Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 140 of 188 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2814
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Apparently Simmons liked an Instagram post where Gilbert Arenas said the problem with Ben in Philly is they didnít let him play in the post more Giannis like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope whatever team Ben ends up with next they play him in a Giannis type role

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I hope whatever team Ben ends up with next they play him in a Giannis type role
    Like having the ball in his hand, playing some in the post, and basically being the guy that initiates offense? Kinda like a PG.

Even if it wasnít taken out of context, itís a single statement. Like Iíve said, I think that Ben has been wanting out and used this as the excuse because some people were going to cling to that. Phil has said stuff about players, Pops has said stuff about players, heck Spols has said stuff about players that arenít all that dissimilar. I forgot who said it but there was one guy that said great players can internalize that to be better, Simmons just doesnít.

Yeah Jordan would have taken it ďpersonallyĒ lol

Like having the ball in his hand, playing some in the post, and basically being the guy that initiates offense? Kinda like a PG.
    No but centering the offense around him or making him a more important part of it at least like what the Bucks did and continue to do for Giannis

No but centering the offense around him or making him a more important part of it at least like what the Bucks did and continue to do for Giannis
    His point was that Simmons WAS a pivotal part of the offense. But the problem is that Simmons cannot be the main part of an offense since he doesn't score efficiently in that role. Simmons is probably best served in the Draymond Green role where any offense is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    His point was that Simmons WAS a pivotal part of the offense. But the problem is that Simmons cannot be the main part of an offense since he doesn't score efficiently in that role. Simmons is probably best served in the Draymond Green role where any offense is a bonus.
    Well whatís interesting is look back at the Utah game this year where Ben hung 40 on Gobert.

The issue isnít Ben isnít good. Itís the fit. Joel is too good to tell to spend most of the game on the perimeter like Lopez does. I said it the year before and last year, itís too many guys that thrive in the same space. What hurt the Ben/Joel pairing is Ben was unwilling to expand his shooting range. If Ben was willing to evolve his game so him and Embiid could ďtake turnsĒ or either coach was more willing to stagger minutes (this blew my mind), then this would have worked.

So even then the issue comes back more to Simmons than anything with how Philly handled the situation. I think a lot of people are trying almost too hard on that point of making the issue Philly over Simmons and want to pick a side, rather than tell it like it is: both sides have had transgressions with Simmons being more over the top than Philly. Like I laid out in another post; not even letting a full week pass between those comments and demanding a trade is about as thin skinned as it gets.

Trade destinations for Ben Simmons

Well whatís interesting is look back at the Utah game this year where Ben hung 40 on Gobert.

The issue isnít Ben isnít good. Itís the fit. Joel is too good to tell to spend most of the game on the perimeter like Lopez does. I said it the year before and last year, itís too many guys that thrive in the same space. What hurt the Ben/Joel pairing is Ben was unwilling to expand his shooting range. If Ben was willing to evolve his game so him and Embiid could ďtake turnsĒ or either coach was more willing to stagger minutes (this blew my mind), then this would have worked.

So even then the issue comes back more to Simmons than anything with how Philly handled the situation. I think a lot of people are trying almost too hard on that point of making the issue Philly over Simmons and want to pick a side, rather than tell it like it is: both sides have had transgressions with Simmons being more over the top than Philly. Like I laid out in another post; not even letting a full week pass between those comments and demanding a trade is about as thin skinned as it gets.

It not too many guys in same spaces itís one guy that is only effective in a very limited amount of space. Joel does an awesome job so spacing out to 3 and playing in the mid range. Benís lacking any offensive versatility is the problem

Last edited by ewing; 09-26-2021 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Now I'm definitely on the Ben Simmons to Denver train especially after someone brought it up on an earlier page and I can definitely see Simmons on the Nuggets. But then who would the Nuggets have to give up to Philly to make that happen?

Now I'm definitely on the Ben Simmons to Denver train especially after someone brought it up on an earlier page and I can definitely see Simmons on the Nuggets. But then who would the Nuggets have to give up to Philly to make that happen?
    MPJ, Will Barton, 1st round pick the Sixers flip for a 3-d guy.

Ben inaccurate for a lot of plays to start the season. Washington was open for the td.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Ben inaccurate for a lot of plays to start the season. Washington was open for the td.
    Ben Simmons to Washington I can see it especially if it means Bradley Beal leaves Washington and Beal ends up with the Sixers...Simmons and other players plus picks go to Washington in exchange

Beal in Philly with Embiid, Tobias, Curry, etc. actually would be a great trade

Washington gets younger plus they can build their new look team around Ben Simmons

Then your new look Wizards

PG- Spencer Dinwiddie
    SG- Kyle Kuzma (Kuzma would move to the 2 guard spot and become a shooting guard)
    SF- Rui Hachimura
    PF- Ben Simmons (Simmons moves to the 4 at PF)
    C- Davis Bertans

KCP, Trez Harrell, etc. all come off your bench

New look Sixers

PG- Seth Curry (moves to the 1 to play point guard even though he plays 2 guard but with Beal, he would have to play the 1)

SG- Bradley Beal
    SF- Danny Green
    PF- Tobias Harris
    C- Joel Embiid

Then your new look Wizards

PG- Spencer Dinwiddie
    SG- Kyle Kuzma (Kuzma would move to the 2 guard spot and become a shooting guard)
    SF- Rui Hachimura
    PF- Ben Simmons (Simmons moves to the 4 at PF)
    C- Davis Bertans

KCP, Trez Harrell, etc. all come off your bench
    Your trade suggestions are usually butt cheeks not worth a response, but I give you kudos for making me laugh here. Kuzma at SG, Rui at SF, Bertans at C. Pure tank mode.

I'm sorry but this statement is just mind blowing to me. In what world can a 25 year old who isn't even in his prime not develop even something? If you detached the name of "Ben Simmons" from the situation;

A 25 year old, DPOY runner up, who's an elite passer, can push pace offensively, defend 5 positions, efficient around the rim, has a great handle of the ball, but needs development as a shooter....30/30 teams take a shot at that.
    its mostly cause he hasn't even shown he can get better by 25. his ft% has been nearly 60 his whole career. so either he can't or he hasn't even tried yet, both of which are a huge problem. he is a worse ft shooter then Rudy Gobert.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    its mostly cause he hasn't even shown he can get better by 25. his ft% has been nearly 60 his whole career. so either he can't or he hasn't even tried yet, both of which are a huge problem. he is a worse ft shooter then Rudy Gobert.
    His ft% though the first 3 years. Not huge jumps but there was improvements. 56%, 60%, 62%, 61.2%.

I know Iíve said it a few times but I think he never wanted to be here. Play just good enough to get the max, then bounce, then when you are where you want to be you can actually try.

For all parties involve I hope this drama ends soon.