Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 70 of 262 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 3922
  1. #1036
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    17,802

  2. #1037
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    45,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I agree. Unfortunately that doesn't help people who have to deal with Barry. And it's important to note that you can be the best to ever do something AND not be an arrogant prick.
    Tell that to Jordan.

  3. #1038
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    68,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The question I'm sure all Sixers fans are asking is is the issue the team, Simmons, or is it all made up. I certainly don't know. But from what you've seen, is Simmons' shooting progressing since he was drafted or not?
    Each offseason the form looks better. I think itís 1/3 team letting him get away with not progressing, 1/3 Simmons being the issue, and 1/3 certain things are made up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #1039
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    17,802
    Philly's handling of MCW, Noel, Okafor, Fultz and now Simmons development sheds such a horrid photo of the team.

    I know people will point to others like Grant, Holmes, etc. But I find players improving after they leave the Sixers more than with them. Their accountability and transparency are easily one of the worst I've seen.

  5. #1040
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    18,203
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Not throwing under the bus.
    Yeah he did. Basically said canít win with him.

    Joel said they lost when Simmons passed the ball.

    And the title of one of them is Analyst thought it was wrong that Embiid and Doc through Ben under the bus.

    Either way if my teammate blames me for the loss and my coach says they canít win with me, then f them.

  6. #1041
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Yeah he did. Basically said canít win with him.

    Joel said they lost when Simmons passed the ball.

    And the title of one of them is Analyst thought it was wrong that Embiid and Doc through Ben under the bus.

    Either way if my teammate blames me for the loss and my coach says they canít win with me, then f them.
    It's facts though... Ben is cheeks.

  7. #1042
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    17,802
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Yeah he did. Basically said canít win with him.

    Joel said they lost when Simmons passed the ball.

    And the title of one of them is Analyst thought it was wrong that Embiid and Doc through Ben under the bus.

    Either way if my teammate blames me for the loss and my coach says they canít win with me, then f them.
    I think the question was framed as the PG. I guess he could have said "win a championship with him, but not certain what position" but I don't think it was as bad as Embiid.

  8. #1043
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,941
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    It's facts though... Ben is cheeks.

  9. #1044
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    18,203
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    It's facts though... Ben is cheeks.
    It might be, but if you say it, then itís f you

  10. #1045
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    It might be, but if you say it, then itís f you
    That's a fragile mindset, imo.

    Like if a guy is trash and people call him what he is, trash. Then why should the trash player be upset people are properly identifying what he is?

    Wouldn't the better idea be to stop being trash, so people no longer feel compelled to call him out for being trash? Or if/when people do still call him trash at least it will then be a lie and not a factual statement.

  11. #1046
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    9,293
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Yeah he did. Basically said canít win with him.

    Joel said they lost when Simmons passed the ball.

    And the title of one of them is Analyst thought it was wrong that Embiid and Doc through Ben under the bus.

    Either way if my teammate blames me for the loss and my coach says they canít win with me, then f them.
    Which is why Simmons hasn't returned any of their calls and why he has cut off communication with the organization. It is clear Simmons wants out.

  12. #1047
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,966
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Yeah he did. Basically said canít win with him.

    Joel said they lost when Simmons passed the ball.

    And the title of one of them is Analyst thought it was wrong that Embiid and Doc through Ben under the bus.

    Either way if my teammate blames me for the loss and my coach says they canít win with me, then f them.
    Doc definitely threw him under the bus
    Last edited by Scoots; 08-09-2021 at 12:28 PM.

  13. #1048
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,966
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Tell that to Jordan.
    Right, because the way to prove that being great makes you arrogant is to pick a 2nd arrogant prick.

  14. #1049
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    45,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Right, because the way to prove that being great makes you arrogant is to pick a 2nd arrogant prick.
    I could have picked Tom Brady. Or Floyd Mayweather. An unfortunate by product of being the best to do something is you tend to become arrogant, particularly in sports.

    Not saying itís asbolute, but it happens frequently. More than the other way around.

  15. #1050
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    31,652
    Simmons seems pretty pissed of with the organization. If they aren't able to move him, its going to effect their season for sure. And the fact that every one knows that Simmons wants out and has cut ties with the franchise, they're def going to low ball. Just an ugly situation at this pint.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •