Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 168 of 173 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 2581
    Kyrie & Ben are gonna join the Big3. Their team will be called the "Anti-Shots" .... The name has a very fitting double meaning. They had Wiggins as their 3rd man but he bailed on them. lol

Trade destinations for Ben Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    If I were a team with no direction (Cleveland) has a selfless star and wants to get there (Minnesota) then yeaÖ.they should want him even with those flaws.

You said it yourself. Benís a really damn good regular season player and can take you to the playoffs. So if thatís something you havenít done in a while? Get the player then work on getting further from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I donít think he is likely be the best player on a playoff team. Maybe with a perfectly constructed roster. I donít think he is turning a team with limited shooting like the Cavs a playoff team. Who is the worst best player on a playoff team?

Last edited by ewing; 10-13-2021 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I donít think he is likely be the best player on a playoff team. Maybe with a perfectly constructed roster. I donít think he is turning a team with limited shooting like the Cavs a playoff team. Who is the worst best player on a playoff team?

I think in the East it's possible. 2020 saw a Sabonis lead Pacers team, and Vucevic lead Magic team make the postseason. He's certainly as impactful if not more impactful than both of those guys in the regular season.

Take Ben's *** to Cleveland and he can be the "franchise guy" the #1 option of that franchise. Cavs haven't been relevant since LeBron, Kyrie and Kevin Love so by them gettin Ben Simmons they easily become relevant once again.

Put Simmons with Garland, Okoro and Mobley...they would be a young team but a team that people would love to watch especially if you center the offense around Ben in Cleveland

Do you disagree with the notion that the Sixers can both make the playoffs and advance with or without him but likely wonít win a title or make the finals either way? If not you should stop acting there season depends on him bc it doesnít.

In an improved East, yes, I do think its going to be difficult for Philly to advance if they literally get nothing from Simmons. I think most would argue Milwuakee and Brooklyn would be favored over them no matter what. Atlanta beat them last year with Simmons. Miami is probably better. So there's 4 Ted already who have a very real shot of beating Philly in the playoffs. And that says nothing of Chicago, Boston, NYK or Indy, who could all be pretty decent and I wouldnt be shocked if one or two of those teams are better than Philly minus Simmons.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    In an improved East, yes, I do think its going to be difficult for Philly to advance if they literally get nothing from Simmons. I think most would argue Milwuakee and Brooklyn would be favored over them no matter what. Atlanta beat them last year with Simmons. Miami is probably better. So there's 4 Ted already who have a very real shot of beating Philly in the playoffs. And that says nothing of Chicago, Boston, NYK or Indy, who could all be pretty decent and I wouldnt be shocked if one or two of those teams are better than Philly minus Simmons.

Simmons didnít help Philly against the Hawks and Joel was on one leg by the end of the series. Those are good teams that would have shot against Philly with or without Ben.
    Last edited by ewing; 10-13-2021 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    I think in the East it's possible. 2020 saw a Sabonis lead Pacers team, and Vucevic lead Magic team make the postseason. He's certainly as impactful if not more impactful than both of those guys in the regular season.
    I donít think to. Sabonis is a stud. Duded averaged 20,13, and 7 last year. Take Sabonis off the team and add Simmonsz. Do you think they are any good?

I donít think to. Sabonis is a stud. Duded averaged 20,13, and 7 last year. Take Sabonis off the team and add Simmonsz. Do you think they are any good?

I mean, that Indy team is a pretty darn good fit for Simmons if you swap out him for sabonis. Brogdan, Lavert, Warren (or McDermott) and Turner is a pretty good bunch around Simmons. That's pretty comfortably a playoff team in my mind.

I mean, that Indy team is a pretty darn good fit for Simmons if you swap out him for sabonis. Brogdan, Lavert, Warren (or McDermott) and Turner is a pretty good bunch around Simmons. That's pretty comfortably a playoff team in my mind.
    I don't see a really high value as another GM. This problem with Simmons is so multi-layered. Maybe a couple years ago he could play the Jason Kidd's Nets role and be the best player on a contending team without being the goto scorer, but not in today's league.

In today's NBA if Simmons is your best player, I think it would be hard since he seems like a terrible leader. So, not only do you need the perfect roster composition, you need a team that already has a leader on the floor. Next, a problem is what Philly is looking for if they are moving on from Simmons. The 76ers would be leaching the shooters in any trade, the very thing that would make a Simmons run team workable. Lastly, it complicates roster construction because it's established he can't be the lead scorer, so as a GM looking to bring in a lead scorer you have to worry if Simmons will turn butthurt again in case he feels less important.

I think all of this spells why offers have been underwhelming. If I could buy Simmons really low and my team has sucked for a really long time (Kings, Wolves, etc.) I clearly have nothing to lose. Any playoff team or team giving up a top 30 player I can't take the risk, sorry.

According to the Jake Fisher report many teams disagree.

Reading that I think something became quite evident to me. Ben wants out because heís jealous of the attention Embiid gets and the way Embiid is seen as the savior of the franchise. I think thatís why he didnít try hard to fit and why he wants out. He wants to be seen as someone saving a franchise and the straw that stirs the drink.

And if you are a franchise without the cornerstone playerÖ.Iíd be in on him.

That was the team last year and I still think they date worse

Like I said put Ben in Cleveland or y'all can trade him to the Spurs. Put him in San Antonio with Pop.

Mcbuckets is a spur now.

But I agree I think the Pacers would be a good fit for Simmons.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Mcbuckets is a spur now.

But I agree I think the Pacers would be a good fit for Simmons.
    Sixers arenít interested in the Murray/Walker package.

Sixers arenít interested in the Murray/Walker package.

I was talking about the pacers.

but to your point, I think a Murray/Walker package would actually be nice for Philly. I like Murray.