Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    It was SGA and #6... Damn, if I'm the Pistons I probably do that. Ik SGA has to be paid but Cade isn't a sure thing.
    I would take that offer. Feels bad that SGA always get move. Hell trade him to Philly

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...810083329?s=21

Lol. Dear lord Detroit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Due diligence...I hope.

Seeing final mocks

1- Cade Cunningham (PG) (Pistons)
    2- Jalen Green (SG) (Rockets)
    3- Evan Mobley (C) (Cavaliers)
    4- Jalen Suggs (PG) (Raptors)
    5- Jonathan Kuminga (PF) (Magic)
    6- Scottie Barnes (PF) (Thunder)
    7- Davion Mitchell (PG) (Warriors)
    8- Keon Johnson (SG) (Magic)
    9- Franz Wagner (SF) (Kings)
    10- James Bouknight (SG) (Grizzlies via trade w/Pelicans)
    11- Alperen Sengun (C) (Hornets)
    12- Kai Jones (PF) (Spurs)
    13- Josh Giddey (PG/SG) (Pacers)
    14- Jalen Johnson (PF) (Warriors)
    15- Isaiah Jackson (C) (Wizards)
    16- Moses Moody (SG) (Thunder)
    17- Corey Kispert (SF) (Pelicans) (via trade w/Grizzlies)
    18- Ziaire Williams (SF) (Thunder)
    19- Jaden Springer (PG) (Knicks)
    20- Jeremiah Robinson-Earl (PF) (Hawks)
    21- Usman Garuba (PF/C) (Knicks)
    22- Tre Mann (PG) (Lakers)
    23- Charles Bassey (C) (Rockets)
    24- Chris Duarte (SG) (Rockets)
    25- Sharife Cooper (PG) (Clippers)
    26- Cameron Thomas (SG) (Nuggets)
    27- Day' Ron Sharpe (C) (Nets)
    28- Jared Butler (PG) (76ers)
    29- Filip Petrusev (C) (Suns)
    30- Nah' Shon Hyland (PG) (Jazz)

Rumor has it that Mobley let Houston know he prefers they don't pick him and rather be picked by Cleveland.

Rumor has it that Mobley let Houston know he prefers they don't pick him and rather be picked by Cleveland.
    That's weird lol the first time CLE has been picked by someone not named LBJ.

That's weird lol the first time CLE has been picked by someone not named LBJ.
    Just a sign of how dysfunctional Houston must be.

Source? Let's not just throw around rumors without citing our sources. Also, ownership may be a train wreck, but overall Houston is just fine, thanks. Tilman Fertitta is not the entire franchise.

Also, Jalen Green seems to be pretty happy with Houston. He's tweeted about wanted to play with KPJ and posted on social of him in one of Fertitta's hotel rooms yesterday in H-Town.

At this point, the writing is on the wall. It's going to be 1. Cade. 2. Green. 3 Mobley.
    Last edited by mightybosstone; 07-27-2021 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Source? Let's not just throw around rumors without citing our sources. Also, ownership may be a train wreck, but overall Houston is just fine, thanks. Tilman Fertitta is not the entire franchise.

Also, Jalen Green seems to be pretty happy with Houston. He's tweeted about wanted to play with KPJ and posted on social of him in one of Fertitta's hotel rooms yesterday in H-Town.

At this point, the writing is on the wall. It's going to be 1. Cade. 2. Green. 3 Mobley.
    Idk War's original source but i found these

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...uston.amp.html - Jeremy Woo of Sports Illustrated

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...outs-nba-draft - Jonathan Givony of ESPN/Draft Express

Idk War's original source but i found these

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...uston.amp.html - Jeremy Woo of Sports Illustrated

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...outs-nba-draft - Jonathan Givony of ESPN/Draft Express
    I've seen the Givony piece. I (and most Rockets fans) took it as Mobley's camp recognizing Houston's preference for Green and not feeling like it was worth the time.

I don't think you can necessarily chalk it up to dysfunction at at all, though. There's nothing to indicate that was a factor in why he didn't work out for Houston.

Jonathan Givony

https://twitter.com/FreeRiso24/statu...321488897?s=20

https://twitter.com/SalmanAliNBA/sta...647673859?s=20

The vast majority of rival teams have zeroed in on Green as the likely choice for Houston at No. 2. While sources say the Rockets have been calling around to gauge trade possibilities involving the 2 pick, it feels more likely that they stand pat. That confidence has been bolstered by the fact that Green is the only projected top pick expected to work out for the Rockets at this point in time. League sources have indicated there is a level of disinterest within Evan Mobley’s camp regarding Houston as a destination, raising questions as to whether that potential marriage would be ideal for either side. Rival teams do not expect Mobley, Jalen Suggs or Cade Cunningham to work out for Houston before draft night.

I've seen the Givony piece. I (and most Rockets fans) took it as Mobley's camp recognizing Houston's preference for Green and not feeling like it was worth the time.

I don't think you can necessarily chalk it up to dysfunction at at all, though. There's nothing to indicate that was a factor in why he didn't work out for Houston.
    That's true, it is a little odd that Cade, Mobley, and Suggs didn't workout for Houston. Unless behind the scenes its just clear as day you all are going Green regardless of if you trade up to 1, stay put at 2, or trade back to 3.

That's true, it is a little odd that Cade, Mobley, and Suggs didn't workout for Houston. Unless behind the scenes its just clear as day you all are going Green regardless of if you trade up to 1, stay put at 2, or trade back to 3.
    Yea. Usually you would hear more.

And on top of that, why would Houston waste assets on moving to 1 unless Detroit were more heavily linked to Green. They seem pretty dead set on taking Cade Cunningham at #1, so moving up to #1 for Jalen Green wouldn't be worth it. Moving back makes some sense if someone wanted Mobley over Cleveland and you wouldn't move that far back (I think Toronto is the only option).

There's something to the story here that isn't out. It feels like back when Hinkie/Sixers were stonewalled on working out KP, because his agent (who also had Nerlens Noel) didn't like they already had Noel and Embiid at the 5. He didn't even let Hinkie tell him the plan was KP at the 4. Well, the true reasoning came out that Noel's and KP's agent blocked it because he knew it would mean less playing time for KP and Noel, meaning that they wouldn't be able to make as much on a next contract.

The presumptive number 1 pick and generally consensus number 1 on most boards only visiting the team with the jfrst pick is pretty common. If Houston had Green over Suggs from the start, then not bringing him in isnt a shock. Still wouldnt hurt, but not a shock. So really Mobley is the only one who is a bit surprising they didn't bring in. He has maybe the most upside of anyone and is such a different player from green and Suggs, that you'd think they'd want to bring him in. But if he decided, for whatever reason he prefers Cleveland to Houston, then I can see why they only ended up bringing one guy in.

I'd be willing to bet that Cleveland indicated a willingness to move Allen, while Houston wouldn't commit to moving Wood and wanting to play them together. With today's NBA and not able to run two big man lineups (no matter how athletic) all that easily, I can see Mobley deciding he doesn't want to risk being worked out by a team that won't make the space for him.

Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast