Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 561
  1. #361
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    It is entirely relevant since the team name is Indians and you said it doesn't bother real Indians. Well the fact that you think real Indians are Native Americans is sort of the problem.
    Real "Indians"in the context of American Indians. That's what they were called for years. <ismomer or not, thaty is what they were called.

    Geezus. You know damn well what I am talking about.

    And if we accept your logic……we change the name of the Cleveland Indians because of India Indians. Does that satisfy the idiotic hairsplittwers out there??? So is the Atlanta Braqves OK??? Chicago Blackhawks???

    As I said………much ado about nothing.

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    101,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Real "Indians"in the context of American Indians. That's what they were called for years. <ismomer or not, thaty is what they were called.

    Geezus. You know damn well what I am talking about.

    And if we accept your logic……we change the name of the Cleveland Indians because of India Indians. Does that satisfy the idiotic hairsplittwers out there??? So is the Atlanta Braqves OK??? Chicago Blackhawks???

    As I said………much ado about nothing.
    So if I call you Stuggo as opposed to Sluggo. How long do I get to call you that before it comes your name? It’s not your name but people started calling you that name long enough, who are you to decide what your name is?

  3. #363
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    So if I call you Stuggo as opposed to Sluggo. How long do I get to call you that before it comes your name? It’s not your name but people started calling you that name long enough, who are you to decide what your name is?
    Pretty stupid point but not unexpected.

  4. #364
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    No longer "requires" but, I believe that they can teach about it if they wish……and they probably will. So you can relax.
    They probably won’t, otherwise there was no need to change the rule.

  5. #365
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Yeah, and they are rolling back a requirement that doesn't exist yet. I wonder how many states have required lists like that already in place?
    Maybe MLK is the critical race topics they want out of our schools?

  6. #366
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,002
    Sadly, I think the legacy of Martin Luther King, Jr. has been sanitized — whitewashed? — for the popular audience.

  7. #367
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    MLK was a great man and a great American about whose life should be discussed in schools.

    The only problem with MLK is the void he left in black leadership. All kinds of black "leaders" tried to jump into the forefront and take MLK's place and none of them can hold a candle to him. They've done their people more harm than good.

  8. #368
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    101,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Pretty stupid point but not unexpected.
    Oh so your right to be called by your actual name and ethnicity is more important than theirs? Native Americans are not in ANY WAY Indian. This should offer a clarification:

    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/New+...2d41.49932!3e4
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  9. #369
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Oh so your right to be called by your actual name and ethnicity is more important than theirs? Native Americans are not in ANY WAY Indian. This should offer a clarification:

    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/New+...2d41.49932!3e4
    Too bad, so sad.

    Bummer.

    It is what it is.

    Sometimes it just be's that way.

  10. #370
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    101,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Too bad, so sad.

    Bummer.

    It is what it is.

    Sometimes it just be's that way.
    No it doesn’t just be that way. And society is moving in that direction and I’m glad to hear it. Thankfully the part of society that thinks the way you do is not propagating themselves in the younger generations. Your sick mindset is dying off rapidly. It is scaring many people and they are taking last ditch efforts to pass legislation to prolong the submission of minorities.

  11. #371
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    16,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Sadly, I think the legacy of Martin Luther King, Jr. has been sanitized — whitewashed? — for the popular audience.
    Well, we will at least have MLK price-busting sale day.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  12. #372
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    No it doesn’t just be that way. And society is moving in that direction and I’m glad to hear it. Thankfully the part of society that thinks the way you do is not propagating themselves in the younger generations. Your sick mindset is dying off rapidly. It is scaring many people and they are taking last ditch efforts to pass legislation to prolong the submission of minorities.
    Sick mindset………I'm against changing the name of the Cleveland Indians and, to you, that indicates a sick mindset. Sounds like it should be the other way around.

    Bolded what is "propagating themselves in the younger generations" because, frankly I haven't seen all that much to be impressed with.

    One of the problems with us "dying off rapidly" (and "m sure mom and dad must be proud of you) is that, once we are gone……who exactly will be in charge??? People like you??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    And for the record, you never did opine on my comment about elevating another song to the status of our National Anthem (that'sThe Star Spangled Banner).

  13. #373
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,024
    I love how Sluggo says we should stop with stuff like Critical Race Theory because it’s divisive and doesn’t bring anyone together and then defends controversial things like the Cleveland Indians. If your goal is to bring people together, why are you so adamant about defending clearly divisive things like this and confederate statues.

  14. #374
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    61,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I always wonder if people like you have any traditional values at all. Do you have any sense of connection with where you are or what is going on around you??? Any civic pride??? (We know you have no national pride.)

    Changing the name of a baseball team that has been around for over 100 years is just absurd since the name is totally non-offensive. And as far as I have heard, it doesn't bother real Indians. So the change is being made to satisfy some idiot professor who was able to convince equally idiot students that somehow "Indians"is offensive. Many cities are proud of being connected with their sports teams and derive a certain amount of civic pride from those teams. Bragging rights, fun conversations going back and forth with other cities etc. (Obviously, this is not something someone like you would understand.) Try changing the name of the Dallas Cowboys (hey, they fought the Indians, were cruel to animals with branding and rodeos.) How about the New York Yankees (everyone south of the Mason Dixon line could be offended by that name.)

    Other than the Washington Redskins, I've yet to hear a sports name that could be considered offensive……except to people like you.

    And as far as……sing a song and they can’t shut up. This says all anyone needs to know about you and how clueless you are.

    Pay attention here……it's not the song that infuriates anyone. It's a fairly nice and peaceful song. Sing it, or anything,, all you want.

    It is elevating this song or ANY SONG to a position of being equal to that of the American national anthem (that's The Star Spangled Banner in case you are unaware of it). This is (or should be) unacceptable to any American, black or white) who has any shred of pride in the country he or she lives in.

    Hope this helps. I doubt it will but one can hope.
    See what I mean. Look at all the angry words. Changing the name of a baseball team is absurd? No, your temper is. I'm not the one that is offended. You are. You are a ball of rage b/c someone doesn't like the name. This doesn't affect you in any way. Same thing with the song. You are the problem. You spend all day looking for problems and yelling about nonsense. Can you tell me what cartoon you are upset about today?
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  15. #375
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,024
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    See what I mean. Look at all the angry words. Changing the name of a baseball team is absurd? No, your temper is. I'm not the one that is offended. You are. You are a ball of rage b/c someone doesn't like the name. This doesn't affect you in any way. Same thing with the song. You are the problem. You spend all day looking for problems and yelling about nonsense. Can you tell me what cartoon you are upset about today?
    I don’t care, now let me spend the next several months yelling at you about how I don’t care.

Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •