Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 145 of 215 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 3218
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I should have said doesn’t have to. Because of their ability to space some, KAT and Jokic as few of the 5’s that work. Wood, BLopez, AD (if he were to play the 5), Vooch to name most the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It was for the rest of the board. No doubt Warfelg knows the game.

Trade destinations for Ben Simmons

I should have said doesn’t have to. Because of their ability to space some, KAT and Jokic as few of the 5’s that work. Wood, BLopez, AD (if he were to play the 5), Vooch to name most the others.

He plays with the most versatile offensive 5 in the game. He thinks the whole game should revolve around him. That’s funny bc he extremely limited and can only play one style as a central character

Last edited by ewing; 09-28-2021 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

my biggest thing is that I have no doubt that Simmons can be a great player, but I don't think he can be a great player in a conference finals as anything other then a fastbreak player(which is really limited that deep in the playoffs) and as a defender. so the problem is not only is it going to take a ton of assets to get him on your team, its going to cost you a max salary cap space, and he has been way to much of a diva.

like I have seen people say he could turn into draymond, but draymond honestly would be viewed completely different if he had played with anyone, but curry and klay. plus Draymond at least has shot around 33% from 3 in his prime and actually took wide open 3's so there was a little bit of a threat. Plus Draymond plays a significantly more important defensive position then simmons has thus far. I would love to see someone try to use Simmons like Draymond.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    my biggest thing is that I have no doubt that Simmons can be a great player, but I don't think he can be a great player in a conference finals as anything other then a fastbreak player(which is really limited that deep in the playoffs) and as a defender. so the problem is not only is it going to take a ton of assets to get him on your team, its going to cost you a max salary cap space, and he has been way to much of a diva.

like I have seen people say he could turn into draymond, but draymond honestly would be viewed completely different if he had played with anyone, but curry and klay. plus Draymond at least has shot around 33% from 3 in his prime and actually took wide open 3's so there was a little bit of a threat. Plus Draymond plays a significantly more important defensive position then simmons has thus far. I would love to see someone try to use Simmons like Draymond.
    So…basically situation matters?

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    Simmons would have to be a willing cutter.

The biggest problem Denver would have with Simmons isn’t his flaws, it’s the pre-Madonna attitude. Malone will call out his stars. Malone calls his team out. The poor me attitude doesn’t fly in Denver with Malone. You don’t get your way, Murray, Jokic and especially MPJ at the beginning of their careers are great examples. You fall in line.

This is my opinion but I don’t think Malone and Simmons would get along.
    Yea if that one Doc comment pissed him off playing for Malone or Pops would not be fun.

China

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trade destinations for Ben Simmons

No if he is in a totally ideal situation he can go back to being wildly overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Dray is also actually a really good leader and Captain that his teammates seem to appreciate. On the other hand, there were at least some rumors that Simmons sticks to himself and doesn't try and make friends with teammates.

I mean only kinda. its that he needs a perfect fit, but trading for that perfect fit while getting assets back for him and having the contracts to match his max is going to be brutal. like I saw that the blazers want him which makes zero sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisclover View Post
    China

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The only realistic possibly I see on here…

Simmons is also much more with the ball than Dray ever was. Dray could pass and handle it a bit, especially for a big, but he isn't Simmons either.

And I don't disagree fully with your first point. But the flipside arguement is teams like Minnesota have been to the playoffs like once in 20 years and have been to the conference finals one time in their existence as a a franchise. And as currently constructed, they are likely not going any time too soon barring a major, major breakout. Sacramento has a similar story. Cleveland has been lately, but it's simply because they lucked into getting LeBron and had LeBron not been from Ohio, there's ko chance he goes back. And that team isn't anywhere close to the conference finals. I could go on, but there alot of teams with alot of issues that have been prevalent for a long time. Having a players whose major concern is whether he's perfectly suited for deep playoff runs probably isn't their first worry.

The 16/8/8 version of Simmons with all nba caliber defense is a very valuable peice. It's fairly likely to be more valuable than these mid lotto picks these teams keep stumbling in to. And add in the potential that he even just becomes a slightly more willing shooter or God forbid boosts his confidence and actually becomes a slightly better shooter, and that has the potential to balloon into a really good player. Simmons already is as good as any player sacramento has had outside of maybe prime Boogie in the last decade. Why not take a shot on that?

I mean only kinda. its that he needs a perfect fit, but trading for that perfect fit while getting assets back for him and having the contracts to match his max is going to be brutal. like I saw that the blazers want him which makes zero sense to me.
    How do the blazers not make sense? Will they become immediate favorites if they get Simmons? No, but they aren't now either. Dame is one of the best iso scorers in basketball. Their next best player, McCollum is essentially redundant to Dame and together they've shown they haven't been able to get it done. Probabky their 3rd best player is also a wing who can shoot and is beat suited to play the 2 and not play with both Dame and McCollum. I think there's also an argument that their backup pg might be their 5th or 6th best player and he isn't suited to play wing either.

I don't know the exact deal to make it work, but some core of Dame, Powell and Simmons actually fits well together. And if you can find a way to keep RoCo that's probably a good first 4. RoCo probably needs to be involved, but perhaps there's a scenario where they can swing Nurkic to a 3rd team and involve him instead. Or maybe Simons is involved somehow too. But a deal where the main, main part is CJ for Simmons makes a ton of sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    How do the blazers not make sense? Will they become immediate favorites if they get Simmons? No, but they aren't now either. Dame is one of the best iso scorers in basketball. Their next best player, McCollum is essentially redundant to Dame and together they've shown they haven't been able to get it done. Probabky their 3rd best player is also a wing who can shoot and is beat suited to play the 2 and not play with both Dame and McCollum. I think there's also an argument that their backup pg might be their 5th or 6th best player and he isn't suited to play wing either.

I don't know the exact deal to make it work, but some core of Dame, Powell and Simmons actually fits well together. And if you can find a way to keep RoCo that's probably a good first 4. RoCo probably needs to be involved, but perhaps there's a scenario where they can swing Nurkic to a 3rd team and involve him instead. Or maybe Simons is involved somehow too. But a deal where the main, main part is CJ for Simmons makes a ton of sense to me.
    Talk about an overrated player...

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Give him that, 2 combo guards who can handle, and a spacing 5; you’ll see the Ben that shows up when Embiid is out.

So you are basically saying the Timberwolves...

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

15. 09-28-2021, 08:29 PM
    Reason
    Baiting. Not appropriate. - Rush

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Simmons is also much more with the ball than Dray ever was. Dray could pass and handle it a bit, especially for a big, but he isn't Simmons either.

And I don't disagree fully with your first point. But the flipside arguement is teams like Minnesota have been to the playoffs like once in 20 years and have been to the conference finals one time in their existence as a a franchise. And as currently constructed, they are likely not going any time too soon barring a major, major breakout. Sacramento has a similar story. Cleveland has been lately, but it's simply because they lucked into getting LeBron and had LeBron not been from Ohio, there's ko chance he goes back. And that team isn't anywhere close to the conference finals. I could go on, but there alot of teams with alot of issues that have been prevalent for a long time. Having a players whose major concern is whether he's perfectly suited for deep playoff runs probably isn't their first worry.

The 16/8/8 version of Simmons with all nba caliber defense is a very valuable peice. It's fairly likely to be more valuable than these mid lotto picks these teams keep stumbling in to. And add in the potential that he even just becomes a slightly more willing shooter or God forbid boosts his confidence and actually becomes a slightly better shooter, and that has the potential to balloon into a really good player. Simmons already is as good as any player sacramento has had outside of maybe prime Boogie in the last decade. Why not take a shot on that?
    I think people misunderstood my point and its probably my fault, but I was looking through the teams and the contenders and its so hard to find even a semi-contender in say in the Jazz/nuggets tier that have all the pieces to get a deal like that done. like lets talk jazz. it doesn't work cause of fit with Gobert so they are an easy pick. Bojan and clarkson/ingles gets a deal done. that really hurts the jazz. while Simmons would step right into Bojans spot the jazz would then really be limited on their bench no matter who you picked. the 2nd part is what could jazz really give up? they can only offer I think 1 first rounder cause of all their protections so that doesn't work. Then if the 2nd part did work, do you think Simmons wants any part of Utah?

Then you have a team like the timberwolves. the first part for them is easy. they have multiple huge salaries that could all be easily moved to match salaries, and with some order it probably wouldn't kill their depth. as for Compensation, I have no idea how competitive they would be there. 3rd part does Simmons want any part of Minnesota?

I did that for a lot of teams and for some you have to completely gut your team to get a deal done, for most the compensation would be an issue, and for some who wants to deal with him not wanting to come to your team?