Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Expansion Draft

Expansion Draft

List of players I could see Seattle taking in no order.

Ghost
    Hagg
    Jake

I'm leaning towards Hagg.

i just saw who the kraken hired to be their head coach.

Who I think goes, based on the coach

1) Laughton
    2) Ghost
    3) Hagg

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    i just saw who the kraken hired to be their head coach.
    Lol. He's gonna get to a cup before the flyers do too

Lol. He's gonna get to a cup before the flyers do too
    it worked for berube.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Who I think goes, based on the coach

1) Laughton
    2) Ghost
    3) Hagg
    I don't see Laughton being exposed after signing a new contract recently.

Flyers players that will be eligible for selection are as follows:

Forwards: Andy Andreoff, Nicolas Aube-Kubel, Connor Bunnaman, Sean Couturier, David Kase, Travis Konecny, Pascal Laberge, Scott Laughton, Oskar Lindblom, Nolan Patrick, German Rubtsov, Carsen Twarynski, James van Riemsdyk, Jakub Voracek, Mikhail Vorobyov

Defencemen: Chris Bigras, Justin Braun, Shayne Gostisbehere, Robert Hagg, Samuel Morin, Philippe Myers, Derrick Pouliot, Nate Prosser, Ivan Provorov, Travis Sanheim, Tyler Wotherspoon

Goalies: Brian Elliott, Carter Hart, Alex Lyon, Felix Sandstrom

Projected protection list: 7fwds 3d 1g

Goalie:
    1. Hart (obviously)

Defense:
    1. Provy (Duh)
    2. Sanheim (duh)
    3. Phil Myers (Duh)

Forwards:

1. Giroux (NMC)
    2. Hayes (NMC)
    3. Couts (Duh)
    4. TK. (DUH)
    5. Lindblom
    6. Laughton (idk this tough, in the wrong way)
    7. Anyone not named JVR or Jake

Idk how Id wanna fill out those seven forwards tbh. There aren't enough guys I'd hate to lose.

If I'm the flyers I'm trying extremely hard to add a piece before expansion at a discount with the ability to protect someone and not risk losing someone of too much value.

Whether that's a forward or a dman I wouldn't be too picky. It's fairly easy to switch to an 8 skater one goalie protection plan imo. I'm a big fan of lindblom, but if the right piece was coming the other way I'm willing to try and make the team better.
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Flyers players that will be eligible for selection are as follows:

Forwards: Andy Andreoff, Nicolas Aube-Kubel, Connor Bunnaman, Sean Couturier, David Kase, Travis Konecny, Pascal Laberge, Scott Laughton, Oskar Lindblom, Nolan Patrick, German Rubtsov, Carsen Twarynski, James van Riemsdyk, Jakub Voracek, Mikhail Vorobyov

Defencemen: Chris Bigras, Justin Braun, Shayne Gostisbehere, Robert Hagg, Samuel Morin, Philippe Myers, Derrick Pouliot, Nate Prosser, Ivan Provorov, Travis Sanheim, Tyler Wotherspoon

Goalies: Brian Elliott, Carter Hart, Alex Lyon, Felix Sandstrom

Projected protection list: 7fwds 3d 1g

Goalie:
    1. Hart (obviously)

Defense:
    1. Provy (Duh)
    2. Sanheim (duh)
    3. Phil Myers (Duh)

Forwards:

1. Giroux (NMC)
    2. Hayes (NMC)
    3. Couts (Duh)
    4. TK. (DUH)
    5. Lindblom
    6. Laughton (idk this tough, in the wrong way)
    7. Anyone not named JVR or Jake

Idk how Id wanna fill out those seven forwards tbh. There aren't enough guys I'd hate to lose.

If I'm the flyers I'm trying extremely hard to add a piece before expansion at a discount with the ability to protect someone and not risk losing someone of too much value.

Whether that's a forward or a dman I wouldn't be too picky. It's fairly easy to switch to an 8 skater one goalie protection plan imo. I'm a big fan of lindblom, but if the right piece was coming the other way I'm willing to try and make the team better.
    They are either 100% trading Patrick or he will be kept and they will keep 1 of JVR or Voracek

Maybe, just maybe; they will keep Patrick and Laughton and expose both JVR and Voracek but I doubt it. Likely Voracek and Patrick are protected and we lose JVR or Laughton.

They are either 100% trading Patrick or he will be kept and they will keep 1 of JVR or Voracek

Maybe, just maybe; they will keep Patrick and Laughton and expose both JVR and Voracek but I doubt it. Likely Voracek and Patrick are protected and we lose JVR or Laughton.
    I think JVR and Jake are naturally protected via their contracts. I'd likely fill 7 with Patrick and cross my fingers they take one of those contracts off my roster.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    I think JVR and Jake are naturally protected via their contracts. I'd likely fill 7 with Patrick and cross my fingers they take one of those contracts off my roster.
    Id 100% agree that Voracek and Patrick will be kept over JVR and Laughton when it comes down to the selection.

If the flyers trade Patrick before or during expansion, then we will keep Laughton and Voracek, and expose only JVR

Seattle can and will need to take on some big contracts to get to at least the base salary. Exposing JVR & Jake they might be inclined to take one of them. In the end I still think they take Hagg.

Seattle can and will need to take on some big contracts to get to at least the base salary. Exposing JVR & Jake they might be inclined to take one of them. In the end I still think they take Hagg.
    i think ghost makes the most sense for SEA. there's very little downside, given their cap situation, and a ton of upside, given ghost's talent and relative youth.

Id 100% agree that Voracek and Patrick will be kept over JVR and Laughton when it comes down to the selection.

If the flyers trade Patrick before or during expansion, then we will keep Laughton and Voracek, and expose only JVR
    Let it go. They didn't sign Laughton to a 5 year deal to expose him. Patrick is gone whether via trade or expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    I doubt they take Hagg. At least one of Voracek/JVR will be exposed and possibly Patrick.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    i think ghost makes the most sense for SEA. there's very little downside, given their cap situation, and a ton of upside, given ghost's talent and relative youth.
    There is zero chance they take Ghost. Every team in the NHL could've had him for free and the Flyers practically tried to give him away in trades. I'd say Hagg has a better chance of being taken than Ghost and probably has more league value as well.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast