Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast

What exactly are the Kings doing?

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    That's absurd.
    And over the next 6 drafts the Thunder are going to average 3+ 1st round picks per.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Kings gonna King.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Yup saw that too. Apparently he didnít interview well either. And we didnít have the option to trade down because magic or OKC would have taken Barnes.

Iím ok with the pick. Barnes has the higher ceiling and we trust our development system

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Taking small ball to a whole other level lol

A bunch of "analysts" giving the Warriors crap draft grades and it's not about the drafted players at all, but just based on the Warriors not trading away all their assets for a star.

The Warriors front office and ownership has been saying for 2 years that they are looking to maximize their assets for a long run of sustained quality and not going all in. The media says the Warriors star players have "demanded" that the team go all in, and what do we have but the players supporting the roster moves including Draymond texting Myers before the picks calling for him to take Kuminga and Moody.

The Warriors are happy with the draft, it just doesn't fit the media narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    A bunch of "analysts" giving the Warriors crap draft grades and it's not about the drafted players at all, but just based on the Warriors not trading away all their assets for a star.

The Warriors front office and ownership has been saying for 2 years that they are looking to maximize their assets for a long run of sustained quality and not going all in. The media says the Warriors star players have "demanded" that the team go all in, and what do we have but the players supporting the roster moves including Draymond texting Myers before the picks calling for him to take Kuminga and Moody.

Local radio had a caller that called the Sixers the biggest lost of the night for not trading Simmons for a pick in the 10-15 range and using their own pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ďAnalystsĒ lol some of these guys donít know ****: I think the Warriors did very well with their picks.

Everyone assumes thereís a trade available to be made. For all they know the Warriors shopped the picks and didnít like the return and decided to stand pat. And they landed two great young players. Moody at 14 was awesome

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Yup saw that too. Apparently he didnít interview well either. And we didnít have the option to trade down because magic or OKC would have taken Barnes.

Iím ok with the pick. Barnes has the higher ceiling and we trust our development system
    I think Suggs will be pretty darn good, but I think there is a semi legit concern about what does he do really, really well? Gonzaga having a bunch of guards and just a talented team in general, so its hard to get a great read on him, and the conference has 2nd tier athletes comparatively.

I think Suggs is going to be really good. He's probably not going to have a major weakness to his game. But I also think there's a chance he doesnt have a major strength either or at least lacks a "calling card" type skill. If that's what the raptors, I can't blame them too much.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    ďAnalystsĒ lol some of these guys donít know ****: I think the Warriors did very well with their picks.

Everyone assumes thereís a trade available to be made. For all they know the Warriors shopped the picks and didnít like the return and decided to stand pat. And they landed two great young players. Moody at 14 was awesome
    Thing is Kuminga has a ton of upside. Nothing that says he can't be traded still in the future. Given his size and athleticism, he can play with anyone, so I'm sure he will be sought after if they do decide to make a deal.

None of the big fish really moved. Russ did u suppose, but he's kind of an awkward fit that there wasn't a ton of interest in him I would guess. Simmons is the weird one, cuz that's going to be for win now guys. But if Dame or Beal move, it stands to reason they would be moved for a rebuild and kuminga is a perfect guy for a rebuild team.

I think they've did well the last 2 drafts, if we look at the Suns who just came outta the West, they were a nice mix of youth and veterans. I look for the Warriors to have a nice bounce back season in 2021-22.

Yeah, that would be a knock on it, though it may well have been intentional.
    You're right, 4 first rounders is tough. I looked back at the 1990 Kings and it looks like only 2 of the 4 had good rookie seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    2 solid picks by the Nets late here in the first.
    I like Cam quite a bit and if he's just a benhx scorer, he might work, but it feels like an awkward fit.

That dude is a shot hunter. He's not super efficient, but all he does is score the basketball. Bad passer. Bad defender (although athletically he has the tools to be a decent defender). Feels like a bit of a weird fit with 3 other guys who are more efficient and better at doing the one thing Cam does well. But he's young and he can score. Not a bad guy to have, just feels like the Nets were the team that needed him the least.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I think Suggs will be pretty darn good, but I think there is a semi legit concern about what does he do really, really well? Gonzaga having a bunch of guards and just a talented team in general, so its hard to get a great read on him, and the conference has 2nd tier athletes comparatively.

I think Suggs is going to be really good. He's probably not going to have a major weakness to his game. But I also think there's a chance he doesnt have a major strength either or at least lacks a "calling card" type skill. If that's what the raptors, I can't blame them too much.
    I was sure we weíre gonna a pick Suggs. But I can totally see why Masai went with Barnes. Initially I had a knee jerk reaction because Suggs just seemed like the perfect fit in the back court with FVV. But Iím also excited about Barnesí upside

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast