Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 180 of 265 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 3966
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i mean he is younger by a few months lol... the team friendly contract thing is def correct but the only thing OG does better is shoot the 3... ben scores more when you factor in shots taken/rebounds better/assists more and floors him in advanced stats and defense even though og is a good defender. Its not really close between them.. OG if he grows could end up better considering ben refuses to grow
    They both born in July. They are exactly 1 year apart. But yea fair enough, itís not that big a difference. But I feel like OG is making significant improvements every year where as Ben is a question mark in that aspect. I donít doubt that Simmons can improve but Iím not certain heís going to either.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    OGs versatility and shooting helps Barnes and Siakam lineups to work. Simmons breaks all those lineups even if he's more impactful overall.

It's just a bad trade partner IMO. Siakam for Simmons is a but more palatable. But there's still probably a large disconnect on who should be giving up 1sts there.
    Agree with your first point, couldnít summarize it better myself.

To your second point, Siakam and Simmons might work straight up. You could argue that both guys are a little over paid, and pretty much are who they are as players. The reason I donít think it works is because Philly doesnít really need a 4. But also in light of Bens behaviour we probably value keeping Siakam because heís more of a team first guy.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 10-20-2021 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i mean he is younger by a few months lol... the team friendly contract thing is def correct but the only thing OG does better is shoot the 3... ben scores more when you factor in shots taken/rebounds better/assists more and floors him in advanced stats and defense even though og is a good defender. Its not really close between them.. OG if he grows could end up better considering ben refuses to grow
    That's the understatement of the offseason. But I agree that Simmons is still significantly more impactful.
    I'd trade Simmons for VanVleet, Boucher and Achiuwa. VanVleet's a perfect fit and championship-tested. Boucher's a solid backup for either front court spot, and Achiuwa could be a building block.
    Toronto would be insanely switchable on defense. I'd close out games with Dragic, Trent Jr., Anunoby, Siakam and Simmons as your small-ball point center. If Barnes takes off, they could field lineups with nobody under 6'5".

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Never gonna happen. OG is the better two way player, he is on a way better contract, he is younger. Simmons doesn't give us anything we don't already have. Marc Stein is just throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks like the rest of us have been doing for 178 pages. lol

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    So then weíre back to makes no sense to trade him then. Gotta wonder who gets in Benís ear to tell him to cut the ****. Itís clear Rich Paul canít get to him. Will it be LeBron? AD? Some other vet? Thereís reports Kyle Lowry was ready to come to us then caught wind of Benís request. Maybe he talks to Ben?

Like whoís going to be the adult in the room with him? Who gonna sit him down and tell him talking to no one, not saying anything, pouting, isnít going to get him anywhere.

Like all the guys comments recently made it sound to me like they are all comfortable waiting this out and itís more a cloud driving them rather than distracting them.
    Basically not trading him is betting his value goes up enough from here to make up for the distraction not trading him brings to the team. Don't know that that's a good bet, but it may well be what Morey decides to do.

If they don't trade him they are going to have to keep fining him if he keeps showing up and being a punk.

Adam Silver.

Who can make anyone with a massive ego swallow it? And who cares enough to try. Might have to come from a place of authority, like the commissioner himself.

Simmons needs a reality check. Maybe heíll have an epiphany all on his own. Surely he can see past this one contract.
    Silver wonít do anything. Heís so soft and eats out of the players palms. Heís had so many chances to do something about this player movement BS and has sat with his thump up his ***.

I think Benís problem here is heíll only listen to someone better than him that was in the same situation, but to him no one is better than him. Itís the same BS I call out about Westbrick.

The fact that itís well reported that Ben keeps an incredibly tight circle and even they donít know what heís thinking is part of the problem. Reportedly Rich Paul isnít a part of it. We know for sure his brother is in it. We know his sister isnít. Maybe one of his parents? Someone thatís part of that group needs to say something or some NBA vet needs to get into one of their ears.

