Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    For your edification, "counsellor", read the bolded section again and tell me that I am defending the councilman or making light of what he said.
    It appears that you continue to want affirmation as opposed to a discussion on any subject. When an affirmation is offered, as is the case here, you continue to assume that others have the faults that you want them to.
    You replied to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    If they would just keep quite, try to fit in, and be grateful for what OUR country provides THEM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think that there are over 330,000,000 people nestled in between the Atlantic and Pacific, in between Canada and Mexico (and toss in that paradise in the Pacific, and that icebox up north attached to Canada) that should ALL be doing this.

But that's just me.

And apparently not you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    So whenI clearly state that this jerk is a racist and a complete jerk……that's not enough for you.

Some people like to open old wounds……but not you. You like to create new wounds that may not even exist be pouring fuel on the "systemic racism" concept. And then go back the next day and just make those wounds larger.

I'll go out on a limb here and bet you're in support of Critical Race Theory also. You know……those teachings that make six year olds feel bad about themselves even when they were perfectly happy. Can't have that. Always good yo know that as long as we have thinkers like you around we will always have race issues………never let them die. And never improve ourselves.
    Simply stating this guy is racist and even kicking him off the council doesn't fix any real problems.

Also I see you talking about Critical Race Theory and how it is taught to six year olds. See that's an example of "show me you don't understand critical race theory without telling me you don't understand it". Because it is a legal principle almost exclusively taught to law school students. Now answer me this...are there any law school students you are aware of that are six years old? Because I'm not aware of any.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Simply stating this guy is racist and even kicking him off the council doesn't fix any real problems.

Also I see you talking about Critical Race Theory and how it is taught to six year olds. See that's an example of "show me you don't understand critical race theory without telling me you don't understand it". Because it is a legal principle almost exclusively taught to law school students. Now answer me this...are there any law school students you are aware of that are six years old? Because I'm not aware of any.
    Bold 1……yeah, it does. it gets rid of an idiot and give the group an opportunity to move on.

Complete 2nd Para……it is being taught. There are indications all over the country that it is being taught. What do you think all these parents are rising up against??? You can call it what ever you want. Sugar coat it in any way you like but CRT and the thought process behind it is being taught to kids at all ages.

And you know this is true. You want to shroud it in some high brow description……great. I've read the Wiki description just like all the other parents have. CRT emphasizes racial divide and racial divide is being taught in our schools at all levels and most people are against it.

Or as Michelle Leete said "Let Them Die." Here's a flash for you………they are not going to just die.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    You replied to yourself.
    Actually no, I was simply pointing something out that had been missed in a rushed attempt to be offended.
    It appears that some people are in such a hurry to take offense and make points (or attempt to) that they don't actually read what is written. They simply form an opinion and ignore anything that doesn't fit their narrative.
    Last edited by catman; 07-23-2021 at 11:24 AM.

I think that there are over 330,000,000 people nestled in between the Atlantic and Pacific, in between Canada and Mexico (and toss in that paradise in the Pacific, and that icebox up north attached to Canada) that should ALL be doing this.

But that's just me.

And apparently not you.
    You whine but it’s ok bc you are not them

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

You whine but it’s ok bc you are not them

Whine??? No not really. I think life is pretty good. It's worth living.

My only complaint is listening to all these others whine when they have more than virtually 90% of the rest of the planet. If they would just shut up and join the party everything would be just ducky. Like I've said ad infinitum (that means a lot)………everyone is welcome at the table. Just don't ask everyone else to change the furniture. Come on in.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Actually no, I was simply pointing something out that had been missed in a rushed attempt to be offended.
    It appears that some people are in such a hurry to take offense and make points (or attempt to) that they don't actually read what is written. They simply form an opinion and ignore anything that doesn't fit their narrative.
    You literally quoted yourself and nobody else. You can quote multiple posts to make it clearer.

Does Systemic Racism Exist Today in America?

Whine??? No not really. I think life is pretty good. It's worth living.

My only complaint is listening to all these others whine when they have more than virtually 90% of the rest of the planet. If they would just shut up and join the party everything would be just ducky. Like I've said ad infinitum (that means a lot)………everyone is welcome at the table. Just don't ask everyone else to change the furniture. Come on in.
    Yep they should keep quite so you don’t even notice them otherwise you’ll drive them to the airport

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Bold 1……yeah, it does. it gets rid of an idiot and give the group an opportunity to move on.

Complete 2nd Para……it is being taught. There are indications all over the country that it is being taught. What do you think all these parents are rising up against??? You can call it what ever you want. Sugar coat it in any way you like but CRT and the thought process behind it is being taught to kids at all ages.

And you know this is true. You want to shroud it in some high brow description……great. I've read the Wiki description just like all the other parents have. CRT emphasizes racial divide and racial divide is being taught in our schools at all levels and most people are against it.

Or as Michelle Leete said "Let Them Die." Here's a flash for you………they are not going to just die.
    Where is it being taught? Please provide a specific example. A school district? A state? A university or group of universities?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    You literally quoted yourself and nobody else. You can quote multiple posts to make it clearer.
    True. Thank you for the information. I do believe, however, I got my point across. Discussions with some on these boards is like talking to a mad cat. All it does is get the cat madder and you get nowhere.

Yep they should keep quite so you don’t even notice them otherwise you’ll drive them to the airport

Two things………

1. You mean "quiet" not "quite." You said that twice, thought I would help you out.

2. (And certainly more importantly)……the US is a collection of 330,000,000 people and, as a whole, we are doing pretty well. So well that anyone that can get her, will come here. If you read the news, I think that has been proven. The vast majority of the people here are doing just fine. If I were part of a large group where most of the people are doing well and I was foundering, I would try to figure out what they are doing and then emulate that behavior with the intent of joining the successful majority. it us really pretty simple.

You can have your own culture and do whatever it is you want to do. But if you want to be accepted and operate successfully within the culture that successfully supports the most prosperous country on the planet……you may want to make some adjustments and try to fit in a little better. Not a lot of adjustments. No one is asking you to forget who you are; but you do need to accept America's western valued culture.

What the US does not need is another National Anthem, another flag, another Independence Day yada, yada, yada. We already have that and the vast majority of our citizens love those things as they are currently in place. They are sacred and endearing to us. We don't need Olympians insulting our flag or showing disdain for representing the US. If you want to go against the fabric of what made this country great …… feel free, but just understand the total lack of acceptance that comes with those actions and please stop complaining about what you receive in return.

And there are always airports nearby.

Where is it being taught? Please provide a specific example. A school district? A state? A university or group of universities?
    Have I personally heard it??? No.

Parents are complaining about it all the time. They're relatoing what their kids tell them when they come home from school. I've read curricula information sent home to parents from some of the upscale schools in Manhattan.

You know this crap is out there. You just like to split hairs because it doesn't exactly fit your laboratory definition.

All these parents must just be lying. So then what was Michelle Leete screaming about???

Now this is the point where you come back and tell us all how teaching about white supremacy has nothing to do with CRT,

Have I personally heard it??? No.

Parents are complaining about it all the time. They're relatoing what their kids tell them when they come home from school. I've read curricula information sent home to parents from some of the upscale schools in Manhattan.

You know this crap is out there. You just like to split hairs because it doesn't exactly fit your laboratory definition.

All these parents must just be lying. So then what was Michelle Leete screaming about???

Now this is the point where you come back and tell us all how teaching about white supremacy has nothing to do with CRT,
    Ok so people are complaining. That means it’s all over the place. Got it…

The fact of the matter is that American history has a strong tinge of racism. And in order to reach it properly, race must be mentioned and explained how it impacted our development as a nation. And that is going to make some people uncomfortable. That’s unfortunate but factual.

Ok so people are complaining. That means it’s all over the place. Got it…

The fact of the matter is that American history has a strong tinge of racism. And in order to reach it properly, race must be mentioned and explained how it impacted our development as a nation. And that is going to make some people uncomfortable. That’s unfortunate but factual.
    And I agree with everything you said.

However, what we positively do not need is the blame game that we are laying in today's kids. We don't need kids sitting in school feeling like the oppressors and oppressed.

Teach the dark eras of our history. These topics need to be discussed and understood. But also lay the groundwork to move on successfully and peacefully. They way they are doing it now is flat out wrong.

e.g.……just heard today that the Cleveland Indians will, after over 100 years, no longer be called the Indians. Thinking like this is plain stupid and lays guilt where none should exist at all. Last week the NFL announced they will be playing the black national anthem. (Gee, what could go wrong there if whites refuse to stand and/or throw comments [and this will happen]) Everything that is being done currently is more divisive and will not bring us closer together.

It is amazing that people cannot see this.

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast