Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Duncan Keith on the move?

https://twitter.com/friedgehnic/stat...849267720?s=21

Sounds like one of the main core guys is likely out in Chicago?

2016 World Series Champions!!!

I hope they don't move him. He's a guy who should retire here.

I mean it makes sense that 19 and 88 are the last men standing from that core. It still sucks to see the other group of legends leave. 81, 7, 2, and 50 deserve all the praise in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This would suck. Itís hard enough watching the rest of the dynasty core breaking up over the years. Kane toews and Keith are the tops of that.

As much as I would like to see Duncan finish as a Blackhawk, the move does make sense for both sides. It's really doing Duncan a favor to get him close to his family as he wraps up his career. It will be weird seeing him elsewhere, but given the reasons why I'm good with the deal.

Even though the emotion behind a deal might be touch theoretically it also helps the Hawks because it not only clears up a protection slot for the expansion draft, but clears them money for a potential pursuit of Hamilton or Jones. In fact, it sounds like there is a bit of smoke with Edmonton and a deal for Caleb Jones, brother of Seth. Should be interesting to monitor.

Can't help but think Keith would look a lot better on a different team. Colliton's defense system doesn't really fit him and seems pretty bad.

Looks like itís close, if not done.

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/...600845313?s=21

Reports seem official now. Keith to CHI for Caleb Jones and a third. No salary retained. That's a great move on the Hawks part. It sucks to see Duncan go, but for a Blackhawks standpoint I don't think they could have done any better. Jones and no salary would have been a solid deal, but the additional pick was a nice add.

Not only do they get Jones, free salary, and a third, but also an extra protection slot for the expansion draft. Side note as well if they're in on Seth Jones they certainly became a more compelling spot for him as well.
    Last edited by IRNMN; 07-12-2021 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    Reports seem official now. Keith to CHI for Caleb Jones and a third. No salary retained. That's a great move on the Hawks part. It sucks to see Duncan go, but for a Blackhawks standpoint I don't think they could have done any better. Jones and no salary would have been a solid deal, but the additional pick was a nice add.

Not only do they get Jones, free salary, and a third, but also an extra protection slot for the expansion draft. Side note as well if they're in on Seth Jones they certainly became a more compelling spot for him as well.
    Keith requested a trade to be closer to his family, and he said he hadnít seen his son in almost 2 years.

After everything heís done for us, I donít hold any resentment to him for making a decision like this.

As for the actual deal, taking on no salary was a great move for us. Clears even more salary and could help us bring in some good talent now with that extra cap space

Roto:

According to several reports, Edmonton and Chicago are closing in a trade involving Duncan Keith.
    Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman is reporting that it may take some time, but plenty of progress was made over the weekend. The two sides are making progress towards the completion of a deal, per TSN's Darren Dreger. The process is moving along, but nothing has been finalized yet. Frank Seravalli of Daily Faceoff is reporting that the deal, pending a trade call, will send Caleb Jones and a mid-round pick (3rd or 4th round) to the Blackhawks. Keith still has two more seasons remaining on a 13-year, $72 million contract. The 37-year-old blueliner had four goals and 15 points in 54 games last season.
    Sucks to see him go, but sounds like a fantastic trade for CHI.

It does suck to see him go. He will go down as one of the all time great Hawks. That said, they made out really well in this trade. A player, a pick, and no salary retained is a steal.