Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    At this point, I don't see Toronto, Houston or Cleveland trading out of the top 3 spots. It's going to be Cade, Green and Mobley in that order. More Houston intel: A Twitter pick was posted yesterday from a friend of Green's where he's clearly on a private Rockets jet.

So I'm moving on. Thrilled with Green and excited to see him as a Rocket; dude is a freak athlete who should be a ton of fun to watch. Has a Kobe-like drive and determination.

Any news if Toronto is struggling with Suggs at 4? With Lowry gone, he seems like the perfect young replacement. Not sure how much interest they have in Barnes.

And I'm obviously super interested in what the Rockets do with 23 and 24. If the Warriors turned down two higher picks for 14, then dealing into the lottery seems unlikely. With as much talent is in this draft, though, I'd be fine staying pat and picking. Add length, defense and shooting in those spots, and I'm good.
    Even though I think Mobley is going to be the better player, I feel as though Green is the better fit for you guys so it's a good pick.

As for the 4 thing. I really think there's one of 2-3 things going on:
    1 - They really wanted Mobley, and aren't scrambling to figure it out, but are really working through the options.
    2 - They still are trying to work out something to move up to 3 to get Mobley.
    3 - They are working on a trade where 4 goes out for a player or moving down from 4.

As for the rockets later picks - It would be nice if there was a way to consolidate them for an earlier pick, but it seems like everyone with later multiple picks are trying to do that. (OK just NY). I think I would pick with one of them, trade the other for a future top-20 protected 1st and top-40 protected 2nd for someone that wants to get a player in this draft. There's just such a glut of PG/SG guys that will be there, you might end up reaching for a PF/C.

If Houston can come out of this draft with Green and Springer, along with a future 1st, I would chalk it up to a very successful draft for Houston. And honestly, through this season I would continue to feature KPJ and possibly do the OKC "rehab a player" with him if someone offers a good enough deal. I'd bring Wall off the bench and feature him on second units: Best case, he's a 2nd unit stud, someone offers something at the deadline with his PO coming up. Worst case, he's an ok 2nd unit, and he becomes a 2022 offseason/deadline chip.

Start:
    KPJ
    Springer
    Green
    Olynyk (if you can resign him)
    Wood

Ideally It would be cool if you can find a 6'8" combo forward guy with that lineup for Olynyk and just play really fast basketball with that lineup. Then you got Wall, House, Tate, EG on the bench. I think Wall might be able to be moved, but House and EG should be movable this year.

Yea you are still 2-3 years away from really being there, but that's such a fun and fast team for the fans to still be excited over.

Houston will be a playoff team again but won't happen for at least another 2 to 3 years...but as far as Detroit goes I can easily see them developing into one with Cade Cunningham and the core they have there with Jerami Grant, Isaiah Stewart, Saddiq Bey, Killian Hayes, etc. but it won't be for at least another 2 years minimum

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Even though I think Mobley is going to be the better player, I feel as though Green is the better fit for you guys so it's a good pick.

As for the 4 thing. I really think there's one of 2-3 things going on:
    1 - They really wanted Mobley, and aren't scrambling to figure it out, but are really working through the options.
    2 - They still are trying to work out something to move up to 3 to get Mobley.
    3 - They are working on a trade where 4 goes out for a player or moving down from 4.

As for the rockets later picks - It would be nice if there was a way to consolidate them for an earlier pick, but it seems like everyone with later multiple picks are trying to do that. (OK just NY). I think I would pick with one of them, trade the other for a future top-20 protected 1st and top-40 protected 2nd for someone that wants to get a player in this draft. There's just such a glut of PG/SG guys that will be there, you might end up reaching for a PF/C.

If Houston can come out of this draft with Green and Springer, along with a future 1st, I would chalk it up to a very successful draft for Houston. And honestly, through this season I would continue to feature KPJ and possibly do the OKC "rehab a player" with him if someone offers a good enough deal. I'd bring Wall off the bench and feature him on second units: Best case, he's a 2nd unit stud, someone offers something at the deadline with his PO coming up. Worst case, he's an ok 2nd unit, and he becomes a 2022 offseason/deadline chip.

Start:
    KPJ
    Springer
    Green
    Olynyk (if you can resign him)
    Wood

Ideally It would be cool if you can find a 6'8" combo forward guy with that lineup for Olynyk and just play really fast basketball with that lineup. Then you got Wall, House, Tate, EG on the bench. I think Wall might be able to be moved, but House and EG should be movable this year.

Yea you are still 2-3 years away from really being there, but that's such a fun and fast team for the fans to still be excited over.
    Springer is solid, but if the Rockets are taking Green, give me some guys with length and defense in the 3-5 spots. I'm looking at Trey Murphy, Jalen Johnson, JT Thor and Isaiah Jackson. Or if they're trading up, Kai Jones. I like Zaire Williams, too, even if he's a little on the raw side.

Springer is solid, but if the Rockets are taking Green, give me some guys with length and defense in the 3-5 spots. I'm looking at Trey Murphy, Jalen Johnson, JT Thor and Isaiah Jackson. Or if they're trading up, Kai Jones. I like Zaire Williams, too, even if he's a little on the raw side.
    I’m really high on Springer. Gonna be a great defender and has a good enough offensive game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I’m really high on Springer. Gonna be a great defender and has a good enough offensive game.
    I like Springer too in the 2nd half of the 1st.

Final mock before tomorrow's NBA Draft itself

1- Cade Cunningham (PG) (Pistons)
    2- Jalen Green (SG) (Rockets)
    3- Evan Mobley (C) (Cavaliers)
    4- Jalen Suggs (PG) (Raptors)
    5- Scottie Barnes (SF) (Magic)
    6- James Bouknight (SG) (Thunder)
    7- Jonathan Kuminga (SF/PF) (Warriors via TWolves)
    8- Alperen Sengun (C) (Magic) (via Bulls)
    9- Franz Wagner (SF) (Kings)
    10- Josh Giddey (SF) (Grizzlies via Pelicans trade)
    11- Moses Moody (SG) (Hornets)
    12- Davion Mitchell (PG) (Spurs)
    13- Jalen Johnson (PF) (Pacers)
    14- Chris Duarte (SG) (Warriors)
    15- Corey Kispert (SF) (Wizards)
    16- Ziaire Williams (SG) (Thunder via Celtics)
    17- Trey Murphy III (SG) (Pelicans via Grizzlies trade)
    18- Usman Garuba (PF/C) (Thunder via Heat)
    19- Kai Jones (PF/C) (Knicks)
    20- Jaden Springer (PG) (Hawks)
    21- Keon Johnson (SG) (Knicks via Mavericks)
    22- Jared Butler (PG) (Lakers)
    23- Isaiah Jackson (PF/C) (Rockets via Blazers)
    24- Sharife Cooper (PG) (Rockets via Bucks)
    25- Ayo Dosunmu (PG/SG) (Clippers)
    26- Cam Thomas (SG) (Nuggets)
    27- Miles McBride (PG) (Nets)
    28- Nah'shon Hyland (PG) (76ers)
    29- Day'ron Sharpe (C) (Rockets)
    30- Josh Christopher (SG) (Jazz)

2021 draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I like Springer too in the 2nd half of the 1st.
    I’m not impressed with him at all. No creation, limited athlete. 6’4 2 guard whose calling card is “smart defense”. and being an OK shooter. Honestly seems like a guy could be overseas in a couple years

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I would tend to agree. Green is pretty small for a SG, especially when you factor in his weight. I don't see him playing up the 3 very often, at least early in his career. And springer is somewhat similar in that regard.

When you're not a very good team like Houston, there is something to be said about just collecting talent. But springer and green are very similar in size and ideal position that they are somewhat awkward together.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Final mock before tomorrow's NBA Draft itself

1- Cade Cunningham (PG) (Pistons)
    2- Jalen Green (SG) (Rockets)
    3- Evan Mobley (C) (Cavaliers)
    4- Jalen Suggs (PG) (Raptors)
    5- Scottie Barnes (SF) (Magic)
    6- James Bouknight (SG) (Thunder)
    7- Jonathan Kuminga (SF/PF) (Warriors via TWolves)
    8- Alperen Sengun (C) (Magic) (via Bulls)
    9- Franz Wagner (SF) (Kings)
    10- Josh Giddey (SF) (Grizzlies via Pelicans trade)
    11- Moses Moody (SG) (Hornets)
    12- Davion Mitchell (PG) (Spurs)
    13- Jalen Johnson (PF) (Pacers)
    14- Chris Duarte (SG) (Warriors)
    15- Corey Kispert (SF) (Wizards)
    16- Ziaire Williams (SG) (Thunder via Celtics)
    17- Trey Murphy III (SG) (Pelicans via Grizzlies trade)
    18- Usman Garuba (PF/C) (Thunder via Heat)
    19- Kai Jones (PF/C) (Knicks)
    20- Jaden Springer (PG) (Hawks)
    21- Keon Johnson (SG) (Knicks via Mavericks)
    22- Jared Butler (PG) (Lakers)
    23- Isaiah Jackson (PF/C) (Rockets via Blazers)
    24- Sharife Cooper (PG) (Rockets via Bucks)
    25- Ayo Dosunmu (PG/SG) (Clippers)
    26- Cam Thomas (SG) (Nuggets)
    27- Miles McBride (PG) (Nets)
    28- Nah'shon Hyland (PG) (76ers)
    29- Day'ron Sharpe (C) (Rockets)
    30- Josh Christopher (SG) (Jazz)
    For Sacramento’s sake I really hope they don’t pick Wagner.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    For Sacramento’s sake I really hope they don’t pick Wagner.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Why?
    Might turn out like his brother lol

I think Wagner is actually pretty safe. He was a very, very good defender at Michigan. His steal rates and % of Tran steals plus their team defensive stats with him on the floor indicate he's a pretty darn good defender. Whowed decent lateral agility and plays passing lanes super well. He's not gonna be Ben Simmons on the ball, but he's a solid on ball defender that appears to be a really good team defender.

His shooting isn't elite, but his free throw shooting suggests he could be a pretty good shooter from downtown. I don't think he's ever like Joe Harris in that regard, but he's probably not going to be a minus long term from downtown. And he's shown a little off the bounce and as a creator/passer, that he has some good versatility on offense even if he isn't an elite shooter.

Idk, I see him as relatively safe but probably doesn't have All Star upside. I've seen him compared to Otto Porter and that feels about right. If he can bulk up a bit and rebound better without losing much foot speed, he could be a good 3/4 type combo guy. Porter, Harrison Barnes and those types are a good target for him. If you're drafting like 6 or 7th, you're probably shooting for more upside, but in that 12ish type of range, that feels like a solid get.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Might turn out like his brother lol
    bingo lol

https://twitter.com/thehoopcentral/s...215713794?s=21

Report: The Cavs would reportedly turn down an offer of Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and the No. 6 Overall Pick for the No. 3 Overall Pick, via @JakeLFischer

I love the wording of that. They didn't offer us that trade, just want to pre-emptively say we would turn it down.

Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast