Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    FVV and Loery for Simmons.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    So what? Does that mean every team should trade the 8th pick every year?

You’re argument is that players picked at 8 usually don’t turn out great. And your trade idea is to trade 8 for sexton who was himself picked at 8. How are you not seeing the irony in that?

I can agree to disagree. Sexton does nothing for the Magics rebuild. He is not the type of player you build around really.
    I never said that every team with the #8 pick should trade it, I said that Orlando should trade this years #8 pick for Sexton if available. I will say that any team who ends up with the #8 pick and has a chance to get a 22 year old that just put up a 24/4/3 season on NBA efficient #s should do it. Odds and history are overwhelming that they're gonna get dud at #8.

But we can agree to disagree, just wanted to make clear that I never said that every team picking #8 should trade it.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I have the perfect 4 team trade.

76ers get: Lowry (sign and trade), Hield, McCollum, and Covington.

Kings get: Simmons

Raptors get: Bagley, Thybulle, Hill (he is non guaranteed so could be waived), #28, and a future first from the Kings

Blazers get: Harris, Curry, Milton, #9, and a future first from the Kings and a future first from the 76ers
    I don't hate it but I don't love it either.

Interesting rumor floating around Philly now is that there's a good chance Danny Green is going to be a S&T candidate. I think he could be part of making something happen.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I never said that every team with the #8 pick should trade it, I said that Orlando should trade this years #8 pick for Sexton if available. I will say that any team who ends up with the #8 pick and has a chance to get a 22 year old that just put up a 24/4/3 season on NBA efficient #s should do it. Odds and history are overwhelming that they're gonna get dud at #8.

But we can agree to disagree, just wanted to make clear that I never said that every team picking #8 should trade it.
    right but I pointed out to you that this years draft class is going to be a good one. There are players available at 8 I would rather have than Sexton. Guys like Kuminga, Barnes, Mitchell etc.

Sextons numbers look good but they are inflated. He isn't a pass first minded point guard, he is more of a combo guard who looks for his shot, sort of in the mold of a Lou Williams or Jamal Crawford. He could def help a team that's trying to compete right now. But if a rebuilding team like the Cavs have concluded he is not a main piece to build around, I don't know how he would make a difference for a team like the Magic who are in the same boat as Cleveland.

Anyways no biggy. I honestly dont care what the Magic or Cavs do. Lets revisit this when either team is relevant and save our selves the hassle
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 07-16-2021 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I mean. I don’t blame you but some of these writers are pure outright click bating and jumping on the extreme hate train. If that Pacers deal has Warren and Lamb, with 13 and Brogdon; I consider that the floor. Yet every beat writing bloggah with an audience is doing the “fine, you don’t want that, here’s worse.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What establishes the Pacers "offer" as more legitimate than others? Because you like the idea better?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I know that offer is too funny to take seriously but if it was ever on the table, Sixers would immediately jumps on it before Webster realized what a grave mistake he had done and is let go. We get your entire starting backcourt for a hack-a-ben would be a done deal for Morey as long as Lowry agrees to a sign n trade favorable to our cap. FVV is also a playmaker who holds the franchise scoring record which included 11 3s would stretch the floor even better than Seth can as he'll go back to the 2nd unit.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....r-stats?espv=1

Only way I would turn this down is if Dames wants to play here.

I don't hate it but I don't love it either.

Interesting rumor floating around Philly now is that there's a good chance Danny Green is going to be a S&T candidate. I think he could be part of making something happen.
    I'm not surprised. I can definitely see Green moving in a S&T

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    When he fetches 1/2 of what you expect it’s going to be tricky kissing Morley’s *** and justifying the deal.

Lolm

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    right but I pointed out to you that this years draft class is going to be a good one. There are players available at 8 I would rather have than Sexton. Guys like Kuminga, Barnes, Mitchell etc.

Sextons numbers look good but they are inflated. He isn't a pass first minded point guard, he is more of a combo guard who looks for his shot, sort of in the mold of a Lou Williams or Jamal Crawford. He could def help a team that's trying to compete right now. But if a rebuilding team like the Cavs have concluded he is not a main piece to build around, I don't know how he would make a difference for a team like the Magic who are in the same boat as Cleveland.

Anyways no biggy. I honestly dont care what the Magic or Cavs do. Lets revisit this when either team is relevant and save our selves the hassle
    I'm a Lakers fan till I die but I'm also an NBA fan. Not into superteams, I like to see small market teams do well. I get nothing from watching a superteam beating a "meh" team.

I say this because when I talk about other teams and topics that have absolutely nothing to do with my Lakers, it's from a totally unbiased position. I actually do care to a small degree what every team does, I like to see teams do well all the way until they play my Lakers in the play-offs.

I don't care enough though to where I'm gonna get mad and start name calling like some tend to do lol. Anyways, cheers to you to.

**** Just to note though, my drink is a root beer - I've been sober for 5 years
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

Although I have said it and would say it again:
    Siakam for Simmons straight up makes a ton of sense.

You should be banned for writing this.

Lowry on OG for Ben and Hill?

This too

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    You’ve gone off the deep end.

You guys remember how at the TDL everyone was saying Lowry was getting dealt and I made fun of all you? Well, these Lowry S&T talks for Simmons are almost as dumb. Simmons is the last thing the Raps need.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I have the perfect 4 team trade.

76ers get: Lowry (sign and trade), Hield, McCollum, and Covington.

Kings get: Simmons

Raptors get: Bagley, Thybulle, Hill (he is non guaranteed so could be waived), #28, and a future first from the Kings

Blazers get: Harris, Curry, Milton, #9, and a future first from the Kings and a future first from the 76ers
    Why on earth would the Kings do this? Fox and Simmons on the floor together is not a good fit

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    Why on earth would the Kings do this? Fox and Simmons on the floor together is not a good fit
    They were just a rumored suitor. Rumor was Hield, 3 first round picks and Bagley or Halliburton as the base.

Page 42 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast