bad. These things are very bad. It needs to end and people need to pay the consequences. For 20 years worth of crimes.
    Good post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

No. People should face the consequences for this. These sorts of drone strikes have been happening for nearly two decades now. Every President. 10,000+ strikes in Afghanistan. Thousands killed, including many children and civilians. Obama has as much blood on his hands as the rest...none of this is partisan for me. The ratio of terrorists killed vs. civilians killed is an embarrassingly tiny one.

And no one has really ever been held accountable. You right-wingers are suddenly trying to drop sick owns on us "well they said 'oops' time to forget about it" after not giving one single **** about civilian casualties in any of the wars for however long it was politically opportunistic to ignore it. Like we're not the ones that want to end this war for reasons exactly like this

It's good you now think it's bad (because a Dem is President). Glad to have you here. Let's prosecute those responsible for 17 years of war crimes!

Just kidding. This is a country that will prosecute those that expose US war crimes with 100x the vigor we'll prosecute those that actually do them.

Again, this is all the more reason why this war needs to end. Feign your outrage in your normal partisan ways...but we agree with you buddy! This is not OK! The war was very bad. These things are very bad. It needs to end and people need to pay the consequences. For 20 years worth of crimes.
    The time to pull out was right after the goal was realized. The goal wat to neutralize bin Laden and that was done 8 years ago. We spent the last 8 years trying to build a country that did not want to be built.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    The time to pull out was right after the goal was realized. The goal wat to neutralize bin Laden and that was done 8 years ago. We spent the last 8 years trying to build a country that did not want to be built.
    Honestly, did we have to dismantle and partially lay waste to an entire country at the cost of tens of thousands of lives and two trillion dollars to neutralize bin Laden?

And, no, this is not just some Monday-morning quarterbacking. I was against this action from the outset, in part because I had a reasonable understanding of the way Afghanistan is set up and because I witnessed the Soviet inability to succeed in their incursion.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Honestly, did we have to dismantle and partially lay waste to an entire country at the cost of tens of thousands of lives and two trillion dollars to neutralize bin Laden?

And, no, this is not just some Monday-morning quarterbacking. I was against this action from the outset, in part because I had a reasonable understanding of the way Afghanistan is set up and because I witnessed the Soviet inability to succeed in their incursion.
    This

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I mean, I was pretty young in 2001 and 2003. And it was very hard to be anti-war during the Bush era. But even if every single person here was Monday-morning quarterbacking and this is all just "hindsight is 20/20", who cares? We know much more clearly now how bad this era of American imperialism turned out to be. That's good! Let's collectively learn from these mistakes! Do some introspection! And maybe...just maybe...we'll think a little more critically the next time someone tries to start a new war.

Unlikely for a lot of people, but whatever. At least brewers, brett, ciaban, etc. aren't enthusiastically beating the drum for American imperialism at this moment. And that NBA guy is nowhere to be found!
    HELLO

10, actually.

The best time to have pulled out was the day after we went. Each subsequent day got a little worse.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

The drumbeat for more war is strong. Theyíre already talking about how it will be hard to maintain drone strikes in Afghanistan without soldiers on the ground. So weird how nobody is asking why we are firing drones into a country that we arenít conducting a war in anymore.

Both sides have Hawks.

I mean, I was pretty young in 2001 and 2003. And it was very hard to be anti-war during the Bush era. But even if every single person here was Monday-morning quarterbacking and this is all just "hindsight is 20/20", who cares? We know much more clearly now how bad this era of American imperialism turned out to be. That's good! Let's collectively learn from these mistakes! Do some introspection! And maybe...just maybe...we'll think a little more critically the next time someone tries to start a new war.

Unlikely for a lot of people, but whatever. At least brewers, brett, ciaban, etc. aren't enthusiastically beating the drum for American imperialism at this moment. And that NBA guy is nowhere to be found!
    Another war will got lobbied in for some reason within a few years because thereís too much money to be made. Itís possible the only reason Trump wanted it ended was because he wasnít personally getting a taste (or as big of a taste as he thought he was entitled to as president).

NBA has been absent from the NBA forum, too. Hope heís alright.

Both sides have Hawks.
    Can I ask you how the GOP planned on dealing with Iran?

The Dems clearky went the route of diplomacy. While the GOP tore the deal up and refused negotiations.

What do you think the GOPs plan was/is?

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Can I ask you how the GOP planned on dealing with Iran?

The Dems clearky went the route of diplomacy. While the GOP tore the deal up and refused negotiations.

What do you think the GOPs plan was/is?
    You can ask, but I am not involved in the planning of international affairs. You have just as much of an idea as I do. And I will remind you again, I am not one that supported Trump. I simply find Biden's lack of an usable plan quite frightening. He pulled the plug without thinking of the consequences and failed to utilize his best asset in the area.

You can ask, but I am not involved in the planning of international affairs. You have just as much of an idea as I do. And I will remind you again, I am not one that supported Trump. I simply find Biden's lack of an usable plan quite frightening. He pulled the plug without thinking of the consequences and failed to utilize his best asset in the area.
    Well lets try real hard and think.

If the GOP is refusing diplomacy. Both by leaving the Iran deal and refusing negotiations for a new deal.

So Iran goes back to building a nuke....

Do you think we let them build it and ignore them or we go in for the good ole regime change.

So you can criticize Biden but are completely unable to make a obvious prediction on Iran.

Trump lied to leave the deal. He lied about an iminent attack by Solemani. Its almost like.... the GOP... was lying... to send us to war.

No theyd never!!!

How many treaties did Trump negotiate in the Middle East?
    How many terrorist leaders were neutralized during his administration?

Sorry, but your undying devotion to Biden is not particularly impressive, although it is touching.
    Now excuse me while I go find a hankie to dab at the tears.