Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 137 of 215 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 3219
  1. #2041
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    63,152
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    That sounds like a massive bet on Dinwiddie's health and athleticism after an ACL surgery. I'd also rather not spend the money on Montrezl when Drummond is already backing Embiid up for $2.4 million. If Morey trades with Washington, it's for Beal.
    I donít think Beal is a realistic option unless he forces his way. If Spencer is healthy I think that he a fine player. I also think Montrezl would make sure they donít fall off a cliff with Joel on the bench and Drummond is trash.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  2. #2042
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    67,767
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I suspect the deal is CJ and either RoCo or a couple 1sts for Simmons and one of the young players needed for the salaries to match.

    I imagine Portland wants to send far off protected future 1sts whereas Philly wants RoCo instead, but Portland being in a make Dame happy and win now mode, doesnít want to include him.
    Well, there's got to be something extra in the salary sense from our end with RoCo.

    Ben with kicker:
    $33.6mil (he has a 15% kicker, but his salary is $33mil and that's the max he can make on a 30% max rule)

    McCollum has no kicker:
    $30.8mil

    So theoretically you could trade them straight up for each other as that works with the 125% rule for the Blazers taking on $2.8mil extra. If we add in RoCo, then the Sixers need to add only $2.4mil to make it to that 125% threshold.

    So the question there is do you do the minimum necessary:
    Thybulle - $2.8mil
    Maxey - $2.6mil

    So here's why I can see the picks coming into play - youth. Thybulle and Maxey are both younger than RoCo and have much more potential. Simmons is younger and controlled longer than Simmons. So there's a possibility that the picks are coming in to "offset" that. Because you could break it down like this:
    Simmons for CJ and a 1st that's relatively soon, which I think you can feasibly see as a mid-20's pick which isn't that costly.
    Thybulle/Maxey for RoCo and a 1st that's a touch further out, which might need top 10 protected in that case with maybe waning protections.

    The other option there is putting together Jaden Springer with Shake Milton, Paul Reed, or Isaiah Joe to make salaries match, which would mean taking the 1st out of the "second part" of that deal.

    Then there's the other thought for Philly - Thybulle seems to potentially be your 3nD guy of the future (despite needing the '3' development), and sending out Maxey takes away a potential bench ball handler for you. So do they want to put Danny Green in that deal and it's a matter of having to wait for that Dec 15th date to trade him. RoCo and Green are pretty identical players, and having both on the court really hurts ball handling and passing for the Sixers standpoint. That could take out a first from the Blazers side easily since they are closer to the same age than they other two guys that could be included.

    Of course either of these deals really helps the Blazers in the standpoint that there is no need for any follow up deals.

    If they do the deal with Thybulle in it, they could do this:
    Lillard
    Powell
    Thybulle
    Simmons
    Nurkic
    Then have Simons, Snell, Nance, Zeller on the bench.
    This lineup works well but the spacing looks to maybe be cramped with Thybulle, Simmons, Nurkic on the court together. Maybe you start Nance at the 5 as a way to add some spacing. The bench comes off a touch thin.

    If they do the deal with Maxey in it, the starting lineup looks less conventional but still good:
    Lillard
    Powell
    Simmons
    Nance
    Nurkic
    Then have Simons, Maxey, Snell, Zeller on the bench.
    This starting lineup adds some extra spacing in the form of starting Nance at the 4, puts a better ball handler on the bench with Maxey. However most the size is used in the starting lineup and there's not much to come off the bench.

    This last suggestion with Green in it is gonna look a little "iffy" but I'll justify it so it makes sense:
    Lillard
    Green
    Simmons
    Nance
    Nurkic
    Then have Powell, Simons, Snell, Zeller on the bench.
    Now, with this one the starting lineup has enough spacing, but it gives a great scoring option off the bench in a potential 6MOTY candidate in Powell. Or you take Nance/Nurkic out, slide everyone down one, and put Powell at the 2. It's actually a flexible grouping because Green can play the 2/3 and Simmons can guard 5 positions.

