Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 100 of 215 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 3219
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Thatís crazy. Itís a challenge. Ben knows why teams are more interested in him as a 4 or 5 then a PG and why Doc said ďI donít knowĒ if he can play PG on a title team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That would be the same response with Randle as well.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    When it comes to coaches talking about players, yes it is.

Publicly, especially after losing a tough playoff series, coaches and players have each other's backs.
    💯

Ben would have to be really slow to not understand what was implied and yes Doc threw him under the buss

Quote Originally Posted by cattusmaru View Post
    That would be the same response with Randle as well.
    I donít think anyone is asking if Randle can play PG but Iím sure he understands he has to do better then he did in last years playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Lol no, it's been 6 years. Time for Ben to sack up.
    Both points can be true. Ben needs to sack up and work hard to get better. But Doc shouldnít have said what he said either as clearly it didnít help the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyphan4 View Post
    Agree to disagree on who is at fault. Curious though, you wouldn't give up D'Lo for Simmons, how come? Of course the Wolves would be better off with all three but why wouldn't you trade D'Lo for Simmons? Just looking for your insight on this.
    I personally think that D'lo is a "better" modern NBA player long term. I also think that the point of adding Simmons to the Wolves would be the spacing guys like KAT, D'lo and Beasley can provide. Edwards will likely have a much improved 3pt shot, but that's speculation. Right now, trading two of the Wolves best shooters(Beasley/D'lo) for Simmons just doesn't leave enough shooting around to create space for Ben to drive. I mean, if the Wolves are getting Curry back, it would probably work, but would the 6ers do that? I also heard rumors that the 6ers don't want D'lo back at all(which is understandable as he has underperformed on his current contract).
    Last edited by Oefarmy2005; 09-03-2021 at 10:57 AM.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Simmons will end up in Sacramento or he ends up in Golden State
    I am still willing to bet he ends up in SA. I think it's the only team willing to offer a package players Philly would want that would help this year(Rich Paul being Murray's agent none withstanding).
    Last edited by Oefarmy2005; 09-03-2021 at 10:58 AM.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I donít think anyone is asking if Randle can play PG but Iím sure he understands he has to do better then he did in last years playoffs

True but I am willing to bet Simmons will improve his playoff performance next season than Randle can which will likely remain the same. You cannot teach to be clutch and how not to choke once the playoffs rolls around.

https://youtu.be/5CH8BlnmJL4

or

https://youtu.be/ssPrGWuNTyg

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I am still willing to bet he ends up in SA. I think it's the only team willing to offer a package players Philly would want that would help this year(Rich Paul being Murray's agent none withstanding).
    If your willing to lose money as there is no chance he will play for Pops. Just ask Kawhi. He is CA bound but if I am the GM, I send him to Portland for Dame by the trading deadline. I think Morey believe this will happen as well.

I'm completely convinced it's been a 5 year con to get out of Philly:
    https://twitter.com/Liberty_Ballers/...954321920?s=20

True but I am willing to bet Simmons will improve his playoff performance next season than Randle can which will likely remain the same. You cannot teach to be clutch and how not to choke once the playoffs rolls around.

or

You should bet everything you have

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I'm completely convinced it's been a 5 year con to get out of Philly:
    https://twitter.com/Liberty_Ballers/...954321920?s=20
    Do you think he is helping or hurting his case to get Philly full value in a trade?

On one hand he can clearly shoot it if given proper coaching and motivation. On the other hand he's a head case who conned a team that maxed him out.

or

I'm sorry. Are we going to pretend like Simmons DIDN'T pass up a wide open dunk to tie the game in a Game 7 with 3:30 left? Or that he took four whole FGA in that game and 14 total combined in the last three games (for a whopping 19 points)? Or that he averaged less than 10 PPG in that series? Or that he averaged less than 9 FGA in the entire postseason this year? Are you honestly that dense, or maybe you've been in a coma since before the playoffs started and just woke up?

Like you actually just posted a highlight video from a postseason series two years ago to try to prove your point about Ben Simmons' clutchness when every person who's even remotely interested in the NBA knows he just **** the bed in a massive way in the playoffs. That's a thing you just did.

The Jump just said Ben can be fined $227,613 per game and practice missed, if the 76ers want to go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Do you think he is helping or hurting his case to get Philly full value in a trade?

On one hand he can clearly shoot it if given proper coaching and motivation. On the other hand he's a head case who conned a team that maxed him out.
    Both. I know sounds like a non answer but it's true. I think if you are a team that believes he just needs the right push its really going to help his value that you see decent form and he's taking them. But it makes you wonder if he doesn't like it there is he going to pull the same crap he's pulling now.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I'm sorry. Are we going to pretend like Simmons DIDN'T pass up a wide open dunk to tie the game in a Game 7 with 3:30 left? Or that he took four whole FGA in that game and 14 total combined in the last three games (for a whopping 19 points)? Or that he averaged less than 10 PPG in that series? Or that he averaged less than 9 FGA in the entire postseason this year? Are you honestly that dense, or maybe you've been in a coma since before the playoffs started and just woke up?

Like you actually just posted a highlight video from a postseason series two years ago to try to prove your point about Ben Simmons' clutchness when every person who's even remotely interested in the NBA knows he just **** the bed in a massive way in the playoffs. That's a thing you just did.
    I think the thing with Simmons moving forward is that his value shouldn't be gauged through the lens of PPG (really no player should but that's a different convo). It'd be the equivalent of pointing to Draymond's scoring volume and concluding that he's trash. That's just not how he provides value on the court, and it's looking more and more likely that long-term this isn't the way Simmons is going to provide value either.

Which is honestly sort of a tough pill to swallow considering he was the first overall pick and had such high expectations. At this point though it's clear that his value will stem from his defense and passing, so we should adjust our expectations accordingly. He can't close playoff games, and he can't be expected to shoulder much of a scoring load either.

There's still a role for him in the league, and if he can find a way to provide off ball value, and develop his passing further out of the short roll, he'll still be a value add for 3.5 quarters come postseason. He's essentially
    a super scuffed Draymond Green at this point. It is what it is.