Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What do the Cubs do for the Trade Deadline?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buy, buy, buy! Get help and win another division crown

0 0%
  • Sell, sell, sell! Firesale and get prospects to build the 2023 or 2024 Cubs

11 100.00%
Page 208 of 219 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 3280
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine View Post
    in 499 career games he's put up 7.4fwar, that's a 162 average of 2.4fwar. There's no question that he's worth 6 million. There's also no either/or with Marte when they could literally be adding 100M to the payroll if they chose to.
    Agreed. I think Happ is safe from a non tender now. He’ll either be a cub or he’ll be traded, but he has more value than a non tender over $5-6 mil.

I wouldn't non-tender him simply because I wouldn't want to sell low on him. Might be similar with Heyward.
    Last edited by Stratos; 09-08-2021 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huff View Post
    I go get Stroman and Gausman simply because it doesn’t cost a pick. Maybe Smyly as well if not given a QO.
    Gausman
    Stroman
    Hendricks
    Smyly
    Alzolay/Steele/Killian/Mills

Would also target Marte on a front loaded 4/64 type deal. If not him then Canha as a fallback.

I’d also look at Kyle Seager as a LH option for 3b to pair with wisdom. I think schwindel has earned at least a roster spot next year at this point.

Wonder if Arizona would move Ketel Marte with bumgarner to get out of madbums contract.

Cubs have a lot of options and will be interested to see what they do. I don’t think hoyer is keen on losing draft picks and money and will look to be creative to add short term talent. BUT he may get one of the QO guys and sacrifice the 2nd rounder hoping kantrovitz can get some scouting finds in the later rounds .
    Front loading doesn’t matter…. It’s average per year for Lux tax purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    Front loading doesn’t matter…. It’s average per year for Lux tax purpose.
    True but makes the last year or two more movable in actual money 🤷*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by chicagofan08 View Post
    He’s a good guy that would always speak highly of Chicago. However, he literally accomplished everything here, now it’s about money-I cannot blame the guy as much as I would love to have him come back.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    He’s a good guy that would always speak highly of Chicago. However, he literally accomplished everything here, now it’s about money-I cannot blame the guy as much as I would love to have him come back.
    Same. I love KB and I personally think if there is any player out there this offseason to offer a big deal too its him and Correa. Hes gonna go where the money is and where he wants to live with his family.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chicagofan08 View Post
    I think it's lip service. I certainly wouldn't expect him to say, "I'm happy to finally be out of Chicago, and have no plans on returning." Either way, I'd guess that he's washed his hands of the organization that held him back and prevented him from getting his big pay day a year earlier. He didn't file a grievance because he was happy with the Cubs

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I think it's lip service. I certainly wouldn't expect him to say, "I'm happy to finally be out of Chicago, and have no plans on returning." Either way, I'd guess that he's washed his hands of the organization that held him back and prevented him from getting his big pay day a year earlier. He didn't file a grievance because he was happy with the Cubs
    Even though I am not a fan of the Giants moving forward, I think Bryant ends up staying in SF long term.
    Screw sabermetics.

2021 MLB Season FA/Trade Deadline Thread

Dude was just crying on the field last weekend.

C’mon thawv. I know you’ve been committed to this “Kris Bryant hates the cubs and can’t wait to leave” thing for a few years now, but there’s still zero evidence that it is true. The union filed a grievance because his service time was manipulated and winning that grievance would have set a great precedent for players.

I’m sure he’d gladly come back…if the cubs are the top bidder. I just have zero expectation that they’ll be one of the teams making the best offers to KB.

It's just business. I'd assume 100% of MLB teams would have help him back too.

Why would the Cubs go through all the goodbyes and gift him things and whatnot if they were planning to later make a huge offer and bring him back? I doubt they even make an offer at all. SF would be smart to give him a fat extension ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Even though I am not a fan of the Giants moving forward, I think Bryant ends up staying in SF long term.
    I can see that, and i can see them going after Rizzo too if belt moves on to another team

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Why would the Cubs go through all the goodbyes and gift him things and whatnot if they were planning to later make a huge offer and bring him back? I doubt they even make an offer at all. SF would be smart to give him a fat extension ASAP.
    If they wanted to keep him wouldn't they also want to treat him like a king when he came back? I don't think we can read much of anything into these things. If they did nothing for him the fans would be all over the Cubs brass.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Dude was just crying on the field last weekend.

C’mon thawv. I know you’ve been committed to this “Kris Bryant hates the cubs and can’t wait to leave” thing for a few years now, but there’s still zero evidence that it is true. The union filed a grievance because his service time was manipulated and winning that grievance would have set a great precedent for players.

I’m sure he’d gladly come back…if the cubs are the top bidder. I just have zero expectation that they’ll be one of the teams making the best offers to KB.
    He appears to be a great person. Of course he's going to show emotions like that. I wouldn't expect anything less. People cry when they get emotional. He was emotional, as he should be.

He could have told the union not to file. He went ahead with it. It was for two reasons. To get to free agency a year earlier, and to pave the way for future manipulation.

I know that you and many others on here don't believe this, but KB and his father were incensed when he didn't make the OD roster in 2015. His father said that Theo lied to them. He promised that if he's ready, he will make the team. He was the best player is the system and he didn't make the team. That did not go over well with both KB, and his father.

The Cubs had zero chance of extending him after that. They just stopped talking about an extension the last several years.

I could assume that if the Cubs were the highest bidder, he would come back, but I don't think that will even work. My guess is the Cubs aren't even players in KB.