Silver wonít do anything. Heís so soft and eats out of the players palms. Heís had so many chances to do something about this player movement BS and has sat with his thump up his ***.

I think Benís problem here is heíll only listen to someone better than him that was in the same situation, but to him no one is better than him. Itís the same BS I call out about Westbrick.

The fact that itís well reported that Ben keeps an incredibly tight circle and even they donít know what heís thinking is part of the problem. Reportedly Rich Paul isnít a part of it. We know for sure his brother is in it. We know his sister isnít. Maybe one of his parents? Someone thatís part of that group needs to say something or some NBA vet needs to get into one of their ears.
    There are people in the world who, when they draw a line in the sand, will never go back even if it's in their best interest to do so. Simmons line is pretty clearly not opting to play with the Sixers. I don't think there is any convincing him to be a non-disruptive part of the team, and the last couple weeks has just made it even more unlikely. At this point it's either trade him for what you can get or try to get him to accept a buyout. If he stays home and the Sixers fine him all year that's not good for the Sixers either.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    There are people in the world who, when they draw a line in the sand, will never go back even if it's in their best interest to do so. Simmons line is pretty clearly not opting to play with the Sixers. I don't think there is any convincing him to be a non-disruptive part of the team, and the last couple weeks has just made it even more unlikely. At this point it's either trade him for what you can get or try to get him to accept a buyout. If he stays home and the Sixers fine him all year that's not good for the Sixers either.
    1 - Buyout ainít happening.
    2 - How isnít it in the Sixers best interest.
    3 - Heís only hurting himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - Buyout ainít happening.
    2 - How isnít it in the Sixers best interest.
    3 - Heís only hurting himself.

1. I didn't think so.
    2. The Sixers keeping him and fining him is a bad message to other players and is bad PR for the team in general. Players know teams with disgruntled players suffer until they are moved. It's not right, but it's the way it is.
    3. He's pretty clearly hurt the Sixers since they had a very valuable asset 6 months ago, but that assets value has plummeted since.

Does he have beef with Doc? I doubt it, Doc has only been there one year
    Does he have beef with Morey? I doubt it, Morey has also been there like one year.

Whos the common denominator of Simmons entire tenure with the 6ers? its Embiid. Embiid, just came out and said its not his job to baby sit, and he doesn't "I don't care about that man".

That doesn't sound like a team mate that wants things to work out. That sounds like a team mate that is fed up, and the offseason was the straw that broke the camels back. I think this all stems from some sort of problem between the two players. I could be wrong, but that is what Im sensing.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 10-21-2021 at 12:32 PM.

Does he have beef with Doc? I doubt it, Doc has only been there one year
    Does he have beef with Morey? I doubt it, Morey has also been there like one year.

Whos the common denominator of Simmons entire tenure with the 6ers? its Embiid. Embiid, just came out and said its not his job to baby sit, and he doesn't "I don't care about that man".

That doesn't sound like a team mate that wants things to work out. That sounds like a team mate that is fed up, and the offseason was the straw that broke the camels back. I think this all stems from some sort of problem between the two players. I could be wrong, but that is what Im sensing.
    I said it a bit ago, but I think Simmons is pissy everyone loves Embiid and is just ďokĒ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    1. I didn't think so.
    2. The Sixers keeping him and fining him is a bad message to other players and is bad PR for the team in general. Players know teams with disgruntled players suffer until they are moved. It's not right, but it's the way it is.
    3. He's pretty clearly hurt the Sixers since they had a very valuable asset 6 months ago, but that assets value has plummeted since.
    On #2 - Weíve literally never had a player do something like this. Who knows what players are thinking. And agents too. Maybe more of them are fine with what the Sixers are doing. Especially since everything theyíve done is approved by the CBA and the NBPA have basically told Ben they wonít back him trying to get any money back.

I said it a bit ago, but I think Simmons is pissy everyone loves Embiid and is just ďokĒ with him.

Im starting to think that too. Hes a jealous little petty fluff.

Im starting to think that too. Hes a jealous little petty fluff.
    Thatís my take too

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.