Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 265 of 323 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 4831
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Do lakers actually have picks to trade though?

Yeah I was just kidding about the Doc thing. The only thing we can criticize about Morey is that heís being to patient? Or holding Bens value to high? But the owners and franchise likely view that as a positive. The worst thing you can do is low ball yourself and become desperate.
    Or piss off Joel wasting his healthy and prime years. He to will ask for a trade if they dont stop BS...ing with Ben and give Joel a player he can go to battle with.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Or piss off Joel wasting his healthy and prime years. He to will ask for a trade if they dont stop BS...ing with Ben and give Joel a player he can go to battle with.
    if you were Morey wouldnít you try to get the best you can? I get your sentiment and I donít disagree but if they feel the offers theyíre are getting donít move the needle I can understand being patient. I do think it comes with risk though. The last thing you want is two disgruntled stars wanting out.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Weíre not in denial of the stuff. Just tired of dealing with the **** of him having no value at all and giving him up is better than getting what he should.

And as I stated: Morey knows something. If he didnít think there was something there with at least one of the main 4 guys rumored (Harden, Beal, Lillard, Jaylen Brown) then he would have taken one of the deals. As the Shams story said, Harden picked the Nets but Philly was really close to being it. Maybe Harden got to Brooklyn and realized it isnít what he thought.

FWIW Brooklyn would be a team Simmons would be good on. Or he could go to Sacto and Sacto sends parts to the Nets if Harden says he will only do a S&T to Philly (I think heíll want to CP3 thing of traded on his option then extend).

But even if there was a deal to be had out there the economics of the deal is so tough right now. Say Sacto and Philly did the Simmons/Harris for Haliburton/Hield/Barnes/Thompson/1st thatís been tossed out thereÖ.the Sixers need to cut two players, and weíve played them all; and Sacto needs to pick up 2 other guys to make up their roster at that point. Add on thereís teams with interest in Barnes that could be roped into the deal and the roster spot/salary issues get even tougher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Youíve been in denial regarding Ben Simmons for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Weíre not in denial of the stuff. Just tired of dealing with the **** of him having no value at all and giving him up is better than getting what he should.

And as I stated: Morey knows something. If he didnít think there was something there with at least one of the main 4 guys rumored (Harden, Beal, Lillard, Jaylen Brown) then he would have taken one of the deals. As the Shams story said, Harden picked the Nets but Philly was really close to being it. Maybe Harden got to Brooklyn and realized it isnít what he thought.

FWIW Brooklyn would be a team Simmons would be good on. Or he could go to Sacto and Sacto sends parts to the Nets if Harden says he will only do a S&T to Philly (I think heíll want to CP3 thing of traded on his option then extend).

But even if there was a deal to be had out there the economics of the deal is so tough right now. Say Sacto and Philly did the Simmons/Harris for Haliburton/Hield/Barnes/Thompson/1st thatís been tossed out thereÖ.the Sixers need to cut two players, and weíve played them all; and Sacto needs to pick up 2 other guys to make up their roster at that point. Add on thereís teams with interest in Barnes that could be roped into the deal and the roster spot/salary issues get even tougher.

Thatís the rumour I donít get. I really donít believe that Harden would want out. Why would he? because Durant got injured? Because itís not what he thought it was?

Theyíre tied for 2nd and as long as they stay in the top 6 for when Durant comes back, who would want to face Brooklyn in the first round? Barring any set backs with Durants recovery I still have them as one of the favs.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 01-25-2022 at 01:41 AM.

Thatís the rumour I donít get. I really donít believe that Harden would want out. Why would he? because Durant got injured? Because itís not what he thought it was?

Theyíre tied for 2nd and as long as they stay in the top 6 for when Durant comes back, who would want to face Brooklyn in the first round? Barring any set backs with Durants recovery I still have them as one of the favs.
    because kyrie lol... does anyone else need a reason?

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    because kyrie lol... does anyone else need a reason?
    Off the court heís an idiot, I agree. But on the court, a healthy Kyrie is dangerous in the playoffs..

if you were Morey wouldnít you try to get the best you can? I get your sentiment and I donít disagree but if they feel the offers theyíre are getting donít move the needle I can understand being patient. I do think it comes with risk though. The last thing you want is two disgruntled stars wanting out.
    Getting the best deal you can and expecting the house for a disgruntled player with a busted shot is not the same thing. maybe they can trade him on draft night but will that player be able to help joel now? Moves they can make to help the team win now. Packages built around guys like Jerami grant, Sabonis, Brandon Ingram ,Buddy hield. Jalyn Brown, Randle, Wiggins etc. They want a top 25 player like who Dame? Lillard would be a good player i understand but he is also 31 and now injured. Players like Ben will secretly want to be traded to certain teams and likely still be disgruntled if its not a liked team which lower his value even more. In short that team would be taking a risk. I the end it will boil down to a solid player or two and maybe picks. Helping Joel now should be of higher importance and getting a player that fits could be of greater value than just getting a top25 player.

Bucks won the title last season and who is the other top 25 player on the Bucks after Giannis?
    Last edited by ldawg; 01-25-2022 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Getting the best deal you can and expecting the house for a disgruntled player with a busted shot is not the same thing. maybe they can trade him on draft night but will that player be able to help joel now? Moves they can make to help the team win now. Packages built around guys like Jerami grant, Sabonis, Brandon Ingram ,Buddy hield. Jalyn Brown, Randle, Wiggins etc. They want a top 25 player like who Dame? Lillard would be a good player i understand but he is also 31 and now injured. Players like Ben will secretly want to be traded to certain teams and likely still be disgruntled if its not a liked team which lower his value even more. In short that team would be taking a risk. I the end it will boil down to a solid player or two and maybe picks. Helping Joel now should be of higher importance and getting a player that fits could be of greater value than just getting a top25 player.

Bucks won the title last season and who is the other top 25 player on the Bucks after Giannis?
    Jrue and middleton are fantastic lol...jrue is probably a top 25-30 player

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Jrue and middleton are fantastic lol...jrue is probably a top 25-30 player
    Maybe they are who knows. But that is my point get solid players that can help you win now. Meddleton or Jrue are not allstar type players and wont be a player a team builds around. In short not 1A tier players. But just the type of players that can help you win.
    Last edited by ldawg; 01-25-2022 at 07:01 AM.

Also, Morey wouldn't be doing this if he didn't have Embiid's buy in to what Morey wants to play this out as.

There can be a ton of reasons. Maybe he doesn't like Kyrie. Maybe there's things he can't do there that he knows Morey will let him do. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    If he "knows" something then they should get a pretty big tampering punishment because to know something would mean he's discussing players currently under contract. And despite personally thinking tampering is ********, that's a pretty big one if you know a guy is going to demand a sign and trade to you mid season before he's a free agent.
    Plenty of teams have a good idea of who's going to be interested in them. I've seen an example of how it happens before. Morey mentions to an agent that if a 6'5" guard that's on an Atlantic division team were to opt out of their contract would they be interested in coming to Philadelphia.

Flipside is what if Brooklyn just says no. There's very few teams even within spitting distance of max space. The max cap space calculations currently for next year have San Antonio, Orlando and Detroit as the only trams over $30 mill in space. A few more teams have in the $10s to $20s mill in possible space and could probably maneuver a few contracts with picks or something, but even then, the only decent talent teams or interesting markets there realistically are NYK potentially and maybe like Charlotte or Memphis, but do we really think Harden wants to go play 2nd fiddle to Ja or Lamelo in a small market?
    People say this every year and how often does it happen.

I mean, there's a chance even if he says trade me to Philly that Brooklyn just says no and dares him to either resign with them or go walk to one of the few teams with cap space, especially if they arent fans of Simmons. Maybe they love Simmons and would make that deal, but Philly and Harden have very few options of getting together if Brooklyn just decides not to S&T him.
    Like I said, teams don't do this. It's a HUGE risk for a team not to play ball with a player who wants a S&T.

It does look more and more like Lillard and Portland will eventually part. But I dunno if Philly should put on their eggs in that basket.

Reported Beal doesnít want to sign another ext with the Wizards. I can totally see Simmons as a fit with the Wizards if they decide to trade Beal maybe he will become an option?
    I said it earlier but I think his preference was to wait for 3 possible shake up situations (Lillard, Beal, Harden) to happen and a potential unexpected (Brown) to happen.

Although I just thought of something: Sixers have an opportunity to bring in a max slot contract (People will quote this and say I'm overrating Simmons, but I'm talking money not quality)....what if this list of names isn't Morey driven but Embiid driven, in that these are guys he wants to play with?

Plenty of teams have a good idea of who's going to be interested in them. I've seen an example of how it happens before. Morey mentions to an agent that if a 6'5" guard that's on an Atlantic division team were to opt out of their contract would they be interested in coming to Philadelphia.

People say this every year and how often does it happen.

Like I said, teams don't do this. It's a HUGE risk for a team not to play ball with a player who wants a S&T.
    The implication would be whether or not they want Simmons. If they like Simmons, then fine. But if they aren't huge fans of Simmons, there's no benefit. No good team can afford Harden realistically. Why make one of your realistic rivals for the conference better if you don't think you get much better? I'm saying this as someone who thinks Simmons has value, but I can see some teams not being a fan of him. And if Brooklyn is one of those teams, it's better for them to let him walk or say find a different sign and trade team with assets we actually like.

When Philly lost butler he legit had options to walk, so trading him was the right move. But the teams Harden allegedly said he wanted to to go to last year were the Nets, Bucks, 76ers, Warriors, Celtics, Heat and Portland. None of those teams are freeing up space to sign him. Right now, the only teams over $30 of possible space are San Antonio, Detroit and Orlando I beleive. If we expand that to teams with $10 to $29 mill, there's more teams, but the only actual talented teams in that bunch are Memphis and Charlotte, and do we think Harden wants to go to those smaller markets and possibly be 2nd fiddle to Ja or Ball? Of the big markets its possible the Knicks could free up space too, but that's about it.

But that's kind of my point. I think the Nets have a bit of leverage here. His legit walk options aren't great. So I don't think he can say it's Philly or bust. It's a moot point if the Nets like Simmons, but there's no guarantee they cooperate here.

What about Bradley Beal. I mean it have players that can be had the question is does these teams want Ben. This is something I donít know. I donít know if he fits every team. While a good player he do lack the shooting. They want a big haul. They are not interested in swapping a solid player for another solid player.
    Last edited by ldawg; 01-25-2022 at 11:24 AM.