Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 120 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2589
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I am a Wolves fan I just want to hear some unbiassed opinions. It sounds like the Wolves would hesitently move Russel for Simmons if the 6ers were interested, but they are not. Considering everything, would you rather have:
    1) Beasley, PBev, McDaniels and the Wolves first round picks/pick swaps or
    2) Sexton, Rubio, Okoro and the Cleveland first round picks/pick swaps?

I would say that in a vacuum I would prefer the Cleveland package, however Beasley has 3 years left on his contract at a reasonable price(I would even say good/great price) for what he brings with the last year being a team option, while Sexton will need a new contract after this season that will likely run north of $25 million/per. The picks from Cleveland will likely be better(at least I hope so as a Wolves fan) if they get Simmons than if the Wolves do.
    Okoro and Rubio are trash, so is Beverly. Id take the Twolves package for Beasley and McDaniels. But neither of those would be good enough for Simmons if thats who the trade is for.

Trade destinations for Ben Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Okoro and Rubio are trash, so is Beverly. Id take the Twolves package for Beasley and McDaniels. But neither of those would be good enough for Simmons if thats who the trade is for.
    I agree with your take in Rubio, Okoro, and Bev. I donít see why the Sixers would want any of those guys. Iíd take the Cavs package though bc I think Sexton would be the most impactful players for the Sixers. I think they need someone other then Joel who can do things with the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 09-18-2021 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I agree with your take in Rubio, Okoro, and Bev. I donít see why the Sixers would want any of those guys. I take the Cavs package though bc I think Sexton would be the most impactful players for the Sixers. I think they need someone other then Joel who can do things with the ball.

yeah neither deal would be enough for Simmons. Sexton likely the sexiest name on that list I agree with you, but he likely will get 25+ milll on his ext. And I think Beasley is on team friendly contract. I guess it would depend on the team trading for these guys and what their needs are. But you're right Sexton has far higher potential.

I think Okoro, Rubia, and Beverley are functional NBA players, they just need to be much much cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think Okoro, Rubia, and Beverley are functional NBA players, they just need to be much much cheaper.
    Okoro is on a rookie contract. If he was good he would be a bargain. He might become good he just isnít.

Okoro is on a rookie contract. If he was good he would be a bargain. He might become good he just isnít.

Rookie contract or not so far he's not worth the $33M he's owed. But you are right, he could take a leap and be a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Rookie contract or not so far he's not worth the $33M he's owed. But you are right, he could take a leap and be a bargain.
    Bc so far heís not good. His contract is cheap.

Thanks for the responses. I am in the same boat. I think these offers are comparable but neither should be strong enough to get Simmons. However, the way things have been going you just don't know.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Thanks for the responses. I am in the same boat. I think these offers are comparable but neither should be strong enough to get Simmons. However, the way things have been going you just don't know.
    The trade Morey makes will be a win now move and will try to get Embiid the most possible help. Those deals do nothing for Phillys goal to contend now. Thatís the problem.

The trade Morey makes will be a win now move and will try to get Embiid the most possible help. Those deals do nothing for Phillys goal to contend now. Thatís the problem.
    The question is ... does doing no trade at all do anything to get Embiid help now?

The 2 best destinations at this point for Ben Simmons trade wise that no one can say no to are:

1- San Antonio Spurs
    2- Minnesota Timberwolves

Minnesota trade package being: Simmons & Thybulle to Minnesota Timberwolves and the 76ers in exchange get D'Angelo Russell, Jaden McDaniels and 3 first round draft picks
    Another Minnesota trade package: Minnesota gets Ben Simmons by himself and the Sixers in exchange get Malik Beasley, Taurean Prince, Jaden McDaniels and 4 first round draft picks
    3rd Minnesota package you could do: 3 team trade...Minnesota gets Ben Simmons, Philadelphia 76ers get Damian Lillard and the Blazers get D'Angelo Russell, Tyrese Maxey, Jaden McDaniels and 2 first round draft picks

Then for the San Antonio package: San Antonio gets Ben Simmons and in exchange the Philadelphia 76ers get Murray, White, Vassell and 2 future first round draft picks (2022 and 2024)

Rubio definitely isn't trash, awful take.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    The 2 best destinations at this point for Ben Simmons trade wise that no one can say no to are:

1- San Antonio Spurs
    2- Minnesota Timberwolves

Minnesota trade package being: Simmons & Thybulle to Minnesota Timberwolves and the 76ers in exchange get D'Angelo Russell, Jaden McDaniels and 3 first round draft picks
    Another Minnesota trade package: Minnesota gets Ben Simmons by himself and the Sixers in exchange get Malik Beasley, Taurean Prince, Jaden McDaniels and 4 first round draft picks
    3rd Minnesota package you could do: 3 team trade...Minnesota gets Ben Simmons, Philadelphia 76ers get Damian Lillard and the Blazers get D'Angelo Russell, Tyrese Maxey, Jaden McDaniels and 2 first round draft picks

Then for the San Antonio package: San Antonio gets Ben Simmons and in exchange the Philadelphia 76ers get Murray, White, Vassell and 2 future first round draft picks (2022 and 2024)
    I'm not sure Minn needs to add that many firsts if they are including DLo. I know rumors are that Minn doesnt want to include DLo in deals, but I think something around DLo for Simmons makes the most sense for both teams. I think Edwards can be a good scorer and KAT is more valuable on offense than defense. DLo is fairly ball dominant and I'm not sure that's what that team needs. But that is what Philly needs. And Simmons defense and passing probably fits well with Minn, who has enough guys to space the floor for him.

I get some of the reluctance from Minn, because KAT and DLo are apparently buddies, but I don't think that team is going far as constructed, so I'd make a deal of Simmons for DLo+ assuming the + isn't absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    Rubio definitely isn't trash, awful take.
    I donít know if he gets mins on the Sixers minus Ben.
    Last edited by ewing; 09-20-2021 at 11:13 AM.

I donít know if he gets mins on the Sixers minus Ben.
    Depending on the scenario he'd likely be the only guy on the team who could quarterback the offense against complex defensive coverages and master the minutia of every set Philly likes to run on offense. He wouldn't be a bad throw in at all, he's still a capable POA defender and still has the type of passing vision that finds teammates in the spots they like. Would rather have him than John Wall tbh.