Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Yet I've never once defended you...

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    I didn't say they didn't protect is rights.

It is not inherently unfair. Charges, much like courts, are not the only way we determine facts.
    Well, you have to PROVE an allegation, and that's significantly harder in these he said she said type of scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Well, you have to PROVE an allegation, and that's significantly harder in these he said she said type of scenarios.
    And you don't seem to understand that "he didn't do it and should keep is job" is still jumping to a conclusion.

"The thing we may have to accept is that red states really like this pandemic and want to keep it.”" - @LOLGOP

Until proven guilty? How much do we have to tell you that in cases of domestic violence or sexual abuse, the accuser is almost always correct yet justice will almost always not prevail?

The likelihood is Bauer is guilty, and will never get jailed for it.

But sure, let's see what happens.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Trevor Bauer under investigation?

Wrong thread I’m a idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And you don't seem to understand that "he didn't do it and should keep is job" is still jumping to a conclusion.
    Well, considering your innocent until proven guilty, and how hard it is to disprove a negative, NOT assuming the worst in others and punishing them for things we haven't proven they've done IS the safe solution.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Until proven guilty? How much do we have to tell you that in cases of domestic violence or sexual abuse, the accuser is almost always correct yet justice will almost always not prevail?

The likelihood is Bauer is guilty, and will never get jailed for it.

But sure, let's see what happens.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Are the stats of the general population's guilt consistent with those of the rich and famous. Is there a greater incentive for someone to lie about a millionaire celebrity than to lie about a gas station adendent? And if there is a greater incentive should we be more hesitant in rushing to the conclusion of guilt?

Well, considering your innocent until proven guilty, and how hard it is to disprove a negative, NOT assuming the worst in others and punishing them for things we haven't proven they've done IS the safe solution.
    You're innocent until proven guilty in the justice system. People that use that phrase always like that leave that part out. No one else has to hold to that standard.

"The thing we may have to accept is that red states really like this pandemic and want to keep it.”" - @LOLGOP

You're innocent until proven guilty in the justice system. People that use that phrase always like that leave that part out. No one else has to hold to that standard.
    That's cause people don't understand that unacceptable personal conduct can be grounds for termination or suspension from a job. Like its been mentioned in this thread already, exceeding burden of proof is for the criminal justice system or in relation to civil matters. Occupations can have a different set of rules. Allegations of a serious criminal act can have broad ranging effects on the employer, especially if they decide to continue on like nothing has happened.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-22-2021 at 12:48 AM.

What in the Salem Massachusetts kind of logic is that?

If your going to fired or fined you should stl be proven guilty. Unless your policy is companies should fire people and then if the person proves their innocent later (somehow) they can have their job back. I sure as hell hope you never get held to that standard.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    That's cause people don't understand that unacceptable personal conduct can be grounds for termination or suspension from a job. Like its been mentioned in this thread already, exceeding burden of proof is for the criminal justice system or in relation to civil matters. Occupations can have a different set of rules. Allegations of a serious criminal act can have broad ranging effects on the employer, especially if they decide to continue on like nothing has happened.
    But shouldn't it be necessary to show unacceptable personal conduct occurred? Otherwise your punishing people for rumors.

If I said to you an employee of yours is a member of the KKK would you fire that person? Would you expect me to back that claim up before you fired them?

But shouldn't it be necessary to show unacceptable personal conduct occurred? Otherwise your punishing people for rumors.

If I said to you an employee of yours is a member of the KKK would you fire that person? Would you expect me to back that claim up before you fired them?
    If you're accused of a crime, that can be conveyed as unacceptable personal conduct. Those can be grounds for suspension or termination. As its been said, your job is not a court of law. They have their own rules and regulations. Not to mention, they don't want to presented in a fashion where their employees cause them negative press and they take zero action as well. You might not be in love with the concept but that's a reality. We've seen plenty of occupations where a DUI or a domestic abuse incident (or other accusations of a crime) have led to termination or suspension even before there is a civil or criminal trial. There's precedent there. Its not just MLB or the Dodgers who are singling Bauer out in relation to how other professions handle poor personal conduct by their employees.

The fact is nothing has really happened to Bauer yet. The Dodgers didn't release him from his contract. MLB didn't suspend him without pay either. He's been put on administrative leave as multiple entities investigate his involvement in this matter.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-22-2021 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    If you're accused of a crime, that can be conveyed as unacceptable personal conduct. Those can be grounds for suspension or termination. As its been said, your job is not a court of law. They have their own rules and regulations. Not to mention, they don't want to presented in a fashion where their employees cause them negative press and they take zero action as well. You might not be in love with the concept but that's a reality. We've seen plenty of occupations where a DUI or a domestic abuse incident (or other accusations of a crime) have led to termination or suspension even before there is a civil or criminal trial. There's precedent there. Its not just MLB or the Dodgers who are singling Bauer out in relation to how other professions handle poor personal conduct by their employees.

The fact is nothing has really happened to Bauer yet. The Dodgers didn't release him from his contract. MLB didn't suspend him without pay either. He's been put on administrative leave as multiple entities investigate his involvement in this matter.
    To add on to an already very good post, I’ll say that some employers simply ask if you’ve been arrested, which isn’t the same as being found guilty of a crime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

But shouldn't it be necessary to show unacceptable personal conduct occurred?
    You mean like admitting while on the phone, unknowingly, with the police that you started punching her after she was unconscious?

Per The Athletic:
    Bauer admitted to punching her in the buttocks repeatedly, but when she said that she did not consent to that and did not consider it a “free-for-all,” Bauer then tried to change the conversation.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast