Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 104 of 171 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2562
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I know the Sixers were great at home before the bubble and think they have generally had a bigger home court advantage then most. How has Simmons play compared home to road?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Better in Philly than on the road but itís marginal.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Better in Philly than on the road but itís marginal.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Via Keith Pompey:

"There are teams that are interested in Ben Simmons, they just don't want to pay the steep price. Ben Simmons know that, so they are saying why should we help the 76ers out, when they feel like when Doc Rivers said what he said, nobody apologized, and Doc was never reprimanded."

Via Keith Pompey:

"There are teams that are interested in Ben Simmons, they just don't want to pay the steep price. Ben Simmons know that, so they are saying why should we help the 76ers out, when they feel like when Doc Rivers said what he said, nobody apologized, and Doc was never reprimanded."

And this is what I meant way back when I said Doc didnít help Morey at all in the situation.

Itís not just that Doc simply answered ďI donít knowĒ but Simmons would have to be really stupid to not understand what was implied.

Doc was there one season. A big part of his job is personality management. And I believe he failed here, even if he is right you just donít imply that you canít win with your starting pg and expect that player to not feel any kind of way about it.

The major thing here is that other teams are right, they know thereís turmoil there. They know that the 6ers have to move Ben. No thanks to Doc, no thanks to Ben him self and even his agent. They all completely gave up leverage by hinting at any kind of problems. Gms out there are paying attention.

I litterally posted these same points like 2 -3 months ago and guys were like nah Ben is just being a baby. Totally dismissing how all of this effects Moreys ability to get the most resturn for Simmons. Which is the big picture.

The reason I hold Doc more accountable is because heís the coach, he use to be a gm. He knows the business. And his response was subtle but damaging and I think he should have known better. If you donít think you can win with Ben the best thing to do is hush your mouth until he is moved then heís not your problem anymore. If the coach implies that you canít win with a player then why on earth would any team gut their team to try and get him?
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 09-06-2021 at 12:00 PM.

Via Keith Pompey:

Seems about right. Doc sucks, Morey is optimistic, Ben has incentive to reduce his trade value.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Seems about right. Doc sucks, Morey is optimistic, Ben has incentive to reduce his trade value.
    If Simmons is purposely reducing his value, what will that do for his endorsements money?

The Sixers could push for a deal right now that would, in my opinion, make them a better team.*CJ McCollum*should be available for a player like Simmons. If he's not, Blazers GM Neil Olshey isn't trying very hard to put a true contender around Lillard. If the Blazers were to throw in, say,*Robert Covington*to replace some of Simmons' defense, Philly would have the half-court creator it needs to properly support Embiid.*

If you don't think McCollum paired with Embiid is enough, then you likely don't think*Collin Sexton*is, either. But what if the Sixers got Sexton, Isaac Okoro and a bunch of future first-round picks, then went out and shopped Okoro and the picks for more firepower? It's a two-phase plan. Getting rid of the distraction that Simmons is about to become once training camp starts, without compromising too much in the name of urgency, might merely be phase one.*
    https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/b...tric-packages/

Thoughts on either for Philly? Is CJ and Covington enough from Philly fans?

Is a two phase plan with Okoro, Thybulle, Curry and whatever 1st round picks available able to pair Embiid, Harris, Sexton and that player they get back enough?

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post

Is a two phase plan with Okoro, Thybulle, Curry and whatever 1st round picks available able to pair Embiid, Harris, Sexton and that player they get back enough?
    CJ & Roco would make a whole lot more sense than the other suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    CJ & Roco would make a whole lot more sense than the other suggestion
    The Sixers should say yes to either deal

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    The Sixers should say yes to either deal

Not sure getting sexton and picks helps them

If Simmons is purposely reducing his value, what will that do for his endorsements money?
    Don't know that it will cost him much, but the lower his trade value the better the team he goes to will be, and winning is by far the best way to improve endorsement money. And if he gets his way and goes to CA that will help too.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    And this is what I meant way back when I said Doc didnít help Morey at all in the situation.

Itís not just that Doc simply answered ďI donít knowĒ but Simmons would have to be really stupid to not understand what was implied.

Doc was there one season. A big part of his job is personality management. And I believe he failed here, even if he is right you just donít imply that you canít win with your starting pg and expect that player to not feel any kind of way about it.

The major thing here is that other teams are right, they know thereís turmoil there. They know that the 6ers have to move Ben. No thanks to Doc, no thanks to Ben him self and even his agent. They all completely gave up leverage by hinting at any kind of problems. Gms out there are paying attention.

I litterally posted these same points like 2 -3 months ago and guys were like nah Ben is just being a baby. Totally dismissing how all of this effects Moreys ability to get the most resturn for Simmons. Which is the big picture.

The reason I hold Doc more accountable is because heís the coach, he use to be a gm. He knows the business. And his response was subtle but damaging and I think he should have known better. If you donít think you can win with Ben the best thing to do is hush your mouth until he is moved then heís not your problem anymore. If the coach implies that you canít win with a player then why on earth would any team gut their team to try and get him?
    Agree with this too. Doc is super overrated as a coach in my mind. So him seemingly blaming the player when his teams also seem to constantly underwhelm in the playoffs feels off too.

But either way, publicly blaming one of your best players and then expecting that player not to be pissed is so dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Agree with this too. Doc is super overrated as a coach in my mind. So him seemingly blaming the player when his teams also seem to constantly underwhelm in the playoffs feels off too.

But either way, publicly blaming one of your best players and then expecting that player not to be pissed is so dumb.
    Doc's been an NBA head coach for 22 years, pretty much always with good teams, and has won the last game of the playoffs once. He's a name coach who is good with the media and that keeps getting him jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post

He didnít do that

CJ and RoCo on Philly would be cool. Sexton's style on offense isn't compatible with playoff basketball, especially if he's in the starting lineup. Maybe as a spark plug off the bench