Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    ^^ based on page 2 of my psd Feed not based on future posts

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    That’s asinine. Wiggins is a very solid offensive player and above average on defense. No way dubs mortgage their future and present on an unproven Ingram. He’s no young Paul George. This would be a legitimate “taking Advantage of” of the Warriors hell no lol

Warrirors will stand pay before “that”
    I wouldn’t make that trade, either.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    1 lottery pick. 14 is not a lottery pick bro. And this draft class is the definition of top heavy.
    14 is the last lottery pick. Look up the lottery results and it will include 14.

Typical drafts have 1 or 2 people a long way from the next group down, this draft has 4-6, and the drop to the next group isn't huge, but more than that there are enough quality prospects in this draft that players who would have been 1st round picks the last few years will end up going in the 2nd round.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    14 is the last lottery pick. Look up the lottery results and it will include 14.

Typical drafts have 1 or 2 people a long way from the next group down, this draft has 4-6, and the drop to the next group isn't huge, but more than that there are enough quality prospects in this draft that players who would have been 1st round picks the last few years will end up going in the 2nd round.

The drop after 4 is pretty significant. I like guys like Barnes and Kuminga but I don’t see them as guys that can be corner stones. But hey there’s always surprises.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 07-07-2021 at 12:29 PM.

The issue is the Warriors only have the TPMLE and vet minimums. If TJ would take it I would be happy.
    ahh I gotchu. I still think at least one of them could be had. I know its a weak FA class but I think its a reasonable amount KO or TJ

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    The drop after 4 is pretty significant. I like guys like Barnes and Kuminga but I don’t see them as guys that can be corner stones. But hey there’s always surprises.
    There is a drop, but 4 at the top is more than usual ... the typical draft has around 10 guys with a 1st round grade this draft it's more than 20

There is a drop, but 4 at the top is more than usual ... the typical draft has around 10 guys with a 1st round grade this draft it's more than 20
    youre right, it has the potential to be comparable to the 2018 draft which had a lot of gems in it. But I think the first 4 in this draft are as close as it gets to being a sure thing.

A change I believe that could help the NBA, players & teams would be to allow teams to S/T their own players beginning 2 days before the draft as long as a pick from that draft is involved.

GS is a perfect example. They're open to moving their picks (7 & 14) but they're over the cap so they have to take back close to matching salary. They really don't have expendable salary that wouldn't just add to an already good package.

Wiseman? Hard enough to get equal value for him alone with his $10M salary. Draymond? GS wouldn't be GS without DG. Wiggins? He isn't the scrub some make him out to be. Him alone holds value, adding lottery picks to him and we're talking bonafied ALL-NBA type of player IMO. But GS needs one with size.

But now what if they could S/T Oubre (around $15M per) along with the #7 or 14. That opens up alot of wheeling and dealing before the draft. Also lets teams know where their own FAs stand with them before the actual FA begins.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    A change I believe that could help the NBA, players & teams would be to allow teams to S/T their own players beginning 2 days before the draft as long as a pick from that draft is involved.

GS is a perfect example. They're open to moving their picks (7 & 14) but they're over the cap so they have to take back close to matching salary. They really don't have expendable salary that wouldn't just add to an already good package.

Wiseman? Hard enough to get equal value for him alone with his $10M salary. Draymond? GS wouldn't be GS without DG. Wiggins? He isn't the scrub some make him out to be. Him alone holds value, adding lottery picks to him and we're talking bonafied ALL-NBA type of player IMO. But GS needs one with size.

But now what if they could S/T Oubre (around $15M per) along with the #7 or 14. That opens up alot of wheeling and dealing before the draft. Also lets teams know where their own FAs stand with them before the actual FA begins.
    All this stuff would be easier with a hard cap and no exceptions. But I suspect the best run teams would still rise to the top.

S&T of Oubre has a big issue in that the Warriors can't trade him to a team with cap space for him without including a pick just to get a TPE back and that's probably not worth it, and there probably isn't a player out there under contract that the Warriors can trade Oubre for that is worth the money he will cost (HUGE HUGE money under the repeater tax).

The best solution for the Warriors may be signing Oubre and keeping him for the first part of the year when Klay is recovering and just make sure he's off the roster before the end of the year and they can dodge the tax bill. But it's VERY unlikely since Oubre thinks the Warriors screwed him last year and he demonstrated that he's not a high BBIQ player.

All this adds up to is that the Warriors are unlikely to move Wiseman, 7 or 14 because they likely can't get much value in return.

the warriors cap situation is just so precarious and difficult to navigate that i'm guessing they keep the pick. never know though

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    the warriors cap situation is just so precarious and difficult to navigate that i'm guessing they keep the pick. never know though
    I wouldn't say precarious, it's certainly obscene though.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789