    Now the Sixers end:
    I believe from the Sixers standpoint giving up Maxey makes the least sense, followed by Thybulle. Giving up Maxey means giving up our best bench ball handler. I think his potential of all our young guys makes the least amount of sense. Giving up Simmons and Thybulle in the same deal for RoCo is a touch more tolerable but that's also giving up our two best wing defenders, and having two declining wing defenders. I'm not sure I'm wiling to do that. I think giving up two DPOY vote getters in the same deal is too big a pill to swallow.

    Additionally because CJ and Curry are both not defenders, you can't play them together. So this deal would require something to be done there or we are forced to bring Curry off the bench, and he just proved to be a worthy starter. So something else would need to be done with Curry, and honestly I would see if we can package Curry, Harris, and if a 1st comes from Portland to see if we can get a different 4 that's a slight upgrade.

    So if we send out Maxey:
    McCollum
    Green
    RoCo
    Harris
    Embiid
    Bench of Thybulle, Curry, Niang, Korkmaz, Drummond
    I'm not sure where bakk handling comes from with CJ out.

    If we send out Thybulle:
    McCollum
    Green
    RoCo
    Harris
    Embiid
    Bench of Maxey, Curry, Niang, Korkmaz, Drummond
    The bench has scoring in gobs with Maxey, Curry, Niang, but there's no defense to be seen there.

    If we send out Green:
    McCollum
    Thybulle
    RoCo
    Harris
    Embiid
    Bench of Maxey, Curry, Niang, Drummond, Korkmaz
    See above. But maybe you start Korkmaz with this group and have Thybulle off the bench.

    Maybe in the case of all these deals we could turn to the Grizzlies and send a package of RoCo, Curry, picks for Brooks; maybe try to get bigger and send out Harris, Curry, and picks for Brooks and Anderson.

  3. #2043
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,794
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Well, there's got to be something extra in the salary sense from our end with RoCo.

    Ben with kicker:
    $33.6mil (he has a 15% kicker, but his salary is $33mil and that's the max he can make on a 30% max rule)

    McCollum has no kicker:
    $30.8mil

    So theoretically you could trade them straight up for each other as that works with the 125% rule for the Blazers taking on $2.8mil extra. If we add in RoCo, then the Sixers need to add only $2.4mil to make it to that 125% threshold.

    So the question there is do you do the minimum necessary:
    Thybulle - $2.8mil
    Maxey - $2.6mil

    So here's why I can see the picks coming into play - youth. Thybulle and Maxey are both younger than RoCo and have much more potential. Simmons is younger and controlled longer than Simmons. So there's a possibility that the picks are coming in to "offset" that. Because you could break it down like this:
    Simmons for CJ and a 1st that's relatively soon, which I think you can feasibly see as a mid-20's pick which isn't that costly.
    Thybulle/Maxey for RoCo and a 1st that's a touch further out, which might need top 10 protected in that case with maybe waning protections.

    The other option there is putting together Jaden Springer with Shake Milton, Paul Reed, or Isaiah Joe to make salaries match, which would mean taking the 1st out of the "second part" of that deal.

    Then there's the other thought for Philly - Thybulle seems to potentially be your 3nD guy of the future (despite needing the '3' development), and sending out Maxey takes away a potential bench ball handler for you. So do they want to put Danny Green in that deal and it's a matter of having to wait for that Dec 15th date to trade him. RoCo and Green are pretty identical players, and having both on the court really hurts ball handling and passing for the Sixers standpoint. That could take out a first from the Blazers side easily since they are closer to the same age than they other two guys that could be included.

    Of course either of these deals really helps the Blazers in the standpoint that there is no need for any follow up deals.

    If they do the deal with Thybulle in it, they could do this:
    Lillard
    Powell
    Thybulle
    Simmons
    Nurkic
    Then have Simons, Snell, Nance, Zeller on the bench.
    This lineup works well but the spacing looks to maybe be cramped with Thybulle, Simmons, Nurkic on the court together. Maybe you start Nance at the 5 as a way to add some spacing. The bench comes off a touch thin.

    If they do the deal with Maxey in it, the starting lineup looks less conventional but still good:
    Lillard
    Powell
    Simmons
    Nance
    Nurkic
    Then have Simons, Maxey, Snell, Zeller on the bench.
    This starting lineup adds some extra spacing in the form of starting Nance at the 4, puts a better ball handler on the bench with Maxey. However most the size is used in the starting lineup and there's not much to come off the bench.

    This last suggestion with Green in it is gonna look a little "iffy" but I'll justify it so it makes sense:
    Lillard
    Green
    Simmons
    Nance
    Nurkic
    Then have Powell, Simons, Snell, Zeller on the bench.
    Now, with this one the starting lineup has enough spacing, but it gives a great scoring option off the bench in a potential 6MOTY candidate in Powell. Or you take Nance/Nurkic out, slide everyone down one, and put Powell at the 2. It's actually a flexible grouping because Green can play the 2/3 and Simmons can guard 5 positions.

    Now the Sixers end:
    I believe from the Sixers standpoint giving up Maxey makes the least sense, followed by Thybulle. Giving up Maxey means giving up our best bench ball handler. I think his potential of all our young guys makes the least amount of sense. Giving up Simmons and Thybulle in the same deal for RoCo is a touch more tolerable but that's also giving up our two best wing defenders, and having two declining wing defenders. I'm not sure I'm wiling to do that. I think giving up two DPOY vote getters in the same deal is too big a pill to swallow.

    Additionally because CJ and Curry are both not defenders, you can't play them together. So this deal would require something to be done there or we are forced to bring Curry off the bench, and he just proved to be a worthy starter. So something else would need to be done with Curry, and honestly I would see if we can package Curry, Harris, and if a 1st comes from Portland to see if we can get a different 4 that's a slight upgrade.

    So if we send out Maxey:
    McCollum
    Green
    RoCo
    Harris
    Embiid
    Bench of Thybulle, Curry, Niang, Korkmaz, Drummond
    I'm not sure where bakk handling comes from with CJ out.

    If we send out Thybulle:
    McCollum
    Green
    RoCo
    Harris
    Embiid
    Bench of Maxey, Curry, Niang, Korkmaz, Drummond
    The bench has scoring in gobs with Maxey, Curry, Niang, but there's no defense to be seen there.

    If we send out Green:
    McCollum
    Thybulle
    RoCo
    Harris
    Embiid
    Bench of Maxey, Curry, Niang, Drummond, Korkmaz
    See above. But maybe you start Korkmaz with this group and have Thybulle off the bench.

    Maybe in the case of all these deals we could turn to the Grizzlies and send a package of RoCo, Curry, picks for Brooks; maybe try to get bigger and send out Harris, Curry, and picks for Brooks and Anderson.
    I like the Portland trade here for Ben Simmons but like it more with Simmons and Thybulle

  4. #2044
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,285
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    so reports are right now that the cavs are willing to give up sexton and tons of firsts... the blazers are willing to give up cj and cov plus 2 firsts and the wolves and other teams are still chasing hard.

    on top of that you have this

    Clark] ďA friend of mine, who went to school with Ben Simmons here in Melbourne and still remains very close to him, believes he is heading to the Nuggets, with the trade set to be finalised next week. I don't follow the NBA, but make of that what you will.Ē

    clark is legit. Maybe MPJ and some picks? Id take a risk taking MPJ but id still rather take a blazers deal for cov/cj or a sexton/firsts deal
    About the only way to make money work is if Jamal is in the deal. Maybe this is a biased opinion but Jamal is just better. Solid defender and has shown he can be the first option.

    2. MPJ is less of a risk than Ben. MPJ can continue to make strides defensively. Simmons cant make developments in his shooting.

  5. #2045
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    67,767
    Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    Simmons cant make developments in his shooting.
    I'm sorry but this statement is just mind blowing to me. In what world can a 25 year old who isn't even in his prime not develop even something? If you detached the name of "Ben Simmons" from the situation;

    A 25 year old, DPOY runner up, who's an elite passer, can push pace offensively, defend 5 positions, efficient around the rim, has a great handle of the ball, but needs development as a shooter....30/30 teams take a shot at that.

  6. #2046
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    67,767
    https://twitter.com/shamscharania/st...671371777?s=21

    Doesnít even want to talk to teammates.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #2047
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    https://twitter.com/shamscharania/st...671371777?s=21

    Doesnít even want to talk to teammates.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What a little *****.

  8. #2048
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    67,767
    I think with this report if you are Minny, Houston, or Sacto; you've got to be fully out right? You don't have a lockerroom with a vet strong enough to make an impact on Ben. He so badly needs a Lillard/Curry type of guy to be his teammate who will tell him what to do and get Ben respecting him.

  9. #2049
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    63,152

    Trade destinations for Ben Simmons

    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I'm sorry but this statement is just mind blowing to me. In what world can a 25 year old who isn't even in his prime not develop even something? If you detached the name of "Ben Simmons" from the situation;

    A 25 year old, DPOY runner up, who's an elite passer, can push pace offensively, defend 5 positions, efficient around the rim, has a great handle of the ball, but needs development as a shooter....30/30 teams take a shot at that.
    But he doesnít have a great handle and guys Maxey and Thybulle need to develop as shooters. Ben Simmons is Chris Dudley. Heís been massively overrated in the media from day one. the Sixers ****ed up by paying him. I donít think 10 out of 30 take a shot on him given his contract


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 09-25-2021 at 01:34 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  10. #2050
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    67,767
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    But he doesnít have a great handle and guys Maxey and Thybulle need to develop as shooters. Ben Simmons is Chris Dudley. Heís been massively overrated in the media from day one the Sixers ****ed up


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What do Maxey and Thybulle have to do with it?

  11. #2051
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    63,152

    Trade destinations for Ben Simmons

    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    What do Maxey and Thybulle have to do with it?
    They are below average shooters with touch. Ben Simmons is a brick layer. Guys with no touch normally donít become shooters. I think Thybulle will be become a reliable CnS guy. Maxey has upside as a shot maker as well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 09-25-2021 at 01:39 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  12. #2052
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,067
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I think with this report if you are Minny, Houston, or Sacto; you've got to be fully out right? You don't have a lockerroom with a vet strong enough to make an impact on Ben. He so badly needs a Lillard/Curry type of guy to be his teammate who will tell him what to do and get Ben respecting him.
    I would agree with that. He definitely needs a mentor. Brooklyn would have been a good spot for him too.

  13. #2053
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    67,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I would agree with that. He definitely needs a mentor. Brooklyn would have been a good spot for him too.
    For what with Brooklyn?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #2054
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I would agree with that. He definitely needs a mentor. Brooklyn would have been a good spot for him too.
    Durant and Harden arenít in the mentoring business and Kyrie isÖÖyou donít want Kyrie mentoring anyone.


    But yeah, those young teams should stay away.

  15. #2055
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,965
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    https://twitter.com/shamscharania/st...671371777?s=21

    Doesnít even want to talk to teammates.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Does he not realize that by behaving this way he is causing himself to be red flagged? Or at the very least hurting his own value and making it even harder for Morey to move him? if he really wants to get traded maybe stop acting like such a little *****?

    If I'm a rival GM and I'm reading this stuff Im thinking, why would I want to trade for a guy who cant shoot, but also is a giant douche bag who only cares about himself?
    At this point who in their right mind would even want Ben?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •