Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 171 of 215 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 3218
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Honest question:
    How many more steps can Tatum take?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Plenty. The playmaking component still needs some development, and he can get better at finishing through contact. This could potentially be the season that we see him embrace more of a point forward role, which would give him opportunity to make that playmaking leap.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Supposedly Simmons was trying to fake covid to get out of game 7 against the Hawks.
    Sad

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Collin Sexton isnít any wonít be making 35-40 on his next contract and Ben Simmons isnít a number 2 on offense

But he doesn't need to be a number 2 on offense. He's arguably the best perimeter defender in the league, can guard almost every position, is a good rebounder and a good oasser. Yes, scoring the ball is the most important trait in the NBA, as good offense trumps good defense.

Not saying they are the same player by any means but Tim Duncan is considered one of the greatest power forwards of all time and he rarely put up monster scoring seasons. But he was hyper efficient, anchored a very good defense and was an elite rebounder. Garnett was the 2md most important celtic when he arrived. In year 1 he scored 18, and then was under 16 every year after that. Jason Kidd's career high was 18.7 and every other season he was under 17 per game. The idea that you need to consistently be a high volume scorer to be a top 2 player on a good team just isn't true.

There's more to basketball than just scoring the basketball individually. And when you get a guy like Simmons who can do alot of the other things well, at a unique size that makes him fairly positionally versatile, it allows you to acquire guys who are score first guys.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    But he doesn't need to be a number 2 on offense. He's arguably the best perimeter defender in the league, can guard almost every position, is a good rebounder and a good oasser. Yes, scoring the ball is the most important trait in the NBA, as good offense trumps good defense.

Not saying they are the same player by any means but Tim Duncan is considered one of the greatest power forwards of all time and he rarely put up monster scoring seasons. But he was hyper efficient, anchored a very good defense and was an elite rebounder. Garnett was the 2md most important celtic when he arrived. In year 1 he scored 18, and then was under 16 every year after that. Jason Kidd's career high was 18.7 and every other season he was under 17 per game. The idea that you need to consistently be a high volume scorer to be a top 2 player on a good team just isn't true.

There's more to basketball than just scoring the basketball individually. And when you get a guy like Simmons who can do alot of the other things well, at a unique size that makes him fairly positionally versatile, it allows you to acquire guys who are score first guys.
    I thought your first comparison was bad. These take the cake

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I actually think Kemba will have a bounce back year. I also think Fournier was a solid pick up for the Knicks. And with a healthy Robinson, I think the Knicks will def be better.

The bulls adding Ball, Derozan, Caruso will for sure be better.

The Pacers will be better simply by being healthier.

The Bucks donít need to be better they are already great

The Nets, I have them among the favs to winning the ship this year

Miami adding Lowry and having a healthy Butler will be better too. I donít see how anyone doesnít think those team didnít improve.
    I guess other teams won't be as good but you can't forget about the Atlanta Hawks too. But the Raptors surely will be in that play in position again just like they were last year. Same goes for the Hornets.

I thought your first comparison was bad. These take the cake

Literally never said he was those guys. Specifically said he's a different player. But those are hall of famers who didn't put up monster scoring numbers.

Simmons best season was 17/9/8. We know he's an All NBA caliber defender. If you don't think that can be a top 3 player on a good team, I don't know what to tell you.

And if there's any improvement, we could be looking at 19/20 points, 8-10 assists and 8-10 boards per game while playing elite defense. And yet people think that's not valuable because he's not a guy you throw it into with 8 seconds left and say get me a bucket.

There's clearly some confidence issues with Simmons. He's a bad shooter and bad free throw shooter. I've said for years i highly doubt he becomes even a decent shooter. He shoots over 60% from the line in the regular season. That's bad, but stomachable. If he can shoot that in the playoffs, that's huge. And he at least needs to try to shoot a few outside shots. I don't expect him to shoot 35%, but even if he shoots 30%, it might make a team think just a little.

The only team on that list that didnít really improve is Boston. But if Brown is healthy and Tatum takes another step I can see them having a better season.

And The Bucks will be better simply with continuity.

An argument can be made that the Nets will be better off with out the giant distraction that is Kyrie. With a healthy Durant and Harden theyíll always have a punchers chance. So long as those two are healthy theyíre gonna make a run this year.
    The Bucks were very healthy last year, that's not likely to happen again to that level, and they did lose some players as every team does. Also one reason teams tend to not repeat is that a long season with maximum effort is usually followed by at least a slight dip in performance.

I'm not sold that the Nets are a well built team behind the (now) 2 superstars. They were good last year, I think they'll be good this year, but better I'm not sure.

I actually think Kemba will have a bounce back year. I also think Fournier was a solid pick up for the Knicks. And with a healthy Robinson, I think the Knicks will def be better.

The bulls adding Ball, Derozan, Caruso will for sure be better.

The Pacers will be better simply by being healthier.

The Bucks donít need to be better they are already great

The Nets, I have them among the favs to winning the ship this year

Miami adding Lowry and having a healthy Butler will be better too. I donít see how anyone doesnít think those team didnít improve.
    I don't assume better health, nor that adding older free agents will necessarily result in a significantly better record. I'm reserving judgement until they have actually played games that matter.

I'm not at all sure the Lakers are going to be better this year than last, but they sure added a lot of names to their roster.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Literally never said he was those guys. Specifically said he's a different player. But those are hall of famers who didn't put up monster scoring numbers.

Simmons best season was 17/9/8. We know he's an All NBA caliber defender. If you don't think that can be a top 3 player on a good team, I don't know what to tell you.

And if there's any improvement, we could be looking at 19/20 points, 8-10 assists and 8-10 boards per game while playing elite defense. And yet people think that's not valuable because he's not a guy you throw it into with 8 seconds left and say get me a bucket.

There's clearly some confidence issues with Simmons. He's a bad shooter and bad free throw shooter. I've said for years i highly doubt he becomes even a decent shooter. He shoots over 60% from the line in the regular season. That's bad, but stomachable. If he can shoot that in the playoffs, that's huge. And he at least needs to try to shoot a few outside shots. I don't expect him to shoot 35%, but even if he shoots 30%, it might make a team think just a little.
    Heís a good role player and can be the 3rd best player on a good team.

Agree with all except the "role player" title. But I think the problem is Philly has two of those, and they're both making more than Embiid.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Agree with all except the "role player" title. But I think the problem is Philly has two of those, and they're both making more than Embiid.
    wait are they both really making more than joel?

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The Bucks were very healthy last year, that's not likely to happen again to that level, and they did lose some players as every team does. Also one reason teams tend to not repeat is that a long season with maximum effort is usually followed by at least a slight dip in performance.

I'm not sold that the Nets are a well built team behind the (now) 2 superstars. They were good last year, I think they'll be good this year, but better I'm not sure.
    Giannis and Jrue both missed 10+ games last year. The bucks lost a starter for the entire playoffs in the first series. The bucks were healthier than alot of teams last year because it was a terrible year for injuries, but I'd hardly say they were healthy.

Trade destinations for Ben Simmons

We had a good bit of talk about Collin in this thread. Here is an interesting Larry Nance quote on Collin Sexton story

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...tm_name=iossmf

Agreed on his ideal role being the third best player, anything more is too much. He still literally can't close playoff games because of his free throw woes, which for me is a way bigger issue than his lack of 3 point shooter. Until he shoots from the line at a reasonable rate his value will always be capped come postseason.

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    Agreed on his ideal role being the third best player, anything more is too much. He still literally can't close playoff games because of his free throw woes, which for me is a way bigger issue than his lack of 3 point shooter. Until he shoots from the line at a reasonable rate his value will always be capped come postseason.
    That's what Giannis did to succeed.