Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
Results 376 to 390 of 398
  1. #376
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    60,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    If I had to guess……………

    I would think that the realtor is doing what he or she can to make a sale as quickly as possible. One of the biggest complaints that a realtor will complain about is the amount of time that is wasted. Most people buying a house have little experience in doing so. The realtor has tons of experience. Any "steering" would be done consciously or sub-consciously using that experience to connect potential buyers with a deal that will go thru.

    Another point……why does the realtor care where anyone buys a house unless that house is next door to the realtor himself??? Point is, he doesn't care.

    Another point………it is just as easy for a buyer to look up a home on line as it is a realtor. How does a realtor refuse to show a house someone finds on line and wants to see it???

    A few things the article(s) were not really clear about is how does a realtor answer certain questions………
    What are the schools like in XXX???
    What is the crime rate in XXX???
    What is the racial makeup in XXX???

    These are questions that some buyers would flat out ask. How does a realtor answer blunt questions such as these.???

    Does "steering" go on??? Yeah, probably. But I think it is more in the interest of expediting a sale than maintaining racial makeups. The realtor does not care who buys what. They're just interested in making the sale and doing so as smoothly as possible in as short a time as possible.

    There is always more than one angle to a story,
    And yours is clearly I’m ok with it. It doesn’t matter what the motivation is it’s illegal and if the motive isn’t the agents feelings about race that is prove of wait it Sluggo “systematic racism”


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  2. #377
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    60,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Real "Indians"in the context of American Indians. That's what they were called for years. <ismomer or not, thaty is what they were called.

    Geezus. You know damn well what I am talking about.

    And if we accept your logic……we change the name of the Cleveland Indians because of India Indians. Does that satisfy the idiotic hairsplittwers out there??? So is the Atlanta Braqves OK??? Chicago Blackhawks???

    As I said………much ado about nothing.
    They are ok with me. If a segment of the population doesn’t like those names and the people in charge of the teams decide to change the names I’m not going to care though. Do you know why? It doesn’t affect me at all.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  3. #378
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    See what I mean. Look at all the angry words. Changing the name of a baseball team is absurd? No, your temper is. I'm not the one that is offended. You are. You are a ball of rage b/c someone doesn't like the name. This doesn't affect you in any way. Same thing with the song. You are the problem. You spend all day looking for problems and yelling about nonsense. Can you tell me what cartoon you are upset about today?
    You fail to see simple points and I feel for ya.

    You maybe woke (whatever that means); but you are not awake.

    If you can't see how equating any song, any song at all with the national anthem (that's The Star Spangled Banner) and giving that song equal billing (see NFL) just to appease some group then I don't know what to tell you.

    Like I had to say to my kids a few times when they were younger……if it has to be explained to you, it cannot be explained.

    You will never get it.

    Good luck.

  4. #379
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    And yours is clearly I’m ok with it. It doesn’t matter what the motivation is it’s illegal and if the motive isn’t the agents feelings about race that is prove of wait it Sluggo “systematic racism”


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is human nature to try to close a sale as expeditiously and as cleanly as possible. That's not necessarily systemic racism.

    The article in Newsday was an excellent one. However, one point that they did not cover was……there was no examples of a black buyer working with a black realtor (or if there was, I missed). I'd be willing to bet that the black realtor gave the same info that the white realtors did re: crime, schools, prop values etc.

    I just bought a house and it was a 4-5 month process. Very tedious and time consuming process. In one of our conversations my realtor told me that some client was interested in an $800K home on a lake with a boathouse that the realtor knew they guy would have difficulty securing a loan even though he had plenty of $$$$ and was putting down 25%. Realtor hated dealing with the guy. Two loans fell thru like they knew it would and weeks worth of time was wasted. These scenarios are on realtors minds as they move thru their deals. It is not as cut and dry as people think.

    Keep in mind that in any loan, the lender does not care who you are. They make $$$ when loans are made. There is zero advantage to the realtor to turn loans down or slow down the process.

    But, once again, if anyone of color has any sort of difficulty, it must be racism. Has to be. I mean, what else could it be???

  5. #380
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    42,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    It is human nature to try to close a sale as expeditiously and as cleanly as possible. That's not necessarily systemic racism.

    The article in Newsday was an excellent one. However, one point that they did not cover was……there was no examples of a black buyer working with a black realtor (or if there was, I missed). I'd be willing to bet that the black realtor gave the same info that the white realtors did re: crime, schools, prop values etc.

