Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 264 of 323 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 4831
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Doesn’t help it’s the only guy in the nba Embiid actually hates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    True that. They jaw at eachother every they play.

Lakers are stuck with Wuss. They not moving that contract. They can dream though

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    True that. They jaw at eachother every they play.

Lakers are stuck with Wuss. They not moving that contract. They can dream though
    Unless they can get that Wall deal done yea.

I feel like Ben and Morey are catching too much **** right now because everyone is doing “only the playoffs” thing with Ben for this last playoffs (mind you it wasn’t an issue with the FT shooting the previous ones) and the “this deal” only with Morey.

Despite what’s going on with this deal Ben does bring value and Morey is still a damn ****ing good GM. **** I saw a (non-Sixer) fan today who said Morey should be fired and Ben should be banned for a year for the lack of a deal.

I feel like Ben and Morey are catching too much **** right now because everyone is doing “only the playoffs” thing with Ben for this last playoffs (mind you it wasn’t an issue with the FT shooting the previous ones) and the “this deal” only with Morey.

Despite what’s going on with this deal Ben does bring value and Morey is still a damn ****ing good GM. **** I saw a (non-Sixer) fan today who said Morey should be fired and Ben should be banned for a year for the lack of a deal.
    There are always idiots.

Simmons is very good but flawed player, the only thing it seems some Sixers fans are in denial about is that the playoffs performance and Simmons' mental state since are also reasonable major factors in his current value.

My problem with the Morey deal talk is the top 25 player thing. Those players are pretty hard to shake free, and getting a top 25 player, a good vet, a young player with potential, and multiple 1st round picks (as some rumors said was Morey's asking price) is a HELL of a lot for a very good but flawed player.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    There are always idiots.

Simmons is very good but flawed player, the only thing it seems some Sixers fans are in denial about is that the playoffs performance and Simmons' mental state since are also reasonable major factors in his current value.

My problem with the Morey deal talk is the top 25 player thing. Those players are pretty hard to shake free, and getting a top 25 player, a good vet, a young player with potential, and multiple 1st round picks (as some rumors said was Morey's asking price) is a HELL of a lot for a very good but flawed player.
    We’re not in denial of the stuff. Just tired of dealing with the **** of him having no value at all and giving him up is better than getting what he should.

And as I stated: Morey knows something. If he didn’t think there was something there with at least one of the main 4 guys rumored (Harden, Beal, Lillard, Jaylen Brown) then he would have taken one of the deals. As the Shams story said, Harden picked the Nets but Philly was really close to being it. Maybe Harden got to Brooklyn and realized it isn’t what he thought.

FWIW Brooklyn would be a team Simmons would be good on. Or he could go to Sacto and Sacto sends parts to the Nets if Harden says he will only do a S&T to Philly (I think he’ll want to CP3 thing of traded on his option then extend).

But even if there was a deal to be had out there the economics of the deal is so tough right now. Say Sacto and Philly did the Simmons/Harris for Haliburton/Hield/Barnes/Thompson/1st that’s been tossed out there….the Sixers need to cut two players, and we’ve played them all; and Sacto needs to pick up 2 other guys to make up their roster at that point. Add on there’s teams with interest in Barnes that could be roped into the deal and the roster spot/salary issues get even tougher.

Wall is **** though, take that from Rockets fan. Whatever he was he’s about half of that with half the efficiency. Plus he will miss a ton of time.

But Houston has no insensitive to do that deal. If we add Wuss he’d just do his triple double thing, taking touches and opportunities away from Green, and really Wuss is just about the last player in the world I would want around our young players. He’s a terrible example. He’s just gonna want the ball all the time. I’d rather keep Wall and buy him out next year

Morey won’t be fired he didn’t create this mess, he inherited it and is trying to get the best return as possible. Sure we get impatient at times but we’re fans, we just wanna see a block buster lol

If anyone you fire Doc lol .. you do that and maybe Ben rejoins the team?
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 01-24-2022 at 06:54 PM.

Wall is **** though, take that from Rockets fan. Whatever he was he’s about half of that with half the efficiency. Plus he will miss a ton of time.
    That's better than hitting the side of the backboard though. lol

But Houston has no insensitive to do that deal. If we add Wuss he’d just do his triple double thing, taking touches and opportunities away from Green, and really Wuss is just about the last player in the world I would want around our young players. He’s a terrible example. He’s just gonna want the ball all the time. I’d rather keep Wall and buy him out next year
    I rather get a 1st and 2nds or THT and 2nds to cut Westbrook over cutting Wall.

Morey won’t be fired he didn’t create this mess, he inherited it and is trying to get the best return as possible. Sure we get impatient at times but we’re fans, we just wanna see a block buster lol
    Very much so on the first part of inherited the mess and is trying to fix it. That's why I don't mind if he takes his time to fix the situation.

If anyone you fire Doc lol .. you do that and maybe Ben rejoins the team?
    I don't think he rejoins the team. I think the being told he was gone, starting to shop for Houston houses, packing up his Philly home then finding out he wasn't traded is what hurt him and makes him not to rejoin. I'm betting his thought was what's the point of showing up of you want to get rid of me anyways. Which is a terrible thing to think. The "worst" part of this whole thing was it was 2 people making decisions (Harden/Tillman) that aren't in Morey's control is what makes me mad (on top of the playing games to be out rather than just outright saying "fine me I'm not playing til I'm traded").

That's better than hitting the side of the backboard though. lol

I rather get a 1st and 2nds or THT and 2nds to cut Westbrook over cutting Wall.

Very much so on the first part of inherited the mess and is trying to fix it. That's why I don't mind if he takes his time to fix the situation.

I don't think he rejoins the team. I think the being told he was gone, starting to shop for Houston houses, packing up his Philly home then finding out he wasn't traded is what hurt him and makes him not to rejoin. I'm betting his thought was what's the point of showing up of you want to get rid of me anyways. Which is a terrible thing to think. The "worst" part of this whole thing was it was 2 people making decisions (Harden/Tillman) that aren't in Morey's control is what makes me mad (on top of the playing games to be out rather than just outright saying "fine me I'm not playing til I'm traded").
    Do lakers actually have picks to trade though?

Yeah I was just kidding about the Doc thing. The only thing we can criticize about Morey is that he’s being to patient? Or holding Bens value to high? But the owners and franchise likely view that as a positive. The worst thing you can do is low ball yourself and become desperate.

Do lakers actually have picks to trade though?

Yeah I was just kidding about the Doc thing. The only thing we can criticize about Morey is that he’s being to patient? Or holding Bens value to high? But the owners and franchise likely view that as a positive. The worst thing you can do is low ball yourself and become desperate.
    They do have one in the future. The right protections, it's got the potential to be really good. It could be after Bron and AD are gone.

I think the holding Ben's value high is a ploy for being patient. Effectively there's a deal of someone wants to be in Philly that he'll need the salary to match it and will only give up the salary slot if he gets that blown away.

We’re not in denial of the stuff. Just tired of dealing with the **** of him having no value at all and giving him up is better than getting what he should.

And as I stated: Morey knows something. If he didn’t think there was something there with at least one of the main 4 guys rumored (Harden, Beal, Lillard, Jaylen Brown) then he would have taken one of the deals. As the Shams story said, Harden picked the Nets but Philly was really close to being it. Maybe Harden got to Brooklyn and realized it isn’t what he thought.

FWIW Brooklyn would be a team Simmons would be good on. Or he could go to Sacto and Sacto sends parts to the Nets if Harden says he will only do a S&T to Philly (I think he’ll want to CP3 thing of traded on his option then extend).

But even if there was a deal to be had out there the economics of the deal is so tough right now. Say Sacto and Philly did the Simmons/Harris for Haliburton/Hield/Barnes/Thompson/1st that’s been tossed out there….the Sixers need to cut two players, and we’ve played them all; and Sacto needs to pick up 2 other guys to make up their roster at that point. Add on there’s teams with interest in Barnes that could be roped into the deal and the roster spot/salary issues get even tougher.

What do you think of the idea of trading him for Lebron? I think that swap would put you right there to win it. Obviously it’s a long shot, but this is an fed up Laker/Lebron season that may have all the perfect ingredients for something crazy to happen. Bron and Embiid right now would be crazy

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    What do you think of the idea of trading him for Lebron? I think that swap would put you right there to win it. Obviously it’s a long shot, but this is an fed up Laker/Lebron season that may have all the perfect ingredients for something crazy to happen. Bron and Embiid right now would be crazy
    Won't happen because it would look like LeBron is betraying his own client.

Won't happen because it would look like LeBron is betraying his own client.
    Or it looks like he is saving everyone

The number of people saying Simmons has no value is pretty small. The number of Sixers fans who seem to think he's worth Morey's supposed initial demands seems high.

I think Morey overplayed his hand in the offseason because he thought someone was going to bite and he was wrong.

I agree that at this point it makes some sense to wait until next offseason since there will be more options then. I don't think he "knows" anything, I think he "hopes" for something big to come around.

There are probably several teams willing to do a deal, but none of them come close to what Morey supposedly wanted/wants. At this point Morey's only chance to save face is to luck into a star to demand a trade to Philly.

The number of people saying Simmons has no value is pretty small. The number of Sixers fans who seem to think he's worth Morey's supposed initial demands seems high.
    This is a bad assumption at this point.

I think Morey overplayed his hand in the offseason because he thought someone was going to bite and he was wrong.

I agree that at this point it makes some sense to wait until next offseason since there will be more options then. I don't think he "knows" anything, I think he "hopes" for something big to come around.
    Good GM's don't suddenly make mistakes like this.

There are probably several teams willing to do a deal, but none of them come close to what Morey supposedly wanted/wants. At this point Morey's only chance to save face is to luck into a star to demand a trade to Philly.
    Again, or he knows something. These aren't fly by your seat type decisions. It's their job to know these things.

This is a bad assumption at this point.

Good GM's don't suddenly make mistakes like this.

Again, or he knows something. These aren't fly by your seat type decisions. It's their job to know these things.
    If he "knows" something then they should get a pretty big tampering punishment because to know something would mean he's discussing players currently under contract. And despite personally thinking tampering is ********, that's a pretty big one if you know a guy is going to demand a sign and trade to you mid season before he's a free agent.

Flipside is what if Brooklyn just says no. There's very few teams even within spitting distance of max space. The max cap space calculations currently for next year have San Antonio, Orlando and Detroit as the only trams over $30 mill in space. A few more teams have in the $10s to $20s mill in possible space and could probably maneuver a few contracts with picks or something, but even then, the only decent talent teams or interesting markets there realistically are NYK potentially and maybe like Charlotte or Memphis, but do we really think Harden wants to go play 2nd fiddle to Ja or Lamelo in a small market?

I mean, there's a chance even if he says trade me to Philly that Brooklyn just says no and dares him to either resign with them or go walk to one of the few teams with cap space, especially if they arent fans of Simmons. Maybe they love Simmons and would make that deal, but Philly and Harden have very few options of getting together if Brooklyn just decides not to S&T him.

It does look more and more like Lillard and Portland will eventually part. But I dunno if Philly should put on their eggs in that basket.

Reported Beal doesn’t want to sign another ext with the Wizards. I can totally see Simmons as a fit with the Wizards if they decide to trade Beal maybe he will become an option?