Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 119 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2590
  1. #1771
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    66,880
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I think the players he is hoping for are legitimate superstars like Dame and probably Beal. What other players do you think are reasonably available that he'd trade Simmons for?
    So this is my biggest reason that I think Simmons hasn't been dealt yet. There's really no one available. Other than the same packages that have been shopped to a bunch of teams (Hield/Bagley; Sexton+; Beasley+) there really hasn't been the big shake up that everyone thought at the start of the offseason.

    As the offseason started, there were rumors Dame would ask out, Beal would ask out, Lowrey was tied to a bunch of teams and turned out to be a lie, there was something out there that SGA could be on the move, there was a rumor LaVine could be on the move. All of that turned out to not come to fruition.

    So when you combine the fact that no one came available along with the fact that packages available were widely shopped it shouldn't be a shock a deal didn't get done. I know there's going to be a ton of comments like yours about not feeling sorry for us or his value can only get lower. But his value is already at it's lowest. What's gonna help now is exactly what's going on right now. Wait for the season to start, wait for a team to get desperate or worse, have an injury, and then go from there. Kinda easy to tell that's where this was gonna go with no deal done at the start of FA.

  2. #1772
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    61,607

    Trade destinations for Ben Simmons

    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I think the players he is hoping for are legitimate superstars like Dame and probably Beal. What other players do you think are reasonably available that he'd trade Simmons for?
    I donít know who he will make the deal for. He should make the deal for Collin Sexton or Malcom Brogdon. Both are upgrades and ball handlers that are either improving or likely to play at their current level for a good while.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  3. #1773
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,417
    Just trade Simmons already and be done with it

    Why not trade him to the Spurs and put him with Pop?

    Give Simmons the keys in San Antonio and be done with it

  4. #1774
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,196
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I see a problem with that. Essentially a player can sign a super max deal. Then force his way out to a team that he wants to play for and the team who originally signed him has to take back what they offer? If I'm Portland's GM and don't want no part of Simmons what would be the solution? Im not saying that you're wrong but I do think its pretty unfair to the team thats losing a super star under contract for 4 years and then having to take back a player you may not even want. Kind of ridiculous

    So right now Simmons is demanding out and prefers california teams, does that mean that Philly should only explore trades with teams in Cali? It sorta goes both ways doesnt it.
    The Simmons thing is a little different, but with guys like Lillard, AD and Harden, teams have had chances to build around them. I get it isn't easy just to build the right team, especially in markets like Portland or New Orleans, but Lillard has been in Portland 9 years. They've had chances to build around him and they haven't been good at it. Like at some point, it's hard to blame a guy for demanding out and wanting to go to a decent situation.

  5. #1775
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,196
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    So this is my biggest reason that I think Simmons hasn't been dealt yet. There's really no one available. Other than the same packages that have been shopped to a bunch of teams (Hield/Bagley; Sexton+; Beasley+) there really hasn't been the big shake up that everyone thought at the start of the offseason.

    As the offseason started, there were rumors Dame would ask out, Beal would ask out, Lowrey was tied to a bunch of teams and turned out to be a lie, there was something out there that SGA could be on the move, there was a rumor LaVine could be on the move. All of that turned out to not come to fruition.

    So when you combine the fact that no one came available along with the fact that packages available were widely shopped it shouldn't be a shock a deal didn't get done. I know there's going to be a ton of comments like yours about not feeling sorry for us or his value can only get lower. But his value is already at it's lowest. What's gonna help now is exactly what's going on right now. Wait for the season to start, wait for a team to get desperate or worse, have an injury, and then go from there. Kinda easy to tell that's where this was gonna go with no deal done at the start of FA.
    I would agree with that mostly. I do wonder if Morey overplayed his hand early and if the offers were better pre-draft, but then teams maneuvered a bit and went different directions. But we just don't know the actual offers, so it's hard to say.

    But yea, at this point waiting seems to be a decent idea. The season may start and a team like Minnesota might find that they stink defensively and Edwards and KAT need to be the focal points of the offense and they may decide DLo is expendable as he's taking shots from those guys and may modify their offer.

    Or the kings are 6-14 after 20 games again and realize their collection of guards just isn't going to do it so they decide to try moving on from Fox.

    Or it's possible no one makes a move and they're stuck with him for current or worse offers. Who knows. There's some risk, but I see some logic in waiting assuming the offers aren't great right now.

  6. #1776
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,231
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I think the players he is hoping for are legitimate superstars like Dame and probably Beal. What other players do you think are reasonably available that he'd trade Simmons for?
    I don't think any are. Really all off-season, as a Warriors fan, there has been non-stop talk about "trading for a star", and all off-season I've been saying the same thing ... there really weren't any game changing stars available, and the closest one out there was Simmons and his value is largely based on what a team thinks they can get out of him after a trade.

    Next year Harden, Beal, Kyrie, and LaVine are all probably going to be "on the market" but realistically only Beal is going to have a chance to move, but in all 4 cases it's going to be up to the player if they want to stay where they are or not, and it seems unlikely any will move as straight free agent moves. And since a S&T hard caps any team over the apron and all of them theoretically want to be on super teams that are likely over the apron it's fairly unlikely any of them change teams.

    So that brings us back to either Morey lowers his demands or Simmons and Doc make some significant changes that change Simmons market value.

  7. #1777
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    118,889
    if you think he is waiting on lillard you are delusional... he is waiting on a star which he very well should. Its called doing his job.... He is going to trade simmons for 50 cent on the dollar nor should he considering ben has 4 more years of control. He tried to trade him for harden remmeber?

