Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 48 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
Results 706 to 720 of 1767
  1. #706
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,268
    Tier 1: Dame and Beal

    Tier 2: SGA, Fox, and LaVine

    I hope Daryl Morey can work his magic to acquire one.

  2. #707
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Tier 1: Dame and Beal

    Tier 2: SGA, Fox, and LaVine

    I hope Daryl Morey can work his magic to acquire one.
    Tier 2 isn't rumored to be available. I'd say the most likely thing is just hope Ben sacks up and starts shooting in year 6.

  3. #708
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    60,911
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Tier 2 isn't rumored to be available. I'd say the most likely thing is just hope Ben sacks up and starts shooting in year 6.
    I hope Dame doesn’t force his way Philly


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  4. #709
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,082
    Ben Simmons to a division rival, the Toronto Raptors, in the past few hours I'm hearing it a lot now more than before

  5. #710
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Ben Simmons to a division rival, the Toronto Raptors, in the past few hours I'm hearing it a lot now more than before
    Source?

  6. #711
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,082
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Source?
    Not just all over IG as a rumor but also off certain shows on ESPN which name the Raptors as one of the teams interested

  7. #712
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...n-simmons-buzz

    This is something War has been alluding to all summer.

    "Cleveland, Indiana, Minnesota, Sacramento, and Toronto all showed interest in acquiring the runner-up for Defensive Player of the Year, sources said. Multiple executives from those teams, when contacted by B/R, mentioned their excitement at incorporating Simmons as a play-making forward—not at the point guard position he's played in Philadelphia".

  8. #713
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    17,262
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...n-simmons-buzz

    This is something War has been alluding to all summer.

    "Cleveland, Indiana, Minnesota, Sacramento, and Toronto all showed interest in acquiring the runner-up for Defensive Player of the Year, sources said. Multiple executives from those teams, when contacted by B/R, mentioned their excitement at incorporating Simmons as a play-making forward—not at the point guard position he's played in Philadelphia".
    Losing teams are interested in adding an all-star. Why am I not surprised? It also should be common sense for a GM to not try the PG experiment again.

    Still haven't seen an all-star rumored to be offered for him or multiple picks + multiple swaps.

  9. #714
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,082
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Losing teams are interested in adding an all-star. Why am I not surprised?

    Still haven't seen an all-star rumored to be offered for him or multiple picks + multiple swaps.
    But out of those teams the ones who could realistically get Simmons are Toronto, Sacramento and Cleveland

  10. #715
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Losing teams are interested in adding an all-star. Why am I not surprised? It also should be common sense for a GM to not try the PG experiment again.

    Still haven't seen an all-star rumored to be offered for him or multiple picks + multiple swaps.
    I doubt that a package like that will be offered for Simmons, imo.

  11. #716
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    17,262
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I doubt that a package like that will be offered for Simmons, imo.
    The truth is the Sixers value Simmons higher than anyone else. It will be difficult to get what (it seems) they think he's worth.

    Simmons is a very good player, but the issue is he's paid like #1, while having the impact of a #3. It's the same issue the Jazz have with Gobert. If you have 2 great offensive players and an excellent 6th man who can close for you, great. Otherwise, ultimately you just can't allocate that much money to a defensive minded player who is a liability late in games.

    I am likely in the minority here but I'm feeling a 90% chance he ends up in a Sixers uniform to start next season pending the outcome of the draft.

  12. #717
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    The truth is the Sixers value Simmons higher than anyone else. It will be difficult to get what (it seems) they think he's worth.

    Simmons is a very good player, but the issue is he's paid like #1, while having the impact of a #3. It's the same issue the Jazz have with Gobert. If you have 2 great offensive players and an excellent 6th man who can close for you, great. Otherwise, ultimately you just can't allocate that much money to a defensive minded player who is a liability late in games.

    I am likely in the minority here but I'm feeling a 90% chance he ends up in a Sixers uniform to start next season pending the outcome of the draft.
    I think he will be in a 76ers uniform as well. I would say just cross fingers and toes that he is willing to shoot/attack in year 6.

    We all just seen what a guy very similar to him just accomplished. The key difference is they need to swap out Ben's bullmastiff brain for a pit bull brain.

  13. #718
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,082
    The guy is like afraid to shoot or afraid to attack the basket. What definitely would help is if Simmons were to out on more muscle.

  14. #719
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    66,588
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...n-simmons-buzz

    This is something War has been alluding to all summer.

    "Cleveland, Indiana, Minnesota, Sacramento, and Toronto all showed interest in acquiring the runner-up for Defensive Player of the Year, sources said. Multiple executives from those teams, when contacted by B/R, mentioned their excitement at incorporating Simmons as a play-making forward—not at the point guard position he's played in Philadelphia".
    And this is why the offers have taken the shape they have. Teams are hoping to get him at lesser thinking the "out of position" can make his value easier for him. I guess give Colangelo/Brand credit for getting a PG to work with him? I mean they did terrible at it.

    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I doubt that a package like that will be offered for Simmons, imo.
    No it won't, and Sixer fans don't even think that. I feel like there's some artificial ballooning of what the Sixers are asking for to be able to mock the Sixers down the road.

    But, I don't see what's insane by the Sixers for wanting an All-Star player back for someone with this resume:
    3× NBA All-Star (2019–2021)
    All-NBA Third Team (2020)
    2× NBA All-Defensive First Team (2020, 2021)
    NBA Rookie of the Year (2018)
    NBA All-Rookie First Team (2018)
    NBA steals leader (2020)
    If you stripped the name and said there's a player with that resume available, fans would be wanting to throw stuff at that.

    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I think he will be in a 76ers uniform as well. I would say just cross fingers and toes that he is willing to shoot/attack in year 6.

    We all just seen what a guy very similar to him just accomplished. The key difference is they need to swap out Ben's bullmastiff brain for a pit bull brain.
    He still holds value and I think it's about coming to the right deal. Like I've mentioned there's no rush to send him out because the grouping does work in the regular season. Using that knowledge they can sit for a little bit and wait some for it. Yea, there's going to be a breaking point that something needs to happen; but it's not there yet.

    If what Danny Green said is true about it not being Ben's unable to do things, that it's he's afraid to fail so he just doesn't even try, someone has to be able to make him hit the "I don't give a ****" button. Giannis, for all his good games, puts in his fair share of stinkers. The difference is even though Giannis's 3pt% and FT% was never good, and actually regressing, he just keeps doing it.

  15. #720
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    66,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    The guy is like afraid to shoot or afraid to attack the basket. What definitely would help is if Simmons were to out on more muscle.
    Uh......what?

Page 48 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •