Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 182 of 215 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 3219
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i never said you should... I stated that ben is the far better player and trading him for a worse player in OG would be stupid.
    No he isnít and no it wouldnít

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Tell him he can sit at home with no money, put on his big boy pants and play ball to the best of his ability, or take a buyout of $0. He wants out so bad? Take nothing and go. Then heíll be able to sign a big contract with the team of his choosingÖ..if anyone has cap room, that is.
    Better to go the route to void the contract instead. Otherwise the cap hit handicaps Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    No he isnít and no it wouldnít

so we should ignore 99.9 percent of stats on both sides of the ball and just go with your stupid bias as gosple? adorable

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Better to go the route to void the contract instead. Otherwise the cap hit handicaps Philly.
    we wont be able to do much with the cap regaurdless so voiding his contract would be the dumbest thing we could do. Why would we get rid of him for nothing and not really be able to do much with the money?

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I mean, he's been unhappy for awhile and that's fine, but things have really seemed to spiral the last year or so, so I'm not sure id say there's no chance that Doc and Morey are a big part of the problem.

I do think he and embiid probably don't work super well together. I actually think both guys have relatively unique personalities and it's not a shock that they may not get along. So there's something to that for sure, but the last really 4-5 months seem to be the biggest turning points, and that was after a season with Doc and Morey, so Im guessing neither guy did much to remedy the situation, at least in Simmons eyes.
    Thatís fair, but Iím trying to get down to the route of it. Because I remember rumours of strife between Embiid and Simmons for a few years now.

Doc could have a part in it but I think the problem existed before he got there. Obviously now we know that Doc threw him out of practice so Iím sure that relationship canít be great at the moment either. But I do think that this all stems back. Maybe Simmons was a Brown guy and didnít want him replaced. That could be a thing too.

i never said you should... I stated that ben is the far better player and trading him for a worse player in OG would be stupid.
    Would you prefer Gary Trent Jr? Because that can totally happen

Dragic/Trent Jr/Flynn 2 firsts

Itís not the greatest offer but it ends this very messy situation for Philly which can drag out for years.

so we should ignore 99.9 percent of stats on both sides of the ball and just go with your stupid bias as gosple? adorable
    The jig is up. heís not that good and he a terrible terrible contract.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    The jig is up. heís not that good and he a terrible terrible contract.

so we should ignore 99.9 pct of the statistical areas that he has been better in including advanced stats and just go with your dumb bias? Simple question

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Would you prefer Gary Trent Jr? Because that can totally happen

Dragic/Trent Jr/Flynn 2 firsts

Itís not the greatest offer but it ends this very messy situation for Philly which can drag out for years.
    lol i do love dragic but at this point id keep him until the deadline just to piss him off

Weíre over the cap even if we void. So all we would be doing is cost ourselves a salary slot. So that ainít happening.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Weíre over the cap even if we void. So all we would be doing is cost ourselves a salary slot. So that ainít happening.

It wasn't my suggestion. Just saying if we're prioritizing the potential moves, buyout is below voiding:

1) Trade him
    2) Keep and play him
    3) Void his contract
    4) Buy out his contract
    5) Keep him on payroll and fine him for all remaining years.
    6) Waive him

Some of these are so absurd they aren't even worth mentioning (who would honestly waive him, Pay him his money, and give him his freedom? Philly fans would literally lynch Morey), but definitely voiding is way better than buyout because of the cap hit. But by no means is that my suggestion, just correcting that post's logic.

Ben Simmons is a better talent than he is player within a reasonable team structure. Heís not good enough to be a #1, #2 or maybe even #3 offensive option. But he doesnít have any skills that you want out of a player that low in the pecking order.

Is anyone else wondering how toxic this can go for Simmons? Like, what is the breaking point in his professionalism?

Is he going to go into the game and try to foul out in 2 minutes? Just stand there and do nothing? Will he purposely hand the ball over to the opponent? Will he tell the other team the play? Try and score in his own basket?

This is a real question. How far do you think he's willing to go to get sent home with pay or traded? And are any of those things violations of his contract I wonder?

Is anyone else wondering how toxic this can go for Simmons? Like, what is the breaking point in his professionalism?

Is he going to go into the game and try to foul out in 2 minutes? Just stand there and do nothing? Will he purposely hand the ball over to the opponent? Will he tell the other team the play? Try and score in his own basket?

This is a real question. How far do you think he's willing to go to get sent home with pay or traded? And are any of those things violations of his contract I wonder?
    I donít think he would do anything to hurt himself further while actually playing. If he plays.

Trade destinations for Ben Simmons

so we should ignore 99.9 pct of the statistical areas that he has been better in including advanced stats and just go with your dumb bias? Simple question
    Iím not bias. Iíve been telling you heís a role player that will kill you in the play offs if you use him as a primary ball handler for 4 years. Tell me about how him and Fultz are a great fit or how Covington is a top 25 player. Bias lol

Last edited by ewing; 10-22-2021 at 06:00 AM.