  8. #1778
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,535
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    The Simmons thing is a little different, but with guys like Lillard, AD and Harden, teams have had chances to build around them. I get it isn't easy just to build the right team, especially in markets like Portland or New Orleans, but Lillard has been in Portland 9 years. They've had chances to build around him and they haven't been good at it. Like at some point, it's hard to blame a guy for demanding out and wanting to go to a decent situation.
    I understand but maybe Iím different. If any player wanted a trade off my team I would ship him where I found the best deal. Especially if Iím a small market team and not a free agent destination anyways. I look at it like you signed the contract, you want out. Iíll accommodate you, but with my teams interest first. Because thatís my job. Not to make an un happy star happy by sending him to his preferred destination and taking players back I donít want.

    Now all of this is being said under the assumption that Philly is Dames first choice. I think heíll have a bunch of teams on the list if and when he does want out.

    Realistically I think Dame gives this year a chance with a full season of Norm, Nance Jr, a healthy CJ etc. Theyíre team actually does not look bad on paper. They could make some noise if health permits this year.

  9. #1779
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,417
    Which is why if you trade Simmons to any of these teams such as: Spurs, Timberwolves, Cavaliers, Thunder, Grizzlies or Pelicans then any one of those situations for Simmons are probably the most ideal

  10. #1780
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Which is why if you trade Simmons to any of these teams such as: Spurs, Timberwolves, Cavaliers, Thunder, Grizzlies or Pelicans then any one of those situations for Simmons are probably the most ideal
    6 teams, none on the west coast (where he said he wanted to go supposedly), and all 6 are "the most ideal"? How is 1/5th of the NBA equally ideal?

  11. #1781
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,196
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I understand but maybe Iím different. If any player wanted a trade off my team I would ship him where I found the best deal. Especially if Iím a small market team and not a free agent destination anyways. I look at it like you signed the contract, you want out. Iíll accommodate you, but with my teams interest first. Because thatís my job. Not to make an un happy star happy by sending him to his preferred destination and taking players back I donít want.

    Now all of this is being said under the assumption that Philly is Dames first choice. I think heíll have a bunch of teams on the list if and when he does want out.

    Realistically I think Dame gives this year a chance with a full season of Norm, Nance Jr, a healthy CJ etc. Theyíre team actually does not look bad on paper. They could make some noise if health permits this year.
    Its a players league. And it's not even just stars that sign max deals or huge deals. Or if you do hit on picks and get good again, you're competing to mid level exception guys and all that stuff. If you're a GM, unless you are super, super respected, not at least considering or trying to fulfill your star's wish is a death wish on yourself.

    I don't think Simmons is that type of player yet. But if a guy like Dame comes out and demands a trade and gives you a few acceptable spots, you better try fairly hard at getting him to one of those spots. Because there's alot of people around the league, both players and agents, who will take note of that. If that's how you treat the guy who's been your best player and the face of the franchise for 9 years, then how are they going to treat me or my client?

  12. #1782
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,930
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    if you think he is waiting on lillard you are delusional... he is waiting on a star which he very well should. Its called doing his job.... He is going to trade simmons for 50 cent on the dollar nor should he considering ben has 4 more years of control. He tried to trade him for harden remmeber?
    I think right now itís the opposite effect, heís not trading Simmons for 50 cents on the dollar, heís trying to trade him far above market value. Heís not worth a star. Heís overrating Simmons value.

  13. #1783
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,535
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Its a players league. And it's not even just stars that sign max deals or huge deals. Or if you do hit on picks and get good again, you're competing to mid level exception guys and all that stuff. If you're a GM, unless you are super, super respected, not at least considering or trying to fulfill your star's wish is a death wish on yourself.

    I don't think Simmons is that type of player yet. But if a guy like Dame comes out and demands a trade and gives you a few acceptable spots, you better try fairly hard at getting him to one of those spots. Because there's alot of people around the league, both players and agents, who will take note of that. If that's how you treat the guy who's been your best player and the face of the franchise for 9 years, then how are they going to treat me or my client?
    I donít think itís that simple. Look at how messy the Davis situation got. Look at how messy the Simmons situation is. If it was just a matter of trading him to the team he wants to go to I think weíd already seen a trade come to fruition. (Where it pertains to Simmons)

    In any case I donít think Dame will push his way out this year so this is all likely a moot point. I think he will give this season his all and depending on the outcome he will re evaluate. The team does look better to me on paper. Weíll see if it translates.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 09-17-2021 at 07:31 PM.

  14. #1784
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,389
    Perhaps I overvalue Brogdon, but why the f--k are they not doing that Brogdon + however many future first picks offer from the Pacers?
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

  15. #1785
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Posts
    7,718
    I am a Wolves fan I just want to hear some unbiassed opinions. It sounds like the Wolves would hesitently move Russel for Simmons if the 6ers were interested, but they are not. Considering everything, would you rather have:
    1) Beasley, PBev, McDaniels and the Wolves first round picks/pick swaps or
    2) Sexton, Rubio, Okoro and the Cleveland first round picks/pick swaps?

    I would say that in a vacuum I would prefer the Cleveland package, however Beasley has 3 years left on his contract at a reasonable price(I would even say good/great price) for what he brings with the last year being a team option, while Sexton will need a new contract after this season that will likely run north of $25 million/per. The picks from Cleveland will likely be better(at least I hope so as a Wolves fan) if they get Simmons than if the Wolves do.


    PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

    a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •