Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 117 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 2791
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    You kinda missed my point. Outside of OKC and NO because of all the picks they own, what team could offer up their own picks to get Lillard and not end up in the 20ís?

Like thatís the issue in taking picks back on a superstar player. Unless you can somehow rope in a pick from another team itís hard to get a high pick from the team you are dealing them to.

Hence why Morey is asking multiple firsts in a deal with Ben. He knows it would likely be a playoff team for 4 years. Itís not going to be a high pick.

Like look at the Rockets hope of taking picks years out or the Pelicans looking for picks years out. They are a hope the team is bad, or guys leave, or get hurt as they age. But in both cases, players extended, the team got better, and the pick stays low. This process of picks out far enough the team got bad only had worked twice in recent memory: Boston getting picks from Brooklyn and the picks that became Darko Milicic. Outside of that when you trade a superstar player to a good team you tend to get bad picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Doesnít have to be picks, they could offer better players. Point being is that any time a super star is shopped a team fields offers from every team not just the team thatís most interested. We understand why Philly would be all in on Dame. But why would Portland be all in on Simmons, picks and Thybulle, if they can get better offers.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I went back and quoted your original post and followed the thread. I know who you were quoting and what you were quoting. Iím simply brining up another point. Are you not able to discuss? Because you donít have to reply.

Eat some cereal you seem hangry.

If the deal youíre talking about was all it took, Morey would have already made it happen. My point was if and when Portland decides to trade Dame there will be a bidding war and Morey would likely have to give up more to match or beat other offers.

Thank you for dumbing things down for little old me to understand. Appreciate your efforts kind sir.
    If other teams get involved then Morey will have to add stuff. I guess. I donít know. I do know that Lilliard is worth Simmons, Thybulle and some picks.

Doesnít have to be picks, they could offer better players. Point being is that any time a super star is shopped a team fields offers from every team not just the team thatís most interested. We understand why Philly would be all in on Dame. But why would Portland be all in on Simmons, picks and Thybulle, if they can get better offers.
    Maybe Dame comes out and says ďtrade me to only Philly or NYK.Ē

Like based on his comments about a championship roster, Dame sounds like a guy that will have a list when he asks out.

Maybe Dame comes out and says ďtrade me to only Philly or NYK.Ē

Like based on his comments about a championship roster, Dame sounds like a guy that will have a list when he asks out.

But just like Kawhi, Portland can ship him off to the north pole if they really wanted too lol

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    If other teams get involved then Morey will have to add stuff. I guess. I donít know. I do know that Lilliard is worth Simmons, Thybulle and some picks.
    Other teams will absolutely get involved because its Dame were talking about here. Who wouldn't want him. I do think there will be a bidding war and likely will cause Morey top part with more. A guy like Dame would net a titanic return if and when they do shop him being that hes under contractual control for another 4 years.

on another note, does philly have time to wait for the day Dame actually demands out because Portland will ride this thing out until that happens. I realize thats not what you were talking about, but I think its significant because Philly needs to move Simmons sooner than later if they dont want their season to be heavily impacted by Simmons drama.

But just like Kawhi, Portland can ship him off to the north pole if they really wanted too lol
    They won't do that though. Dame has been incredibly loyal to the organization. And that organization doesn't have the same clout San Antonio has either. If they gave Dame the middle finger and dealt him to a situation he didn't want to be in, they would basically eliminate themselves from any interest in any semi significant FA in the forseeable future. Plus I'm sure there's hope on both sides that their relationship will continue beyond his playing days.

But Dame also had been loyal and I don't think he wants to truly screw Portland that I think his list of acceptable spots will be decent sized. Maybe I'm reading him wrong, but I would imagine he'd have a few okay destinations to allow Portland to try to actually get something for him.

Other teams will absolutely get involved because its Dame were talking about here. Who wouldn't want him. I do think there will be a bidding war and likely will cause Morey top part with more. A guy like Dame would net a titanic return if and when they do shop him being that hes under contractual control for another 4 years.

on another note, does philly have time to wait for the day Dame actually demands out because Portland will ride this thing out until that happens. I realize thats not what you were talking about, but I think its significant because Philly needs to move Simmons sooner than later if they dont want their season to be heavily impacted by Simmons drama.
    Problem is we dont know the offers so it's hard to answer that last question. If the offers for Simmons truly are low ball, then yea, maybe they do have the time to wait.

If the offers don't actually make Philly a better team, then maybe waiting Simmons out to see if he's actually willing to sit out games isn't a horrible strategy. If he's bluffing, you might be able to raise his value. If he's willing to sit, I'm not sure he kills his value much more than the low ball offers they'd be getting in this scenario.

But it all comes down to the actual offers. Is Morey being greedy and trying to get a crazy return or are the offers just bad? If it's the first one, then waiting out Lillard is probably a mistake. If it's the latter, then waiting him out might be their only shot at really contending.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    They won't do that though. Dame has been incredibly loyal to the organization. And that organization doesn't have the same clout San Antonio has either. If they gave Dame the middle finger and dealt him to a situation he didn't want to be in, they would basically eliminate themselves from any interest in any semi significant FA in the forseeable future. Plus I'm sure there's hope on both sides that their relationship will continue beyond his playing days.

But Dame also had been loyal and I don't think he wants to truly screw Portland that I think his list of acceptable spots will be decent sized. Maybe I'm reading him wrong, but I would imagine he'd have a few okay destinations to allow Portland to try to actually get something for him.
    For sure heíll have a list but we have to consider that heíll be breaking their hearstís by forcing out too. If they get a deal they really like from a team not on the list they could look out for their best interest. Also Portland with out Dame isnít a free agent spot anyways. Itís not really a free agent destination with him either.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I donít see it making sense for NO.

I'm not as knowledgeable about basketball, so I'll take your word for it, but it would give Nola another primary ball handaler and distributer instead of just Zion, and he's a monster defender all over the floor.

Trade destinations for Ben Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    I'm not as knowledgeable about basketball, so I'll take your word for it, but it would give Nola another primary ball handaler and distributer instead of just Zion, and he's a monster defender all over the floor.
    I think two primary ball handlers that donít shoot outside the paint a problem not a solution. People talk about spacing a lot and they should. It matters. It matter even more on ball. The ball is a spot light. The first rule of defense for everyone is ďsee your man and the ballĒ. The ball should always be a threat. Those two guys in the half court create a situation where spacing sucks and the ball will not be a threat a lot.

Last edited by ewing; 09-15-2021 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Yea NO has no business trading for Simmons. Especially when they are worrying about Zion reportedly having eyes on the Knicks and wanting out.

Personally I think Zion is tougher to build around than Simmons. Zion is basically an early career Blake right now in a league that needs you to do more. You can ask both to be roll man in PnR. But with Simmons you got added passing, ball handling, and All-NBA level defense. With Zion you got the occasional 3-ball that no one worries about anyways.

If Lillard were to ask out soon NO should pounce with 8 picks, Ingram, Hart.

i wouldn't call Zion hard to build around at all, at least on offense. His production and efficiency didn't waver even when he shared the floor with paint clogging Steven Adams

https://www.pbpstats.com/on-off/nba/...layerId=203500

Not to mention his improved ball handling and playmaking skills. Point Zion sets legit worked last season, and he was capable as BOTH the PnR ball handler and roll man

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/ba...ER_NAME*E*Zion

His assists saw a bump as well, averaging nearly 4 a game. Long story short, his offense is super resilient, and he will get his regardless of who's out there with him.

I think the larger issue is the % of cap Simmons' contract takes up. Simmons at 33m a year just takes up too much space for how little he adds in the half court, and while I don't think he would be an impediment to Zion, I don't think he would elevate him either, which is ultimately what you want out of a co-star longterm.

Agreed on the Dame point. Dame/Zion two man game would be unstoppable

Tom Moore
    @TomMoorePhilly

32m
    More #NBA source: 'Eventually he's going to show up. (#Sixers will) go from there.' They apparently plan to fine Simmons if he doesn't attend 2021-22 camp, preseason & so on. Don't want to trade for draft picks & try to convert to players. Can't get any of 5-10 NBA guys they like
    Quote Tweet

Tom Moore
    @TomMoorePhilly
    ∑ 40m
    #NBA source: The #Sixers 'are expecting (Ben Simmons) to play (in 2020-21). The expectation is they will. It's bumpy right now (& the team expects it) to get better.' The #76ers don't plan on making a deal that would drop them back in standings & not getting viable offers.

Tom Moore
    @TomMoorePhilly

32m
    More #NBA source: 'Eventually he's going to show up. (#Sixers will) go from there.' They apparently plan to fine Simmons if he doesn't attend 2021-22 camp, preseason & so on. Don't want to trade for draft picks & try to convert to players. Can't get any of 5-10 NBA guys they like
    Quote Tweet

Tom Moore
    @TomMoorePhilly
    ∑ 40m
    #NBA source: The #Sixers 'are expecting (Ben Simmons) to play (in 2020-21). The expectation is they will. It's bumpy right now (& the team expects it) to get better.' The #76ers don't plan on making a deal that would drop them back in standings & not getting viable offers.
    This bridge is burnt worse than my girlfriends cooking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    This bridge is burnt worse than my girlfriends cooking.