Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 166 of 215 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 3218
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    What matters is if the two sides can come together and resolve the issues in order to save the season. Which is why I said, this was a good sign before the two Philly posters took that as a negative comment some how.
    This is the line you have a problem with?

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Save the season? Iím sure a healthy Joel can lose in the 2nd round without him. The Sixers donít hinge on Simmons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What I mean by that is to remove the Simmons drama and focus on their season. If they are able to put this behind them and actually have Simmons play, I think its in everyone's best interest rather than have him at home while the media has a field day with this drama all year which will be a distraction.

Ben is a very good regular season player though. Its the playoffs where the wheels fell off.
    So?

The post you quoted was about the season, I was trying to clarify that for you. Because Ben was a big part of the 6ers finishing 1st in the regular season.

I understand that you're being coy. You're basically saying that Philly can do bad all by them selves and dont need Ben. I get it.

But I look at it differently. Ben is the 2nd or 3rd best player on that team. He helped a lot during the season last year and was one of the main reasons Philly was atop of the conference.

He is also on a max salary. You cant convince me that its in the teams best interest for Ben to simply not play. Because it isn't. He takes up a good chunk of their salary space. Its not like if he stays home and forfeits that money, that Philly can use the cap space else where to improve the team. Also if this drama continues in to the season, it will most def have an impact on their season. Hense me saying that its in both their best interest to come to a resolution. Why would Philly want this problem hanging over their heads all season?
    No. Making the playoffs and advancing is doing good. The Sixers can be good w/o Ben Simmons. Their season does not hinge on him. It hinges on Joel and to a lesser extent Tobias. Simmons is back so I guess they will have to try and make it work. He going to be a distraction and at this point, I do not think they are better off for him being with the team. Even before all this, the team had a similar ceiling both with and without Ben Simmons IMO. He'd make them win a couple more regular-season games but they would lose before the final unless Joel averaged a clutch 40 a night.
    I made the point that Simmons would be a distraction weather he joins the team or not, because he will still be apart of the franchise and if this situation is not resolved, the media will be all over it all season long, which def will have an impact on their season.

He was runner up for Dpoy last year. Give credit where its due, he was a huge part of their season. Im guessing you didn't watch the 6ers until the post season, because if you had, you would know Ben had a strong season last year. I don't know how you dispute that.

Also this problem doesn't go away simply by not playing Simmons. Like I said he takes up a good chunk of their salary, and having a max player take up that much money and not play for you is going to be a problem until you find a way to move him.

He is under contract for 4 years. There's two resolutions here. 1 is you trade him. 2 if you cant trade him, you try to resolve the issue and have him rejoin the team. Having him sit at home making between $33-$40 mill over the next 4 years is not a solution. Even if he is forced to forfeit a chunk of that money, it wouldn't open any cap space for the 6ers.
    Here I make the point that Simmons still provides incredible defence and any team could use that including the 76ers. He also has great passing ability and vision. You can give credit where credit is due while also acknowledging that he has a broken shot and shaky confidence shooting the ball. However that doesn't mean he cant improve. If he improves at the free throw line alone, that will go a long way because then he can get to the hole, draw fouls, and convert. That will be much better than to being hesitant to going up for a lay up. Even marginal improvements where shooting is concerned will open the game up for him. I am of the belief that there's only one way up from his playoff performance and that he can improve, even if its marginal.

Do you disagree with the notion that the Sixers can both make the playoffs and advance with or without him but likely wonít win a title or make the finals either way? If not you should stop acting there season depends on him bc it doesnít.

I do disagree with that, because we have no idea if he is able to improve or not. Again I am of the belief that he can improve. If he finds a way to perform the way he has in the regular season vs the post season, that is a drastic improvement in itself. Weve seen him perform well in the regular season, now he has to work hard to translate it to the post season and if he does that, then yes I think he does help there chances in the post season.

The season and the playoffs are two different things. Philly did really well in the regular season and Simmons was a big part of it. If Philly doesn't address this problem one way or another, it will effect their season. Absolutely. I stand by my statement.

You have a very simplistic view of this situation, what I'm understanding is that you're saying Ben doesn't make a difference and that Philly can just have him sit at home. So what about the fact that he is taking up $33 million of caps space while he sits at home? $35 mill next year, $37 mill the following year, and $40 mill on the last year? Again weather he forfeits a good chunk of that money wont matter, because he counts for that much cap space. Philly would have that much money tied to a player they arent going to use? and cant use to get anyone else? how do you not see that as a problem?

He is the DPOY runner up, any team could use that defense. Also you're assuming he will never improve on his flaws. I think he can at least get a little bitter if he was simply willing to drive to the hole more and be more aggressive. I don't ever expect him to be one of the Curry brothers from range, but if he at least improves on his free throws I think that can go a long way.
    It is simplistic. If Joel is healthy they are going to the playoffs. 2nd or 4th seed really doesn't matter. They are likely to get out of the 1st round but unlikely to make the finals either way. If none of this ever happened they would be better with Ben than without. Now I don't know. At this point, he is going to be a major distraction. I think Ben showing up makes it more likely that they will fail this season, he counts against the cap regardless, and they can use him to get someone else while he is at home. IDK are you saying he has no trade value at home? Do you think it can be swept under the rug? I honestly don't even know what you are trying to address in the last paragraph
    The last paragraph was simply to show how he can improve and help the team. And yes I do think that if he rejoins the team that there is a chance they could bury the hatchet. To this day we don't even know what the gripe is, so how can I say there's no chance for them to resolve whatever is wrong?

Point has all along been that its a good sign that the 6ers, Simmons, and his agent are working together for him to rejoin the team. Its good for many reasons. 1 maybe they resolve this issue and it becomes a moot point. 2. maybe they don't resolve the issue but Ben plays, has himself a nice little season and raises his value back up. Either of these options would be better than to have him sit at home.

To answer your question: yes the 6ers are still a good team with out Simmons, but having him at home would be bad asset management and they are better off to try and defuse the situation if they can. Thatís just my opinion.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 10-12-2021 at 06:58 PM.

I think the hatchet is still going to be there always

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I think the hatchet is still going to be there always
    May very well be, but Simmons and his agent have incentive to show good will and rejoin the team. At the same token the 6ers have incentive to have Simmons rejoin the team. It in both their best interest to sorta try to make this work for now at least. Boosting Simmons value will actually help Morey move him and if that's what Simmons really wants then he should suck it up and play.

If he stays home, this thing will continue to get louder and messier. The louder and messier this becomes the harder it will be for Morey to get anything close to fair value for him.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 10-12-2021 at 05:25 PM.

May very well be, but Simmons and his agent have incentive to show good will and rejoin the team. At the same token the 6ers have incentive to have Simmons rejoin the team. It in both their best interest to sorta try to make this work for now at least. Boosting Simmons value will actually help Morey move him and if that's what Simmons really wants then he should suck it up and play.

If he stays home, this thing will continue to get louder and messier. The louder and messier this becomes the harder it will be for Morey to get anything close to fair value for him.
    The 76ers fans will be unforgiving though regardless of how "professional" the team and Simmons try to handle it.

I'm sure he's gotta know that and after 4 years of this, I'd guess that's playing into his desire to leave. Simmons is not that chip on his shoulder type guy to prove people wrong. He's a guy who wants everyone to bow down and worship the ground he walks on. He won't be able to handle the constant boos every time he fails to shoot a wide open shot.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Iím curious. In what way didnít they do a good job from a relationship standpoint?

Thank you. This is what I question. Like wtf else could the Sixers have done to appease him?

The only knock is the attempt to trade him prior to last season but it wasnít like they did and then no takers, it was Harden is available, letís see what kind of deal they want. Guess what, too rich so they kept Simmons.

Simmons has wanted out. Thatís the end of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Iíve heard Dillion Brooks as being a possible trade candidate in a Simmons trade. Worth noting that he just broke his hand and will be reassessed in 2-3 weeks..

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    The 76ers fans will be unforgiving though regardless of how "professional" the team and Simmons try to handle it.

I'm sure he's gotta know that and after 4 years of this, I'd guess that's playing into his desire to leave. Simmons is not that chip on his shoulder type guy to prove people wrong. He's a guy who wants everyone to bow down and worship the ground he walks on. He won't be able to handle the constant boos every time he fails to shoot a wide open shot.
    It has to be expected. You canít refuse to join your team, demand a trade and then expect a warm welcome by the fans. Itís gonna be loud too, Philly fans donít play. But hey he kinda brought it on himself.

Siakam similarly couldnít handle the fans and media bashing him. Thatís gonna happen though, to be in this league you kinda know it comes with the territory. And in this case it really is warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Iíve heard Dillion Brooks as being a possible trade candidate in a Simmons trade. Worth noting that he just broke his hand and will be reassessed in 2-3 weeks..
    Dam that Sucks for Brooks.

Dam that Sucks for Brooks.
    Dillon Brooks playing on the Sixers actually wouldn't be that bad...hell I think Ben Simmons in a place like Memphis especially with Ja Morant would actually be a good fit

Memphis has a good thing going and shouldn't potentially disrupt chemistry.

Unless you trade Ben to places no one would see coming such as:

- Phoenix Suns
    - Oklahoma City Thunder
    - Orlando Magic
    - Boston Celtics
    - Houston Rockets

This is the line you have a problem with?

What I mean by that is to remove the Simmons drama and focus on their season. If they are able to put this behind them and actually have Simmons play, I think its in everyone's best interest rather than have him at home while the media has a field day with this drama all year which will be a distraction.

The post you quoted was about the season, I was trying to clarify that for you. Because Ben was a big part of the 6ers finishing 1st in the regular season.

I made the point that Simmons would be a distraction weather he joins the team or not, because he will still be apart of the franchise and if this situation is not resolved, the media will be all over it all season long, which def will have an impact on their season.

Here I make the point that Simmons still provides incredible defence and any team could use that including the 76ers. He also has great passing ability and vision. You can give credit where credit is due while also acknowledging that he has a broken shot and shaky confidence shooting the ball. However that doesn't mean he cant improve. If he improves at the free throw line alone, that will go a long way because then he can get to the hole, draw fouls, and convert. That will be much better than to being hesitant to going up for a lay up. Even marginal improvements where shooting is concerned will open the game up for him. I am of the belief that there's only one way up from his playoff performance and that he can improve, even if its marginal.

I do disagree with that, because we have no idea if he is able to improve or not. Again I am of the belief that he can improve. If he finds a way to perform the way he has in the regular season vs the post season, that is a drastic improvement in itself. Weve seen him perform well in the regular season, now he has to work hard to translate it to the post season and if he does that, then yes I think he does help there chances in the post season.

The last paragraph was simply to show how he can improve and help the team. And yes I do think that if he rejoins the team that there is a chance they could bury the hatchet. To this day we don't even know what the gripe is, so how can I say there's no chance for them to resolve whatever is wrong?

Point has all along been that its a good sign that the 6ers, Simmons, and his agent are working together for him to rejoin the team. Its good for many reasons. 1 maybe they resolve this issue and it becomes a moot point. 2. maybe they don't resolve the issue but Ben plays, has himself a nice little season and raises his value back up. Either of these options would be better than to have him sit at home.

To answer your question: yes the 6ers are still a good team with out Simmons, but having him at home would be bad asset management and they are better off to try and defuse the situation if they can. Thatís just my opinion.
    He can definitely be a bigger distraction on court then off. If he going to get dealt anyway I donít think it worth the risk to bring him back. His presence among a pissed off group is what could submarine the team

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

He can definitely be a bigger distraction on court then off. If he going to get dealt anyway I donít think it worth the risk to bring him back. His presence among a pissed off group is what could submarine the team
    Makes me wonder if a deal is in the works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Simmons reporting back to the Sixers is truly the worst possible news. That means this dumb **** is gonna drag on even longer. Good god just trade the man and move on