Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 118 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2674
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thankfully she doesn’t know what psd is lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    But just like Kawhi, Portland can ship him off to the north pole if they really wanted too lol
    People say that, but the reality is that no team wants to trade for a player who doesn't want to play for them so it essentially doesn't happen with stars.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    This bridge is burnt worse than my girlfriends cooking.
    he wont play after his first home game. He just wont. Dude is a ***** and the fans are going to destroy him as they should.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    he wont play after his first home game. He just wont. Dude is a ***** and the fans are going to destroy him as they should.
    Unless he comes out shooting jumpers and making them that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    People say that, but the reality is that no team wants to trade for a player who doesn't want to play for them so it essentially doesn't happen with stars.
    I see a problem with that. Essentially a player can sign a super max deal. Then force his way out to a team that he wants to play for and the team who originally signed him has to take back what they offer? If I'm Portland's GM and don't want no part of Simmons what would be the solution? Im not saying that you're wrong but I do think its pretty unfair to the team thats losing a super star under contract for 4 years and then having to take back a player you may not even want. Kind of ridiculous

So right now Simmons is demanding out and prefers california teams, does that mean that Philly should only explore trades with teams in Cali? It sorta goes both ways doesnt it.

I want to feel sorry for the 76ers but then I realize the only reason Morey and them are in this current predicament is because Morey is refusing to trade him until he knows whether Dame will request a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I want to feel sorry for the 76ers but then I realize the only reason Morey and them are in this current predicament is because Morey is refusing to trade him until he knows whether Dame will request a trade.
    He can wait if he wants, but I sustain that Portland really doesn't have to trade Dame to Philly if they don't like Simmons.

If and when Dame demands out - there will be plethora of offers from teams. Why should Portland only consider Philly when the player they want to offer clearly has an over inflated ego, has a broken shot, and is on a contract he isnt worth. If I'm Portland's GM I wouldn't go anywhere near Simmons.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I see a problem with that. Essentially a player can sign a super max deal. Then force his way out to a team that he wants to play for and the team who originally signed him has to take back what they offer? If I'm Portland's GM and don't want no part of Simmons what would be the solution? Im not saying that you're wrong but I do think its pretty unfair to the team thats losing a super star under contract for 4 years and then having to take back a player you may not even want. Kind of ridiculous

So right now Simmons is demanding out and prefers california teams, does that mean that Philly should only explore trades with teams in Cali? It sorta goes both ways doesnt it.
    I didn't say it's fair, just that it IS. If a player really does stick to his guns and refuses to play for the team that has his rights then they can penalize him or trade him, and if he refuses to play for all teams that make offers for him then those trades essentially won't happen.

How do you know that's what's holding it up (waiting for Dame), and it's not just getting maximum value for his team?

How do you know that's what's holding it up (waiting for Dame), and it's not just getting maximum value for his team?
    Reasonable inference given his past history and philosophy…

Also, the longer he waits the less value he is going to get so if that’s what he’s doing it’s not a great strategy.

Right but we also know that Ben had requested a trade to teams in Cali. So wouldn’t Philly be in the same boat? Simmons is demanding out, Dame in this hypothetical scenario would be demanding out too. But Portland has no choice in where they trade him but Philly does? How

Also, the longer he waits the less value he is going to get so if that’s what he’s doing it’s not a great strategy.
    The longer he waits the more his upcoming season is impacted by Simmons drama. He can wait but it will be counter productive.

I would think he hoped for any number of players coming back not just Dame. I agree he set the price too high, and has lost that game. At this point his best bet may well be waiting until the season starts and see if he can get Simmons on the court. Of course in order to increase Simmons' value at this point he'll need to either replace Doc or get Doc to run a very different system.

Doc has a won his only ship with a pg who couldn’t shoot in Rondo. Im not sure why he can’t make it work with Simmons

I would think he hoped for any number of players coming back not just Dame. I agree he set the price too high, and has lost that game. At this point his best bet may well be waiting until the season starts and see if he can get Simmons on the court. Of course in order to increase Simmons' value at this point he'll need to either replace Doc or get Doc to run a very different system.
    I think the players he is hoping for are legitimate superstars like Dame and probably Beal. What other players do you think are reasonably available that he'd trade Simmons for?