Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What do the Cubs do for the Trade Deadline?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buy, buy, buy! Get help and win another division crown

0 0%
  • Sell, sell, sell! Firesale and get prospects to build the 2023 or 2024 Cubs

10 100.00%
Page 2 of 209 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Theo said after the 2018 season that the offense was broken. Why didn't they ever fix it, or try to fix it? They should have traded Bryant and Baez etc after 2019. Would have gotten more for them than now, and could have avoided 2 seasons of garbage.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Theo/Hoyer are bad poker players. You gotta know when to hold em, know when to hold em.

Gonna miss these guys when their all on different teams in August. The KB-Baez-Rizzo era was extremely fun.

Is it realistic to think that maybe if you offered Kimbrel and Bryant in a package deal you could maybe snag a guy like Brett Baty from the Mets?

I was holding out hope, but it is time to sell. The only one I would have a really hard time letting go is Rizzo. All he does off the field as well as on, just an all around standup guy.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    I was holding out hope, but it is time to sell. The only one I would have a really hard time letting go is Rizzo. All he does off the field as well as on, just an all around standup guy.
    I get it but he canít stay on the field so it really doesnít matter. Iíd like to win. Not watch this **** show

2021 MLB Season FA/Trade Deadline Thread

The Rays make a ton of sense for Bryant and Kimbrel . Donít know how much of an issue Kimbrels option would be for TB though . They have some good arms with Baz / Ryan . Donít think the they would trade Brujan but they also have Josh Lowe .

I donít know what to think about Lowe though . Having a nice season in AAA but a high babip and striking out almost 26 percent of time . Thoughts on Lowe ?

Bryant playing a lot of OF should open a lot more possibilities . Braves really need a LF. The obvious team for Rizzo is the Red Sox but their system sucks.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dfan25; 07-06-2021 at 02:57 PM.

Almost every team thatís in it will want Kimbrel. Heís going to be the best reliever available. Hopefully a couple teams get into a bidding war for him.

Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    Almost every team thatís in it will want Kimbrel. Heís going to be the best reliever available. Hopefully a couple teams get into a bidding war for him.
    Yeah, I think Kimbrel makes sense for every buyer and KB makes sense for most buyers. The Cubs other players will all have much more limited markets.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Yeah, I think Kimbrel makes sense for every buyer and KB makes sense for most buyers. The Cubs other players will all have much more limited markets.
    I wonder if Hoyer would move Hendricks if any contenders that could use a 3 or 4 starter gives him a call?
    Why i wonder is mostly due to the cubs not really having much depth in starting pitching to finish out the season

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    I wonder if Hoyer would move Hendricks if any contenders that could use a 3 or 4 starter gives him a call?
    Why i wonder is mostly due to the cubs not really having much depth in starting pitching to finish out the season

It would also tank your 2022 season.

If they donít plan on spending enough to be competitive in 2022 then they should probably see what offers they can get for him. If they are planning to be competitive next year then they need Hendricks.

Bud Black claims Marquez wonít be traded, so there donít seem to be good starting pitchers with team control available for a trade. Maybe Berrios, but he only has 1 year of control after this season. Hendricks might be the best controllable SP available if the Cubs shop him.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    It would also tank your 2022 season.

If they donít plan on spending enough to be competitive in 2022 then they should probably see what offers they can get for him. If they are planning to be competitive next year then they need Hendricks.

Bud Black claims Marquez wonít be traded, so there donít seem to be good starting pitchers with team control available for a trade. Maybe Berrios, but he only has 1 year of control after this season. Hendricks might be the best controllable SP available if the Cubs shop him.
    They have 45 on the book now for 2022, they move Hendricks 14, theyre down to 31 on the book and realistically Heyward 22 is the only guarenteed money on book, the others are options.. i mean, unless im looking at this cockeyed, Hoyer should have pretty darn near a blank payroll to work with this offseason ..
    He better be spending to be competitive

There comes a point where you just can't buy an entire team in a single offseason, though. If the Cubs move Hendricks and Contreras...next year can't happen. There's 29 other teams and they also will buy players.

If you get a great deal on Hendricks perhaps it needs to happen. A good enough deal, or if the Cubs don't care about 2022, trading him may become necessary or the right move. But the Cubs are already at a dangerous situation with putting together a 2022 roster. Another hole and there's a good chance it's past the point of no return for 2022.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    There comes a point where you just can't buy an entire team in a single offseason, though. If the Cubs move Hendricks and Contreras...next year can't happen. There's 29 other teams and they also will buy players.

If you get a great deal on Hendricks perhaps it needs to happen. A good enough deal, or if the Cubs don't care about 2022, trading him may become necessary or the right move. But the Cubs are already at a dangerous situation with putting together a 2022 roster. Another hole and there's a good chance it's past the point of no return for 2022.

Im not saying give Hendricks away, and i think Contreras is staying and will be extended..

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post

Right. And you probably arenít replacing Hendricks with anyone better than him for $14 million, so in addition to needing to buy an entire roster you are losing financial efficiency if you trade him.

Like you said, if they donít care about 2022 at all and they get a good offer for him then they need to think hard about trading him. If they do care about 2022 then he has to stay.

Page 2 of 209 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast