Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 150 of 215 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 3213

Trade destinations for Ben Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Well if Simmons could develop a jump shot, he would basically be LeBron 2.0 or something close enough to that
    No he wouldnít. Hitting open shots would make it so you donít have to play 4 on 5 in the half court. Heíd still be very far from LeBron. As much as a hate LeBron he can drive, pull up, post up etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 10-01-2021 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Well if Simmons could develop a jump shot, he would basically be LeBron 2.0 or something close enough to that
    Simmons either heavily overrated or LeBron heavily underrated here.

Give Simmons a jumper and he instantly is a top 4 player or close? Nah. As much as LeBron deserves a lot of his criticism over team hopping and LeGMing and LeCoachKilling, and pouting mercilessly when he's losing, he's never been this soft hearted to not even be a professional and report to the team, or refuse to even try to shoot.

What legal leg do the Sixers have for withholding payment to Simmons due by contract?
    What has he actually missed justifying an escrow fund for possible future fines?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    What legal leg do the Sixers have for withholding payment to Simmons due by contract?
    What has he actually missed justifying an escrow fund for possible future fines?
    Itís their left leg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Failure to render services. He is not adhering to the conditions of the contract he signed.

Is this a trick question?

The team that should acquire Ben Simmons is the Oklahoma City Thunder. The Philadelphia 76ers desperately want to remain title contenders. They have Joel Embiid in his prime, Daryl Morey as President of Basketball Operations, and Doc Rivers as Head Coach. They are as win now as any team in the league. Obviously OKC is not going to provide the immediate star the Sixers are hoping to acquire for Ben Simmons, but no team in the NBA is going to provide the package the Sixers are hoping for. Not when Simmons is sitting at home refusing to play for the organization and the last time he was seen on the court his inability to shoot the basketball was so degradingly exposed.

Ben Simmons' trade value is at an all time low, but Philadelphia can't afford to move him for role players or bad contracts. The success of Daryl Morey and Doc Rivers is riding on this, Embiid's future is riding on this. The trajectory of the entire Sixers organization is going to be set by this trade. That's why OKC is, in my opinion, the best option. OKC has 19 1st round picks in the next six years, 15 in the next four years, and 12 in the next three. They have four 1st round picks each of the next three years (22-24).

OKC can easily send multiple 1st round picks to the Sixers for Simmons, and that's something that would make sense for both sides. While he would be a gamble for OKC, he's still a four time All Star who just got runner up for DPOY and is still 25 years old. If he gets better at shooting the Thunder would absolutely be getting him on the cheap and he's under contract until July 2025. They could trade him themselves if he rebuilds his trade value, and there is plenty of time for that to still happen.

For the Sixers they would acquire multiple 1st round picks. While that isn't the star they want, they could eventually use those acquired picks to trade for the star they want. Damian Lillard WILL seek a trade from Portland either this February or next offseason. That will happen because there is absolutely no way the Blazers are winning this year, or ever. Bradley Beal will eventually come to realize that he's wasting his career in Washington. Superstar players are going to be available in the next 12 months and Philadelphia can be in a position to team one of them up with Embiid, but they won't be in position to acquire those players if the best they can offer is Ben Simmons, a guy who can't shoot and won't even show up.

As for what exactly OKC would send Philadelphia, I would say three 1st round picks, one 2nd round pick, and a couple young players.

OKC gets: Ben Simmons

Philadelphia gets: Darius Bazley, Ty Jerome, Pistons' 2022 1st round pick (1-16 protected), OKC's 2022 2nd round pick, Wizards' 2023 1st round pick (1-14 protected), and Rockets' 2024 1st round pick (1-4 protected)

While OKC easily has the assets needed to make a run at Lillard or Beal themselves, they would never be able to keep them. Those guys are going to want to go to a situation where they can immediately contend for a championship. OKC is going to have to develop young players into superstars, like they did with KD and Westbrook. OKC would acquire Simmons, pair him with SGA and help him develop a shot. They'll have four years to either rebuild his value to trade him themselves or have him fulfill his potential and be a cornerstone for them for the next decade. They would still have 16 1st round picks in the next six years, 12 in the next four, and nine in the next three.

Philadelphia would acquire multiple 1st round picks, a good 2nd round pick, and a couple young players with upside to help them be ready for when the next superstar player becomes available. On top of what they would acquire here, the Sixers still have all of their own 1st round picks save 2025. When either Lillard or Beal becomes available they would easily be able to put together a package of five or six 1st round picks, as well as have young players available.

Ben Simmons to OKC is best for everyone.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 10-04-2021 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    The team that should acquire Ben Simmons is the Oklahoma City Thunder. The Philadelphia 76ers desperately want to remain title contenders. They have Joel Embiid in his prime, Daryl Morey as President of Basketball Operations, and Doc Rivers as Head Coach. They are as win now as any team in the league. Obviously OKC is not going to provide the immediate star the Sixers are hoping to acquire for Ben Simmons, but no team in the NBA is going to provide the package the Sixers are hoping for. Not when Simmons is sitting at home refusing to play for the organization and the last time he was seen on the court his inability to shoot the basketball was so degradingly exposed.

Ben Simmons' trade value is at an all time low, but Philadelphia can't afford to move him for role players or bad contracts. The success of Daryl Morey and Doc Rivers is riding on this, Embiid's future is riding on this. The trajectory of the entire Sixers organization is going to be set by this trade. That's why OKC is, in my opinion, the best option. OKC has 19 1st round picks in the next six years, 15 in the next four years, and 12 in the next three. They have four 1st round picks each of the next three years (22-24).

OKC can easily send multiple 1st round picks to the Sixers for Simmons, and that's something that would make sense for both sides. While he would be a gamble for OKC, he's still a four time All Star who just got runner up for DPOY and is still 25 years old. If he gets better at shooting the Thunder would absolutely be getting him on the cheap and he's under contract until July 2025. They could trade him themselves if he rebuilds his trade value, and there is plenty of time for that to still happen.

For the Sixers they would acquire multiple 1st round picks. While that isn't the star they want, they could eventually use those acquired picks to trade for the star they want. Damian Lillard WILL seek a trade from Portland either this February or next offseason. That will happen because there is absolutely no way the Blazers are winning this year, or ever. Bradley Beal will eventually come to realize that he's wasting his career in Washington. Superstar players are going to be available in the next 12 months and Philadelphia can be in a position to team one of them up with Embiid, but they won't be in position to acquire those players if the best they can offer is Ben Simmons, a guy who can't shoot and won't even show up.

As for what exactly OKC would send Philadelphia, I would say three 1st round picks, one 2nd round pick, and a couple young players.

OKC gets: Ben Simmons

Philadelphia gets: Darius Bazley, Ty Jerome, Pistons' 2022 1st round pick (1-16 protected), OKC's 2022 2nd round pick, Wizards' 2023 1st round pick (1-14 protected), and Rockets' 2024 1st round pick (1-4 protected)

While OKC easily has the assets needed to make a run at Lillard or Beal themselves, they would never be able to keep them. Those guys are going to want to go to a situation where they can immediately contend for a championship. OKC is going to have to develop young players into superstars, like they did with KD and Westbrook. OKC would acquire Simmons, pair him with SGA and help him develop a shot. They'll have four years to either rebuild his value to trade him themselves or have him fulfill his potential and be a cornerstone for them for the next decade. They would still have 16 1st round picks in the next six years, 12 in the next four, and nine in the next three.

Philadelphia would acquire multiple 1st round picks, a good 2nd round pick, and a couple young players with upside to help them be ready for when the next superstar player becomes available. On top of what they would acquire here, the Sixers still have all of their own 1st round picks save 2025. When either Lillard or Beal becomes available they would easily be able to put together a package of five or six 1st round picks, as well as have young players available.

Ben Simmons to OKC is best for everyone.
    You're right that Simmons value is low, however I dont think draft picks do anything for the 6ers because as you said they are in win now and in compete now mode. Draft picks do nothing to help their efforts.

Simmons value is low but its not a situation where if they cant land a star they will simpy settle for picks. I think they would rather keep Simmons and hope that they can rekindle the situation with him before they trade him for picks. Or they settle for less than a star but a package of players that can help them now. It doesnt necessarily need to be a star or bust.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    You're right that Simmons value is low, however I dont think draft picks do anything for the 6ers because as you said they are in win now and in compete now mode. Draft picks do nothing to help their efforts.

Simmons value is low but its not a situation where if they cant land a star they will simpy settle for picks. I think they would rather keep Simmons and hope that they can rekindle the situation with him before they trade him for picks. Or they settle for less than a star but a package of players that can help them now. It doesnt necessarily need to be a star or bust.
    Yea, clearly they aren't enamored with the offers so far, but I have to imagine there's better offers than a crap ton of picks from okc. I know theoretically Philly could reroute those picks elsewhere, but I don't see a ton of situations currently where there's teams looking to offload a star for a boatload of picks either. It would certainly help the case if someone like Lillard or Beal requests a trade mid season, but trading away Simmons and fairly significantly hindering your team right now with the hopes that a star will become disgruntled would be a very bold choice.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Yea, clearly they aren't enamored with the offers so far, but I have to imagine there's better offers than a crap ton of picks from okc. I know theoretically Philly could reroute those picks elsewhere, but I don't see a ton of situations currently where there's teams looking to offload a star for a boatload of picks either. It would certainly help the case if someone like Lillard or Beal requests a trade mid season, but trading away Simmons and fairly significantly hindering your team right now with the hopes that a star will become disgruntled would be a very bold choice.
    agreed. I think the only thing that OKC has that would make philly pull the trigger is SGA himself.

Also we know that Beal wont push his way out, I dont think Dame will either. These guys are just not built like that. So I wouldnt put all my eggs in those baskets either.

There is always the possibility that a team offers up a package of quality role players, + picks etc which could be an option too. This is just an example but I read that Memphis was shopping Brooks and Kyle Anderson. I can see Philly settling on a deal like that with picks sooner than just trading Simmons for draft compensation.

OKC would be a good destination for Simmons, but there would most definitely need to be a third team to flip all of those picks and young players to for a viable win now player(s). Maybe send all of those assets to the Spurs for Murray and White?

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    agreed. I think the only thing that OKC has that would make philly pull the trigger is SGA himself.

Also we know that Beal wont push his way out, I dont think Dame will either. These guys are just not built like that. So I wouldnt put all my eggs in those baskets either.

There is always the possibility that a team offers up a package of quality role players, + picks etc which could be an option too. This is just an example but I read that Memphis was shopping Brooks and Kyle Anderson. I can see Philly settling on a deal like that with picks sooner than just trading Simmons for draft compensation.
    Agree, I won't say Beal and Dame won't push their way out. Beal has fought through bad years for awhile that it seems unlikely, but there's always a chance they just finally get frustrated. I could also see a situation where the player and the org have a heart to heart and realize it just isn't going to work so they mutually agree its time for the team to rebuild and the player to find a place they have a chance to win. But I agree, those scenarios seem somewhat unlikely that putting all your eggs into thst basket is probably foolish.

Also agree on the role players type deal. I get why they haven't pulled the trigger yet. If the deals aren't great, maybe waiting it out to see if someone really melts down early and decides to blow it up and make a move isn't bad. And I'm sure those Simmons for role players type deals will still be around in a month.

At this point, even if Lillard demands a trade, I doubt the Blazers trade him to Philly for a package around Simmons. It seems they don't view him as highly as Philly or some other teams do and other teams could offer more enticing picks at this point. I think Portland would rather roll with high end lottery picks and draft their next potential building block than to make Simmons that piece.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    At this point, even if Lillard demands a trade, I doubt the Blazers trade him to Philly for a package around Simmons. It seems they don't view him as highly as Philly or some other teams do and other teams could offer more enticing picks at this point. I think Portland would rather roll with high end lottery picks and draft their next potential building block than to make Simmons that piece.
    I think Portland will do everything they can to make Dame happy and arent even looking that far. Their first goal is to keep their guy and continue to compete with him. IF and when he does demand out, theyll cross that bridge when they get there. But right now I think they are motivated to make Dame happy.

Honestly, with a healthy CJ and Nurkic, + the additions of Norm & Nance Jr, I think they make a run this year. I see them as a top 5 team in their conference if injuries dont plague them.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Agree, I won't say Beal and Dame won't push their way out. Beal has fought through bad years for awhile that it seems unlikely, but there's always a chance they just finally get frustrated. I could also see a situation where the player and the org have a heart to heart and realize it just isn't going to work so they mutually agree its time for the team to rebuild and the player to find a place they have a chance to win. But I agree, those scenarios seem somewhat unlikely that putting all your eggs into thst basket is probably foolish.

Also agree on the role players type deal. I get why they haven't pulled the trigger yet. If the deals aren't great, maybe waiting it out to see if someone really melts down early and decides to blow it up and make a move isn't bad. And I'm sure those Simmons for role players type deals will still be around in a month.
    If Daryl Morey trades Ben Simmons for role players he will be fired in the next two years, and Embiid will probably eventually leave. Philadelphia HAS to remain title contenders or Morey will be gone, Doc Rivers will be gone, and Embiid will walk. That's what happens when you lose with superstar players. Having said that, Simmons is not going to net them another superstar. Their best bet is to put themselves in a position where they can acquire a superstar in the next year, and loading up on picks and young talent is the way to do that.

If they traded Simmons to OKC for the package I posted, this could be the hypothetical offer they could make for Lillard

Sixers get Damian Lillard

Portland gets Tyrese Maxey, Darius Bazley, Ty Jerome, Detroit 2022 1st round pick (1-16 protected), Philadelphia 2022 1st round pick (protections negotiable), Washington 2023 1st round pick (1-14 protected), Houston 2024 1st round pick (1-4 protected), Philadelphia 2024 1st round pick swap, Philadelphia 2026 1st round pick (protections negotiable)

That's five 1st round picks, a pick swap, and a Tyrese Maxey whose coming off a great rookie season. When Portland trades Lillard, they will be forced to rebuild. They will be looking for picks and young talent. They are not going to get equal value for Damian Lillard, you don't get equal value when you trade a superstar. New Orleans didn't get equal value for Anthony Davis, Houston didn't for James Harden. You have to get as many picks or young players as possible and hope those assets turn into your next superstar.

Trading Ben Simmons for role players is the single dumbest thing the Philadelphia could do, and it will cost them everything if they do that.