    I just bought a house and it was a 4-5 month process. Very tedious and time consuming process. In one of our conversations my realtor told me that some client was interested in an $800K home on a lake with a boathouse that the realtor knew they guy would have difficulty securing a loan even though he had plenty of $$$$ and was putting down 25%. Realtor hated dealing with the guy. Two loans fell thru like they knew it would and weeks worth of time was wasted. These scenarios are on realtors minds as they move thru their deals. It is not as cut and dry as people think.

    Keep in mind that in any loan, the lender does not care who you are. They make $$$ when loans are made. There is zero advantage to the realtor to turn loans down or slow down the process.

    But, once again, if anyone of color has any sort of difficulty, it must be racism. Has to be. I mean, what else could it be???
    And what about those black homeowners who were quoted hundreds thousands less on the value of their home than when they had white friends pretend to own the home? I’m sure that’s coincidence right???

    And actually there are studies on racial discrimination in housing and home loans. They’ve found there is discrimination even when accounting for socio economic factors.

    https://revealnews.org/article/for-p...homeownership/
    Last edited by valade16; 07-26-2021 at 05:43 PM.

  6. #381
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Too bad, so sad.

    Bummer.

    It is what it is.

    Sometimes it just be's that way.
    Sluggo you should apply this thought process before posting your own complaints on a regular basis. It fits really well as a response to multiple recent posts from you in this thread even.

  7. #382
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    60,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    It is human nature to try to close a sale as expeditiously and as cleanly as possible. That's not necessarily systemic racism.

    The article in Newsday was an excellent one. However, one point that they did not cover was……there was no examples of a black buyer working with a black realtor (or if there was, I missed). I'd be willing to bet that the black realtor gave the same info that the white realtors did re: crime, schools, prop values etc.

    I just bought a house and it was a 4-5 month process. Very tedious and time consuming process. In one of our conversations my realtor told me that some client was interested in an $800K home on a lake with a boathouse that the realtor knew they guy would have difficulty securing a loan even though he had plenty of $$$$ and was putting down 25%. Realtor hated dealing with the guy. Two loans fell thru like they knew it would and weeks worth of time was wasted. These scenarios are on realtors minds as they move thru their deals. It is not as cut and dry as people think.

    Keep in mind that in any loan, the lender does not care who you are. They make $$$ when loans are made. There is zero advantage to the realtor to turn loans down or slow down the process.

    But, once again, if anyone of color has any sort of difficulty, it must be racism. Has to be. I mean, what else could it be???
    Are you under the impression that the point of fair housing laws are to make sure deals close as quickly as possible?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  8. #383
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,215
    Imagine being upset at changing Cleveland's name when it's not even their original name.

  9. #384
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    6,573
    I would have preferred seeing them call themselves the Blues again, although St Louis has a hockey team by that name. The Spiders would have been fine with me as well. It would have been nice to see them honor the Black Leagues franchise by calling themselves the Buckeyes again.

  10. #385
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    100,560
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Imagine being upset at changing Cleveland's name when it's not even their original name.
    I especially can't see getting upset over changing the name from a complete misrepresentative name. Native Americans aren't Indians no matter how much people call them such.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  11. #386
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    38,961
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    He isn't controversial but many of the ideas he stood for are 100% controversial. I mean hell if he and his ideas were so uncontroversial, then why don't we have the full protection of the Voting Right Act anymore? Just in the last 15 years it has gone from entirely uncontroversial in 2006 to unacceptable by one party today. It was reauthorized in 2006 by a vote of 98-0 in the Senate. Now we have one party that is taking advantage of it's weakening to pass the very kinds of laws that Dr. King and other activists fought against.
    So, it turns out that the state department of education already requires that the civil rights movement, the speech, and the evils of the KKK are part of the curriculum so neither the house bill nor the senate bill have any effect on education in the state of Texas. All the Senate bill did was remove the requirement from law (that was not yet active) and leave it to the department of education to set the requirements of the curriculum.

  12. #387
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    60,897
    Do you believe they trying to elevate a song to heights of Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believing”?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  13. #388
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    100,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    So, it turns out that the state department of education already requires that the civil rights movement, the speech, and the evils of the KKK are part of the curriculum so neither the house bill nor the senate bill have any effect on education in the state of Texas. All the Senate bill did was remove the requirement from law (that was not yet active) and leave it to the department of education to set the requirements of the curriculum.
    The bill removes the section you said about the KKK.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  14. #389
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    100,560
    They asked him to take a picture with his wife down…this whole thing is ridiculous. People have way too much say in our schools.


  15. #390
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    42,302

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •