Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 131
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    66,595

    Rumor: GSW eyeing Wiseman+7 packages

    https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/stat...186333703?s=20

    The Athletic
    @TheAthletic

    2h
    There is a widespread expectation that the Warriors will use the No. 7 pick and James Wiseman to immediately upgrade the roster,
    @johnhollinger
    writes.

    One name to watch: Pascal Siakam.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Depending on player, I would have assume #14 is in play with those packages.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    60,946
    Jordon Pool plus the 7 for Simmons and the 28


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    66,595
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Depending on player, I would have assume #14 is in play with those packages.
    I know not everyone has access to The Athletic, but it says that their coveted guy is Pascal Siakam.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,163
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I know not everyone has access to The Athletic, but it says that their coveted guy is Pascal Siakam.
    Yup. And we would want 7&14 Wiseman & Poole

    Might even have to S&T Oubre jr for salaries to come close to matching. Siakam is 30+ million, wiseman is only at $10, and I dont think the Warriors can absorb 20 + million in salary

    Toronto has expressed 0 interest in moving Siakam so they would have to put a package together that would intrigue Masai

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    79,657
    I've seen people try to float out there Wiseman+#7, #14 for #1. To that I say a big NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thank you.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,023
    I don't think any of this talk is real. The Warriors tend to be pretty good at not letting any rumors out.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I don't think any of this talk is real. The Warriors tend to be pretty good at not letting any rumors out.
    I agree its just bs cause if GS really wanted this guy, they could have gotten him for their 2nd overall pick during last off season. Just draft Mitchell with the 7th overall pick and theywill contend for a ship with Wiseman in the near future! Don't pass up the next Donovan.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    16,546
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Yup. And we would want 7&14 Wiseman & Poole

    Might even have to S&T Oubre jr for salaries to come close to matching. Siakam is 30+ million, wiseman is only at $10, and I dont think the Warriors can absorb 20 + million in salary

    Toronto has expressed 0 interest in moving Siakam so they would have to put a package together that would intrigue Masai
    Zero chance wed offer that that much.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    16,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I don't think any of this talk is real. The Warriors tend to be pretty good at not letting any rumors out.
    Its all BS. Im sure theyre open to moving him for the right package but with cap constraints that would have to include Wiggins. Now youre looking at Wiggins and Wiseman and likely a pick. The org is still really high on Wisemans potential too. This only happens if the player is a massive upgrade / special talent.

    Oubre may play ball on a sign and trade but if thats the case its likely us taking back smaller contracts that we can move with 14 to get a legit rotation player(s).

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,163
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Zero chance wed offer that that much.
    Tbh honest the only thing that interests me is the picks. Id prefer to keep Siakam if its just the 7th pick and Wiseman.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    4,194
    Siakam can stretch the floor and attack the basket. He can also defend. Make free throws. Most importantly he has championship pedigree. I feel like hes a perfect big man to play in a death lineup.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    Siakam can stretch the floor and attack the basket. He can also defend. Make free throws. Most importantly he has championship pedigree. I feel like hes a perfect big man to play in a death lineup.
    Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Siakam, Green is a good death lineup sure, but Green can't play 5 all the time, and that's 5 players all making $30M+ ... Wiggins, Siakam, and Green can all slide up a position, but you run out of minutes pretty quickly.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,023
    If the Warriors can turn their assets into a "star" they'll do it and pay the huge tax bill. The new arena is going to get crowds and it's THE prime concert venue in SF now and it will be packed probably every night, so the Warriors are going to get a lot of cash. But if they do make a move they HAVE to win a title. I just don't see a move out there that is at all likely.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I don't think any of this talk is real. The Warriors tend to be pretty good at not letting any rumors out.
    There were rumors about them using the trade exception on Oubre last yr a couple days before it happened.

    But this trade seems off. I dont see either team excited about making this deal..... and salary cap makes it hard unless the warriors send like 4 guys to the raptors... Siakam isnt THAT good.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •