Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Expansion Draft

I'm with both Casper and Steagles here somehow.

I think ghost makes the most possible sense from a player/talent standpoint. There's still upside of a middle pair PP QB with no worries about a bad contract weighing you down as you build the foundation.

At the same time, 30 teams just passed on him. So, there's that.

As far as them needing some big contracts, sure. However you can find guys that are younger, more productive and with less term elsewhere to get to the floor. The floor isn't likely going to be hard to reach.

Do NMC guarantee that they can’t be selected or do rules change due to the expansion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Do NMC guarantee that they can’t be selected or do rules change due to the expansion?
    NMC forces teams to use a protection slot. Unless player waives.

Voracek will reportedly not be protected and the Flyers will potentially look to move him. He has been informed that his name will not be on the protected list. It sounds like he may welcome a change.

Not sure any of that is going to happen with his cap hit. But sounds like they may try. I doubt they'll get anything in particular good for him; if you're willing for Seattle to take him wholesale, then you're not asking for a ton except money relief. So I wouldn't get your hopes up they're getting a lot either way if he is indeed moved.

This is from Elliot Friedman
    I’m going to stress that this situation has been described as “not acrimonious” to me, but Philadelphia and*Jakub Voracek*have discussed that it might be time for a change, as well. Voracek is expected to be left unprotected for the expansion draft (and was told so), where former Flyers coach Dave Hakstol would weigh in. Should that fail, Philly will look elsewhere. There are three years left on his contract, with cash slightly lower than his cap hit of $8.25 million. Both sides are also prepared for the possibility a trade won’t occur, so he stays put. But there will be a legit attempt to move him.
    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 07-10-2021 at 02:21 PM.

It's going to be an interesting summer. Upper management can't be happy with how last season ended and waning support from the fans. The Flyers almost have to move a big contract or 2 to turn over this roster, so of Voracek isn't lost in expansion I wouldn't be surprised to see him moved for next to nothing.

He could be part of a trade for Eichel or Tarasenko or another player that wants out of the city they play in. Doesn't help the cap space but would make numbers work.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    He could be part of a trade for Eichel or Tarasenko or another player that wants out of the city they play in. Doesn't help the cap space but would make numbers work.
    I highly doubt that either organization is excited for that contract to come back. He'd probably add negative value to the trade in some capacity.

Essentially, any extra money over what you'd expect Voracek to sign on a FA market would be negative value. I think, FA Voracek swings something in the 3 year, $5m (per year) ish range. That would basically add then, $9-10m in negative value. Even offsetting money, it probably requires a larger commitment prospect wise from the Flyers to make happen.

Just don't think he's going in that kind of a trade. I expect something more Hartnell esque, where the Flyers get a piss poor player like RJ Umberger and his contract, but a lesser contract in return for Voracek, essentially trading quality for cap space.

Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 07-11-2021 at 07:48 AM.

i wouldn't be shocked if seattle just takes NAK as a cheap, reliable bottom 6 forward. i think i'd take ghost if i was in their position, but i don't know what other contracts they're looking at taking. if they want to spend their money elsewhere, NAK is the best league minimum player that we'll have exposed.

Just don't think he's going in that kind of a trade. I expect something more Hartnell esque, where the Flyers get a piss poor player like RJ Umberger and his contract, but a lesser contract in return for Voracek, essentially trading quality for cap space
    i could see something like voracek for evander kane, if SJS has buyers remorse.
    Last edited by steagles; 07-13-2021 at 03:42 PM.

Hak didn't play Ghost when he was coaching here, don't see them drafting him. Don't really see them taking Jake either. I agree, I can see Hagg or NAK being taken, depth players.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Flyers players that will be eligible for selection are as follows:

Forwards: Andy Andreoff, Nicolas Aube-Kubel, Connor Bunnaman, Sean Couturier, David Kase, Travis Konecny, Pascal Laberge, Scott Laughton, Oskar Lindblom, Nolan Patrick, German Rubtsov, Carsen Twarynski, James van Riemsdyk, Jakub Voracek, Mikhail Vorobyov

Defencemen: Chris Bigras, Justin Braun, Shayne Gostisbehere, Robert Hagg, Samuel Morin, Philippe Myers, Derrick Pouliot, Nate Prosser, Ivan Provorov, Travis Sanheim, Tyler Wotherspoon

Goalies: Brian Elliott, Carter Hart, Alex Lyon, Felix Sandstrom

Projected protection list: 7fwds 3d 1g

Goalie:
    1. Hart (obviously)

Defense:
    1. Provy (Duh)
    2. Sanheim (duh)
    3. Phil Myers (Duh)

Forwards:

1. Giroux (NMC)
    2. Hayes (NMC)
    3. Couts (Duh)
    4. TK. (DUH)
    5. Lindblom
    6. Laughton (idk this tough, in the wrong way)
    7. Anyone not named JVR or Jake

Idk how Id wanna fill out those seven forwards tbh. There aren't enough guys I'd hate to lose.

If I'm the flyers I'm trying extremely hard to add a piece before expansion at a discount with the ability to protect someone and not risk losing someone of too much value.

Whether that's a forward or a dman I wouldn't be too picky. It's fairly easy to switch to an 8 skater one goalie protection plan imo. I'm a big fan of lindblom, but if the right piece was coming the other way I'm willing to try and make the team better.
    Well then. My final "wish" projections for expansion protection.

Goalie

1. Hart.

Dmen

1. Ellis
    2. Provy
    3. Sanheim

Forwards
    1. Giroux
    2. Hayes
    3. Couts
    4. TK
    5. Lindblom
    6. Laughton
    7. NAK

I'm protection NAK over JVR/Jake. I feel the cap space can be better utilized.

We already know they've informed Jake he is likely not on the list. I'm a little concerned we haven't heard the same for JVR prior to the release of the list. Generally feel you want to get in front of that story. I anticipate being upset when I see the official list tomorrow.

I have a feeling JVR fills that final slot, but yeah I'd rather protect NAK and dare Seattle to take Jake or JVR off our hands.

Expansion Protected List official:
    https://twitter.com/reporterchris/st...596400132?s=19

Clear that the Flyers are hoping one of the contracts go here.

They got this one right.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    They got this one right.
    I would agree. It's a solid list if they want to clear cap.

seems like fletcher learned a lot from his last expansion draft with MIN, where he exposed dumba, and then sold off haula and tuch to cover his mistake.

this was very well handled, imo.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast