Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 188 of 215 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 3218
    Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    Yeah the big thing with Ben isn't really about his three point shooting, it's his free throw shooting. The dude is legit afraid to go to the free throw line, which results in him not being aggressive attacking the rim. If he regularly got downhill and could manage a high volume of shots within 10 feet he'd be fine, but that aggression won't be there until he starts hitting his damn free throws. Right now he legit can't close playoff games.
    Not even hitting them. Just not being afraid to go to the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the big thing with Ben isn't really about his three point shooting, it's his free throw shooting. The dude is legit afraid to go to the free throw line, which results in him not being aggressive attacking the rim. If he regularly got downhill and could manage a high volume of shots within 10 feet he'd be fine, but that aggression won't be there until he starts hitting his damn free throws. Right now he legit can't close playoff games.
    Foul shots are well outside 6 feet

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Why? You asked who I thought he was comparable to impact wise. I picked a big with some ball handling skills that was also limited offensively (Odom
    Couldnt go right at all). He was really good, but not a foundational player. Thatís not bias. Thatís Lanar Odom and Ben Simmons

Why should I care that he was on the all star team? Is he better then Young or Middleton who were left off?

I meant out of the link I posted of All-Stars find another multi year selection similar to Simmons based on team impact. Who were the good comparables impact wise from that list? It's an exercise I'm trying to get you to use to try and remove any potential bias you have. Because a 3 time all-star is not likely to just be a "role player" like you've suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I meant out of the link I posted of All-Stars find another multi year selection similar to Simmons based on team impact. Who were the good comparables impact wise from that list? It's an exercise I'm trying to get you to use to try and remove any potential bias you have. Because a 3 time all-star is not likely to just be a "role player" like you've suggested.
    I would say Simmons impact is comfortably ahead of someone like Odom but behind someone like Andrei Kirilenko. I get the Odom comparison though, similar archetypes, Simmons is just way better.

I would say Simmons impact is comfortably ahead of someone like Odom but behind someone like Andrei Kirilenko. I get the Odom comparison though, similar archetypes, Simmons is just way better.
    I like the young AK47 comparison a bit more, but I would not say he is behind him. Kirilenko was made of glass and thus only made 1 all-star before he became a shell of himself. He was also never as efficient.

Still can't believe I'm defending Simmons. Really , final time this time, just ignore me.

Odom is under-rated. In today's game he would be much more of a star.

I would rank those 3, putting my team together, AK, Odom, Simmons ... even before this meltdown. But in fairness we have whole careers to look at for the other 2 to compare and see their peaks.

The problem is that as good as Simmons is, he has a crippling weakness. There's a reason the story of Achilles, the greatest ancient warrior who died because of a single weakness is among the oldest allegories in history...

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The problem is that as good as Simmons is, he has a crippling weakness. There's a reason the story of Achilles, the greatest ancient warrior who died because of a single weakness is among the oldest allegories in history...
    And he was a baller.

Ben for SGA. Make it happen Morey.

So now it's out there that he wants a trade to Golden State......lmao, well of course he does...who's he thinking they should give up to get him?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    So now it's out there that he wants a trade to Golden State......lmao, well of course he does...who's he thinking they should give up to get him?
    Morey would like Curry and 2 1sts in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    10000% true.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    + 2 swaps

Sounds like Simmons sought mental counseling over the summer via the NBPA, yet has refused to tell the Sixers who he met with or what was discussed. Of course this breaks CBA rules, as both are required.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    i would rather let him sit then send him to the one place that can make him a superstar