Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 59 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    lol if they overwhelmingly expect us to draft suggs, it's a 4 player draft. Everything else just sounds like due dilligence. More players have been willing to work out for us because they got nothing to lose. Whereas top 3 has been more strategic. Det, Hou and Cle have been struggling to get workouts.
    I think it was Dan Tolzman who said a couple weeks ago that they have had challenges bringing in players. I suppose they have had better luck recently.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Maybe there is some truth to the rumor that the Rockets gave Green a promise to take him at 2 because it is surprising that Suggs and Mobley are not working out with the Rockets.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I think it was Dan Tolzman who said a couple weeks ago that they have had challenges bringing in players. I suppose they have had better luck recently.
    Yeah he's referring to mid/late round guys tho. COVID protocols are making logistics difficult and workouts/interviews more time consuming so teams and players have to be more selective. As a team you wanna workout everyone you can because if nothing else, you get to collect more data, but as a player you have to be more selective. No point for guys like Sengun to workout for Toronto and possibly miss a workout for San Antonio. But for top prospects, they've always been strategic about workouts. Cade hasn't worked out for any team except DET and apparently he cut it short because it wasn't going well. Green only scheduled workouts for DET and HOU and this was even before the stories about the HOU possibly promising to draft Green at 2.

One thing I am worried about and something that Tolzman talked about earlier is that they never expected to draft top 4. All season long they were prepared and looking at guys in the mid-late first. So that's a lot of catch up they have to do. Even a team like the Magic that knew they were gonna be bad have said they were struggling to evaluate talent because they couldn't get guys out to watch due to COVID and now they don't have enough personnel to go through footage. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a **** ton of guys where in 5 years people are just like how the **** did they fall that far.
    Last edited by ecart; 07-25-2021 at 05:26 PM.

Green gives me oladipo vibes. Mobley feels like a body/Duncan hybrid. Suggs reminds me of rose without the fully developed handles. cade is a unicorn, but I guess a slower simmonds with a 3? Or maybe like a penny hardaway sr.

idk why Mobley is even trying his *** off to impress the Cavs. Money between 3 and 4 is negligible, Cavs have **** development/history, bad fit etc. If I were him I would be tanking my stock hard to avoid CLE.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Green gives me oladipo vibes. Mobley feels like a body/Duncan hybrid. Suggs reminds me of rose without the fully developed handles. cade is a unicorn, but I guess a slower simmonds with a 3? Or maybe like a penny hardaway sr.
    Professional scouts are generally saying Middleton floor, Doncic ceiling for his player comps. Honestly, if Dipo was 6'5/6'6 with a 6'8 foot wingspan, he would be pretty ****ing good.
    Last edited by ecart; 07-25-2021 at 05:35 PM.

Seems obvious to me that these are all smoke screens. What better way to build the value of the pick (when at first every one assumed you’d just take the remaining of the top 4), than by making it look like you could take anyone.

Professional scouts are generally saying Middleton floor, Doncic ceiling for his player comps. Honestly, if Dipo was 6'5/6'6 with a 6'8 foot wingspan, he would be pretty ****ing good.
    Jeez I have Middleton as close to his ceiling except with more assists.

I also thought Barrett would be better than Zion though, so I think I just struggle with unicorns.

Sam Vecenie and to a certain degree Woj talked about their draft process. Doesn't seem like smoke screens are that big of a deal in NBA like it is in NFL. Like it was pretty obvious to them that all the Scottie Barnes hype was coming out of his camp.
    Last edited by ecart; 07-25-2021 at 06:19 PM.

But now it seems y'all have strong interest in Jarrett Allen now so if that is really the case, if the Cavs take Mobley at #3 then would it really be all that shocking if the Raptors decide to go after Jarrett Allen?

Cavs think they can play together. Mobley says he can play like a wing. Who knows but other teams have more cap than us.

Cavs think they can play together. Mobley says he can play like a wing. Who knows but other teams have more cap than us.
    It would be soo cavs to think this. It’s not true.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    It would be soo cavs to think this. It’s not true.
    Honestly I’ve been underrating him too much. They showed a recent workout and his handles were really tight. His shot is also way more fluid now too. I can see why the Cavs think that.

Page 32 of 59 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast