Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 105 of 188 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2814
    Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    CJ and RoCo on Philly would be cool. Sexton's style on offense isn't compatible with playoff basketball, especially if he's in the starting lineup. Maybe as a spark plug off the bench
    What's the best caliber of player the 76ers can get for a package based on any combination of Okoro, Thybulle, Maxey, and two Cavs 1sts?

A Jerami Grant tier player? Okoro, Thybulle and 3 1sts sounds like a good haul from Detroit. That leaves you with a playoff rotation of:

PG: Sexton / Maxey
    SG: Curry / Milton
    SF: Grant / Korkmaz
    PF: Harris / Niang
    C: Embiid / Drummond

Simmons, Thybulle, 1st for Sexton + Grant seems like an upgrade, but waiting to hear Philly fans.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    What's the best caliber of player the 76ers can get for a package based on any combination of Okoro, Thybulle, Maxey, and two Cavs 1sts?

A Jerami Grant tier player? Okoro, Thybulle and 3 1sts sounds like a good haul from Detroit. That leaves you with a playoff rotation of:

Simmons, Thybulle, 1st for Sexton + Grant seems like an upgrade, but waiting to hear Philly fans.
    This is pretty weak, also Grant can't really play small forward. Sexton can't run an offense. And Curry probably shouldn't be starting. Sexton/Curry is some all time bad defense in the back court, and if you've watched Sexton play you realize that he constantly hijacks possessions, holding on to the ball for the majority of the shot clock and then passes out last second if he didn't find the look he wanted. Dude has MAJOR tunnel vision and that's not gonna fly in the playoffs. His on paper stats are misleading, as he gets an unhealthy portion of his points during garbage time.

I also don't value Grant's offense much, as he essentially got free reign on the Pistons to take as many shots as he wants, as opposed to having a defined, ceiling raising skill set on that end. This trade doesn't feel like a needle mover for Philly.

I donít know if I love Grants fit at the 3. I might prefer the depth Thybulle and Maxey give me. I like the idea of going fishing with Okoro and picks though. I think him and Thybulle are somewhat similar prospects but I like Thybulle a good bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/b...tric-packages/

Thoughts on either for Philly? Is CJ and Covington enough from Philly fans?

Is a two phase plan with Okoro, Thybulle, Curry and whatever 1st round picks available able to pair Embiid, Harris, Sexton and that player they get back enough?
    I would not want Portland to trade both CJ and RoCo for Simmons.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Can I be honest, why has RoCo become such a seemingly crazy high value guy? I liked him a few years back. He's a good glue guy and he can mostly fit with almost anyone, but I feel like those attributes have gotten him pushed much higher in people's minds than he probably deserves.

He doesn't shoot well inside the arc. He's basically league average from 3. He's a good rebounder and a solid defender. Stats like PER, Win Shares and VORP dont love him. I think some of those may not fully capture his defense. But all in all, RoCo is a really solid player, but it feels like he shouldn't be a deal breaker in a trade. And every team seems to talk like they need a RoCo. Which again, isn't untrue, as he's a fit with alot of guys, but he's not the missing peice for most teams.

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    This is pretty weak, also Grant can't really play small forward. Sexton can't run an offense. And Curry probably shouldn't be starting. Sexton/Curry is some all time bad defense in the back court, and if you've watched Sexton play you realize that he constantly hijacks possessions, holding on to the ball for the majority of the shot clock and then passes out last second if he didn't find the look he wanted. Dude has MAJOR tunnel vision and that's not gonna fly in the playoffs. His on paper stats are misleading, as he gets an unhealthy portion of his points during garbage time.

I also don't value Grant's offense much, as he essentially got free reign on the Pistons to take as many shots as he wants, as opposed to having a defined, ceiling raising skill set on that end. This trade doesn't feel like a needle mover for Philly.
    I agree on the defense thing. But to be fair, you run into the same issue with McCollum. Curry is going to be a bit of an awkward fit all around I think. He fits pretty well with Simmons actually, since they complement each other quite well, but most proposals include a scoring guard who's not a great defender which makes curry an awkward fit. And he was one of their better players in the playoffs, so it's hard to consider him an afterthought.

As for Cleveland, I wonder if they would consider garland instead of sexton in a deal for simmons. I'm not a big fan of sexton either way but I wonder if sexton actually does make some sense as a running mate for Simmons. Not sure I buy Simmons as a true PG, but he can still bring the ball up enough and defend the perimeter well enough that you can get away with sexton's lack of passing and defense.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    An interesting conversation on NBA radio over the weekend had a writer from Philly and Portland, and they both agreed that in any deal both teams feel like they should get more.

From Philly's perspective we are giving up quite a bit of age, along with potential of what Simmons can be should you get him right and able to even shoot just 15 footers. You also get a 3 time all star and a DPOY runner up who's made multiple All-Defensive teams.

From Portland's perspective you are taking on an unknown commodity while giving up an known commodity. While the fit would really work (both writers have agreed that too much is being made of Ben and Lillard need the ball considering we've yet to see what Ben could look like as a complementary star to a guy like Lillard) there is some guessing of how well it would work.

The two spin off's of this brought up were to include a protected pick from Philly's side, add Thybulle to Simmons and a protected pick from Portland's side, or just go bigger with the trade and both teams send the extra the other team wants to a third team to get something to one of the teams they feel they would need/want.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    An interesting conversation on NBA radio over the weekend had a writer from Philly and Portland, and they both agreed that in any deal both teams feel like they should get more.

From Philly's perspective we are giving up quite a bit of age, along with potential of what Simmons can be should you get him right and able to even shoot just 15 footers. You also get a 3 time all star and a DPOY runner up who's made multiple All-Defensive teams.

From Portland's perspective you are taking on an unknown commodity while giving up an known commodity. While the fit would really work (both writers have agreed that too much is being made of Ben and Lillard need the ball considering we've yet to see what Ben could look like as a complementary star to a guy like Lillard) there is some guessing of how well it would work.

The two spin off's of this brought up were to include a protected pick from Philly's side, add Thybulle to Simmons and a protected pick from Portland's side, or just go bigger with the trade and both teams send the extra the other team wants to a third team to get something to one of the teams they feel they would need/want.
    When both sides feel a little bit icky about the deal, it's usually a sign that it's a fairly decent deal to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    When both sides feel a little bit icky about the deal, it's usually a sign that it's a fairly decent deal to be honest.
    Or that one team is way off on their evaluation of their assets value so one team is icky that they are paying too much and one side is icky that they are taking too little when in reality the paying team is overpaying and they know it, thus the icky.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Or that one team is way off on their evaluation of their assets value so one team is icky that they are paying too much and one side is icky that they are taking too little when in reality the paying team is overpaying and they know it, thus the icky.
    Or the selling team is selling too lowÖ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

https://twitter.com/ta1297/status/14...202880003?s=21

Who is that white guy in the post? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    https://twitter.com/ta1297/status/14...202880003?s=21

Who is that white guy in the post? lol.

That's the water boy showing Ben how to post up.

https://twitter.com/jamcristopher/st...088499712?s=21

Wow! That is a lot of single digit post season outings

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    https://twitter.com/jamcristopher/st...088499712?s=21

Wow! That is a lot of single digit post season outings

#goat