Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Did I say that? I did not. Please read only what I write, not what you want it to say.
    Well it certainly sounds like a comparison to me. In a thread about a public official calling another elected public official a "house ******", you brought up rappers using the words in their lyrics. I've never heard a white rapper call a black person a ****** in a song. Have you?

The two aren't comparable so you can stop bringing up unrelated, hypothetical scenarios.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Bolded………I never said that.

It is racism.
    It is clearly racism.
    It is definitely racism.
    It is absolutely racism.
    It is positively racism.
    There is no doubt in my mind that it is racism.
    No one could say that this is not racism.
    You would have to be an idiot to say that this is not racism.
    It is racism.
    It is racism.
    It is racism.
    It is racism.
    It is racism.
    It is racism.

Have I made myself clearr on this????

They just need to get rid of this *** as quickly as possible. Tomorrow, Today, By lunchtime (or by suppertime).

Throwing in "systemic racism" will just slow it down. it will keep him around during the "investigation" and the "looking into" process.

He clearly embarrassed the Board and the community (himself, his family, his church)……just get rid of the guy.

Get rid of the guy before Big Al gets down there with signs and placards and speeches and meetings and cameras and marches. Is that what you want???

Dump the guy.
    It's racism but don't play the racism card. You sure are a hoot

I am? Nice accusation, counsellor. Another that would be thrown out in court.
    When did I say I defended this guy? It is just another of your attempts to smear me with disinformation. You have done that quite a bit.
    It is not up to me to defend this guy (I do not) or condemn him. I was the mayor of my town for 4 years and had one of my councilmembers made a statement of this nature, I would have called for an immediate vote to censure them and remove them from their position.
    Stop assuming that I am what you want me to be. You have absolutely no idea what I believe on any subject.
    For your edification, "counsellor", read the bolded section again and tell me that I am defending the councilman or making light of what he said.
    It appears that you continue to want affirmation as opposed to a discussion on any subject. When an affirmation is offered, as is the case here, you continue to assume that others have the faults that you want them to.

What did I just say about a councilman saying something of this nature during my administration as mayor of my town? Please at least read what I write prior to projecting your own faults and insecurities on others. You have a horrible problem not reading, even some of the links you post.
    I did read, particularly when you asked if a rapper using the N-word is racist in response to me asking if this is racist. I’m still trying to figure out why. The only thing I’m trying to project is incredulity at you bringing that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Well it certainly sounds like a comparison to me. In a thread about a public official calling another elected public official a "house ******", you brought up rappers using the words in their lyrics. I've never heard a white rapper call a black person a ****** in a song. Have you?

The two aren't comparable so you can stop bringing up unrelated, hypothetical scenarios.

You are right. Politicians and rappers are not comparable. When racist things are said, it is racism, regardless of the source. Rappers are excused from making racist statements for what reason? I don't listen to rap very often and could not name a white rapper if I had to. There is no excuse for an elected official to be allowed to make a statement of this nature without some sort of penalty.
    Is this good enough for you? If not, perhaps it is you that has the problem, not me.

For your edification, "counsellor", read the bolded section again and tell me that I am defending the councilman or making light of what he said.
    It appears that you continue to want affirmation as opposed to a discussion on any subject. When an affirmation is offered, as is the case here, you continue to assume that others have the faults that you want them to.
    This affirmation was offered AFTER you brought up rappers using the n-word. Why not just say the Bolded from the beginning?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I did read, particularly when you asked if a rapper using the N-word is racist in response to me asking if this is racist. I’m still trying to figure out why. The only thing I’m trying to project is incredulity at you bringing that up.
    Look, rappers are given a "pass" for their racist, sexist, violent lyrics. They are "entertainers", not role models. If a public official makes statements of this nature, they should be removed from their positions.
    Again, is that good enough for you? Stop trying to justify your own issues by attempting to project them onto others.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    This affirmation was offered AFTER you brought up rappers using the n-word. Why not just say the Bolded from the beginning?
    I did say it. You obviously didn't read it as it is not what you want to believe about me. You appear to believe that I am a racist, evil anti-vaxxer that wants to kill grandma. I am none of those things.

Just get rid of him as quickly and as easily as possible. Why prolong it??? Why complicate it???

What is it you are not getting????

I would think the mayor of the community would want this guy to leave the council. The mayor should consult with the city attorney to determine the next course of action. There is a legal avenue to remove the councilman. The council can vote to remove him if the mayor calls for a vote. A special election would have to be called and he could run again. If the voters vote to return him to the council, there is not much that can be done.
    Here is what I initially said on the subject. If you didn't read it when I wrote it, that is not my problem. It is yours, yet again.

You are right. Politicians and rappers are not comparable. When racist things are said, it is racism, regardless of the source. Rappers are excused from making racist statements for what reason? I don't listen to rap very often and could not name a white rapper if I had to. There is no excuse for an elected official to be allowed to make a statement of this nature without some sort of penalty.
    Is this good enough for you? If not, perhaps it is you that has the problem, not me.
    White rappers are much smarter than white politicians. Because white rappers don't use the n-word. It's very simple. Are you white --> don't say the n-word. The flow chat doesn't deviate or have a million complex breakdowns. There's one...it's not that ****ing hard.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Racism is supposed to be swept under rug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Racism is supposed to be swept under rug

The guy will lose his job (and good riddance) for using the N word, he will be branded as a racist. What, in your mind, is getting swept under the rug???

If you start the whole systemic racism crap this will become a huge event necessarily and he will be around a lot longer.

What does bringing up systemic racism accomplish??? People will start looking for and finding examples systemic racism when there is none since this moron is most likely an outlier and the vast majority of people are pretty much even keeled in this area. The end result is that ypou will be creating hostility when none exists to start with.

Whay does everything have to become a cause???

The guy will lose his job (and good riddance) for using the N word, he will be branded as a racist. What, in your mind, is getting swept under the rug???

If you start the whole systemic racism crap this will become a huge event necessarily and he will be around a lot longer.

What does bringing up systemic racism accomplish??? People will start looking for and finding examples systemic racism when there is none since this moron is most likely an outlier and the vast majority of people are pretty much even keeled in this area. The end result is that ypou will be creating hostility when none exists to start with.

Whay does everything have to become a cause???
    He might lose his job, but so far he's not resigning. So someone is going to have to force him out of office.

As to what bringing up systemic racism accomplishes...it accomplishes everything. Do you honestly believe that this man who has this hate in his heart doesn't bring that into crafting legislation? He goes around calling people the n-word in only his personal capacity. But in his professional one he seeks to craft legislation that doesn't harm black people?
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

15. 07-22-2021, 08:03 PM
    Reason
    Not needed

16. 07-23-2021, 09:26 AM
    Reason
    Not needed

So whenI clearly state that this jerk is a racist and a complete jerk……that's not enough for you.

Some people like to open old wounds……but not you. You like to create new wounds that may not even exist be pouring fuel on the "systemic racism" concept. And then go back the next day and just make those wounds larger.

I'll go out on a limb here and bet you're in support of Critical Race Theory also. You know……those teachings that make six year olds feel bad about themselves even when they were perfectly happy. Can't have that. Always good yo know that as long as we have thinkers like you around we will always have race issues………never let them die. And never improve ourselves.
    If they would just keep quite, try to fit in, and be grateful for what OUR country provides THEM

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast