Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 139 of 177 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2642
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Gotta wonder if they want to go the route of basically getting a grievance filed to void his contract and the attempt is to make his trade value so bad that the only option is to fine him and leave him at home.

This is either going to send player empowerment over the top or kill it depending on what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I totally see this happening to where heís gonna have no choice but to put his diapers on and obligate to playÖ

Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    Yep. Totally selfish and not coachable. Clueless why anyone would want his baggage. The Sixers should just let him stay him and keep letting this crap costing him finesÖ
    Sixers are trying to come out of this still being a contender if possible. Having Ben Simmons stick around is a distraction to the organization and an unnecessary burden on all of the other players and coaching staff (having to deal with non stop media questions over this crap)

Sixers probably could have moved him if they had a more reasonable asking price 2-3 months ago.

It might get to a point where the 76ers have to include another young asset or a draft pick just to move his contract. Thats a long way down from them expecting 2 starters, 2 lotto picks, and 2 future first round picks...... which was an unreasonable offer that the warriors correctly hung up the phone on.

I'll still offer you FVV and Dragic if you want it.

This situation just continues to blow my mind. Simmons, has literally not changed or improved his offensive game for 5-6 years, while making 30+ million a year and the coach makes one upsetting (yet honest) comment to the media and this happens. Un.be.liev.able. This guys skin is so thin you can probably see his heartbeat.

Not allowing his teammates to travel out to see him "out of respect to wasting their times," is BS. A quick flight to meet face to face and hear him out is nothing to these guys.

He does realize, if/when he is traded, he will have to play in Philly at least once a year, or will that be a load management game? God help him when he returns to Philly, because I honestly can't think of any other Philadelphia athlete in recent memory that will be this hated when he returns.
    Phillies/Eagles/Flyers/Sixers/Union/Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Gotta wonder if they want to go the route of basically getting a grievance filed to void his contract and the attempt is to make his trade value so bad that the only option is to fine him and leave him at home.

This is either going to send player empowerment over the top or kill it depending on what happens.

Additionally we do have new information of the timeline based on recent reporting.
    Sixers lose game 7 to the Hawks on June 20, 2021
    At the 2021 Combine, June 21-27, the Sixers and Rich Paul met, this is where Simmons requested a trade
    Early July the Sixers start fielding trade calls
    August 2021 Ben indicated he won't show up.
    September 2021 it becomes more official he won't show.
    Sept 25th 2021 Ben tells teammates he won't show up.

This is where I have the issue with people that still want to put the blame at the Sixers feet. It's one public comment and he asks out. Nothing was said negative out of the Sixers in the weeks following the loss. If you refer to the first two lines of the timeline, Ben basically never gave a chance for the Sixers to come to the table and work with him. Especially when this was the time there were reports that he was "willing to work with the Sixers on his shooting."

Rich Paul played the media early on to make Simmons look sympathetic by somehow keeping this trade request under wraps. Morey called the bluff and now Simmons is coming out of this looking terrible.

I have really hit the point where I don't think he ever wanted to be here, the not shooting thing, the off court celebrity ****, the not trying at times were all an effort to get himself traded. And when that all backfired he waited for the first sliver of opportunity (June 20th) to use that as ammo to make the Sixers look like the bad guy to get traded. like why even sign your max deal then. Take a QO and hit free agency sooner.
    And you have no clue what happens behind the scenes either.

But I've said this a million times. Show me other situations where after a game a coach is asked directly "can you win with so and so?" And then the coach answers I dont know. It doesn't happen. Show me a situation where a GM likes a meme on Twitter making fun of his own player. That **** doesn't happen. So if you don't think it's possible the behind the scenes relationship was probably strained too if thsie guys were willing to publicly do stuff coaches and GMs virtually never do, I dont know what to tell you.

And thats why I don't get why everyone is like one little comment. That stuff never happens and if you don't think there's a ton of guys around the league that would be offended by that, you're crazy. It's not even like the coach said I don't know if this team can win. It was literally a direct question about one guy. Its not like Coach Bud said I'm not sure we can win a ring with Khris Middleton as our 2. If asked, he defended Middleton at all costs.

Denver receive: Ben Simmons and Danny Green
    Philly receive: Michael Porter Jr and Will Barton

Picks will need to be included but I like the trade for both teams

MPJ will be better than Simmons.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    And you have no clue what happens behind the scenes either.

But I've said this a million times. Show me other situations where after a game a coach is asked directly "can you win with so and so?" And then the coach answers I dont know. It doesn't happen. Show me a situation where a GM likes a meme on Twitter making fun of his own player. That **** doesn't happen. So if you don't think it's possible the behind the scenes relationship was probably strained too if thsie guys were willing to publicly do stuff coaches and GMs virtually never do, I dont know what to tell you.

And thats why I don't get why everyone is like one little comment. That stuff never happens and if you don't think there's a ton of guys around the league that would be offended by that, you're crazy. It's not even like the coach said I don't know if this team can win. It was literally a direct question about one guy. Its not like Coach Bud said I'm not sure we can win a ring with Khris Middleton as our 2. If asked, he defended Middleton at all costs.
    Doc clarified about his comment saying that it was taken out of context.

ďI actually said when the guy asked, guys, Iím not answering that stuff right now. I donít even know how to answer that. So what I was talking about was not answering the question. It had nothing to do with Ben.Ē

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/heavy.co...n-simmons/amp/

It could be damage control but take it for what itís worth.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 09-25-2021 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Doc clarified about his comment saying that it was taken out of context, and that he didnít answer no, he said he didnít know how to answer that question. He also said he communicated with Simmons after the fact and made sure it was understood that he was miss quoted.

It could be damage control but take it for what itís worth.
    Even if it wasnít taken out of context, itís a single statement. Like Iíve said, I think that Ben has been wanting out and used this as the excuse because some people were going to cling to that. Phil has said stuff about players, Pops has said stuff about players, heck Spols has said stuff about players that arenít all that dissimilar. I forgot who said it but there was one guy that said great players can internalize that to be better, Simmons just doesnít.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Absolutely agree. Philly is a bad fit. Embiid is rightfully the guy they should build around, but Simmons isn't a great fit along side embiid. Embiid wants to play slow and focus on the half court. Simmons needs to play fast. I think you can build around those two, but there's no margin for error and it's a bunch of 3 and D guys with at least 1 stud guard, like a Brad Beal type or even a Klay type. But the margin for error is slim and Philly wasn't able to do that.

But you put him with guys like Towns and Edwards, and I think the fit could work.
    Right now, I'd say Beasley is the better fit gunning on the perimeter. Edwards needs to learn to shoot.
    What if you could get D'Angelo and Edwards for Simmons and maybe Korkmaz?
    It's more of a risk for Philly, but Edwards could be really good, and locked down for a fairly long time. D'Angelo has more room to grow and can already shoot better and run some offense.
    Simmons would have two great shooters in Beasley and towns to kick it to on his forays into the post. If Minnesota can ring out Korkmaz, he'd have three.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Right now, I'd say Beasley is the better fit gunning on the perimeter. Edwards needs to learn to shoot.
    What if you could get D'Angelo and Edwards for Simmons and maybe Korkmaz?
    It's more of a risk for Philly, but Edwards could be really good, and locked down for a fairly long time. D'Angelo has more room to grow and can already shoot better and run some offense.
    Simmons would have two great shooters in Beasley and towns to kick it to on his forays into the post. If Minnesota can ring out Korkmaz, he'd have three.
    I wouldnít consider Edwards for Simmons with assets attached.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

no contender wants him

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by phillyphan4 View Post
    This situation just continues to blow my mind. Simmons, has literally not changed or improved his offensive game for 5-6 years, while making 30+ million a year and the coach makes one upsetting (yet honest) comment to the media and this happens. Un.be.liev.able. This guys skin is so thin you can probably see his heartbeat.

Not allowing his teammates to travel out to see him "out of respect to wasting their times," is BS. A quick flight to meet face to face and hear him out is nothing to these guys.

He does realize, if/when he is traded, he will have to play in Philly at least once a year, or will that be a load management game? God help him when he returns to Philly, because I honestly can't think of any other Philadelphia athlete in recent memory that will be this hated when he returns.
    Yeah but either way I'm lookin forward to that because it will make for great ratings if and when nationally televised

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Denver receive: Ben Simmons and Danny Green
    Philly receive: Michael Porter Jr and Will Barton

Picks will need to be included but I like the trade for both teams
    Me too I think it is a great deal and Simmons in Denver with Jokic and Murray and Gordon is actually a great fit

Apparently Simmons liked an Instagram post where Gilbert Arenas said the problem with Ben in Philly is they didnít let him play in the post more Giannis like.