Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 176 of 176 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 2640
  1. #2626
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,544
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I was wondering how this would work. Is suspending him without it due to conduct detrimental to the team essentially the same financial loss as him not reporting?
    Iím pretty sure suspensions come with fines, but not reporting I think would results in loss of salary for every game he misses. I could be wrong though.

  2. #2627
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,544
    Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    Yep, no one is gonna give up a bunch of assets for someone like that. Whoís to say he wonít behave the same way with his new team in a couple years? As a Bulls fan thereís no way in hell Iíd trade a player like Lavine for him considering the dedication heís put in to becoming great and being a true professional. Iím sure fans of other teams feel the same about their best player who Philly would want back. Simmons has royally ****ed himself and the organization.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If he gets traded to a team he doesnít want to be on he may play nice for a while, but ultimately the same immature stuff will resurface imo. This is someone who acts out when he doesnít get his way.

  3. #2628
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    17,364
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Who is a bigger idiot Kyrie or Simmons? Both of these guys my god. I will say Simmons is doing an excellent job of trying to rush that process along. Not great for the 76ers but they weren't going to get equal value for Simmons anyways.
    Simmons is worse. He's literally like a child.

  4. #2629
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,244
    Remember just a few months ago when people were saying CJ McCollum or Pascal Siakam would be a fair trade for Simmons?

    Mega lolz

  5. #2630
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    44,136
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Remember just a few months ago when people were saying CJ McCollum or Pascal Siakam would be a fair trade for Simmons?

    Mega lolz
    A few months ago he wasnít publicly acting like a little *****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  6. #2631
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    44,136
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    If he gets traded to a team he doesnít want to be on he may play nice for a while, but ultimately the same immature stuff will resurface imo. This is someone who acts out when he doesnít get his way.
    I think he wants to be anywhere but the Sixers right now.

    But I also wouldnít be surprised if stuff comes out that he only wants a trade to a select few teams and wonít report to a different team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  7. #2632
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    44,136
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Iím pretty sure suspensions come with fines, but not reporting I think would results in loss of salary for every game he misses. I could be wrong though.
    Well thereís this

    https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...431067138?s=21

    Obviously less than his salary but figured thatíll come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  8. #2633
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,433
    Trade him to a place no one excepts him to be at and to a place he doesn't want and then let's see if he continues said same behavior

  9. #2634
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    61,628

    Trade destinations for Ben Simmons

    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Remember just a few months ago when people were saying CJ McCollum or Pascal Siakam would be a fair trade for Simmons?

    Mega lolz
    I donít think they could have landed either guy. Both those teams are well run. even without acting out these people are insiders and I think teams with good evaluators donít see Ben as a true cornerstone. He is a pretty good fit for the Blazers so that one is more possible imo

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  10. #2635
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    17,364
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Are you for Collin Sexton/Kevin Love yet?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    At this point he's not even worth that because there's no guarantee he wants to play for Cleveland or he won't repeat this same behavior. I don't feel I'm overreacting by saying that Simmons is radioactive right now. No GM should be sticking their neck out by offering anything of value.

    I'm sure the offers have gone to "salary dump" tier at this point.

  11. #2636
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    17,364

    Shots fired!

    "At this point I don't care about that man honestly," Embiid said of Simmons. "He does whatever he wants. That's not my job. ... I'm only focused on trying to make the team better, win some games, play hard every night, and try to lead the guys that we have here, and I'm sure they feel the same way because our chemistry has been excellent despite everything that's been happening for the last few months. So like I said, I don't really care."

    Embiid also made it clear he's not interested in being a babysitter.

    "At the end of the day, our job is not to babysit somebody," Embiid added. "We get paid to produce on the court, play hard, win some games, that's all we get paid for. We don't get paid to come out here and try to babysit somebody. That's not our job and I'm sure my teammates feel that way."

    https://twitter.com/NBCSPhilly/statu...730711047?s=20


  12. #2637
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,433
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    "At this point I don't care about that man honestly," Embiid said of Simmons. "He does whatever he wants. That's not my job. ... I'm only focused on trying to make the team better, win some games, play hard every night, and try to lead the guys that we have here, and I'm sure they feel the same way because our chemistry has been excellent despite everything that's been happening for the last few months. So like I said, I don't really care."

    Embiid also made it clear he's not interested in being a babysitter.

    "At the end of the day, our job is not to babysit somebody," Embiid added. "We get paid to produce on the court, play hard, win some games, that's all we get paid for. We don't get paid to come out here and try to babysit somebody. That's not our job and I'm sure my teammates feel that way."

    https://twitter.com/NBCSPhilly/statu...730711047?s=20

    Major shots fired...if I'm Embiid, I go to the organization myself and tell them you either get Ben the hell up out of Philly now or you trade me out of here because there's no way I'm putting up with him anymore

  13. #2638
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,244
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    A few months ago he wasnít publicly acting like a little *****.
    What are you talking about? Heís been afraid to take jumpers ever since day 1. Heís always been a little ***** on the court so why is everyone so surprised about his actions off the court?

  14. #2639
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,428
    Trade this jerk to the Magic for a second rounder and be done with it. Subtraction of this goof is better than anything heíd bring back in a trade.

  15. #2640
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,244
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I donít think they could have landed either guy. Both those teams are well run. even without acting out these people are insiders and I think teams with good evaluators donít see Ben as a true cornerstone. He is a pretty good fit for the Blazers so that one is more possible imo

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iím one of the few that loves the pairing of CJ and Dame. I get how Simmonsí D could be a good fit in Portland but on the flip side, itíd be much easier to double up on Dame with no CJ.

    At the end of the day Portlandís problem is they never have enough bodies. Every year they have a great starting 5 along with a horrendous 2nd unit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •