Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 59 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Just offer both your picks #4, 2nd rounded and whichever players plus a future pick to the Cavs via trade and you move up to the #3 slot...NFL draft style trade to move up a spot
    I think I would only offer the 2nds in addition to 4. A 2nd in this loaded draft was enough to land rose during the season.

Possibly willing to move Flynn, but we would need to be sure that Lowry is coming back, or moving up for Suggs.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I think I would only offer the 2nds in addition to 4. A 2nd in this loaded draft was enough to land rose during the season.

Possibly willing to move Flynn, but we would need to be sure that Lowry is coming back, or moving up for Suggs.

Then if you offer #4, your 2 2nd rounders and Malachi Flynn to the Cavs to move up to #3 and then you re sign Lowry...your lineup would look like this

PG- Kyle Lowry
    SG- Fred VanVleet
    SF- OG Anunoby
    PF- Pascal Siakam
    C- Evan Mobley (draft pick via trade to move up to #3)

Then your 2nd unit

PG- (whoever via free agency to replace Flynn via trade)

SG- Gary Trent Jr (re sign)
    SF- Yuta Watanabe
    PF- Chris Boucher
    C- Khem Birch/Freddie Gillespie

Then if you offer #4, your 2 2nd rounders and Malachi Flynn to the Cavs to move up to #3 and then you re sign Lowry...your lineup would look like this

PG- Kyle Lowry
    SG- Fred VanVleet
    SF- OG Anunoby
    PF- Pascal Siakam
    C- Evan Mobley (draft pick via trade to move up to #3)

Then your 2nd unit

PG- (whoever via free agency to replace Flynn via trade)

SG- Gary Trent Jr (re sign)
    SF- Yuta Watanabe
    PF- Chris Boucher
    My dream scenario has Gary starting and FVV coming off the bench to fill 2 roles in one. Easier to find a Shooter to fill that backup 2G spot than it is to find a decent floor general that won’t cost much.

But then again Lowry if he leaves, I'm hearing more now than ever the Lakers more so any other teams and honestly I can see Lowry as a Laker

But then again Lowry if he leaves, I'm hearing more now than ever the Lakers more so any other teams and honestly I can see Lowry as a Laker
    Lowry can go anywhere. Lakers, Philly, Miami, LAC etc. He would be a great fit on any of those teams. It will come down to who is willing to pay him the most and give him the best opportunity to win.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    My dream scenario has Gary starting and FVV coming off the bench to fill 2 roles in one. Easier to find a Shooter to fill that backup 2G spot than it is to find a decent floor general that won’t cost much.
    My dream scenerio is legit a pipe dream. But hey if were dreaming lets dream for real.

4 & Flynn for SGA

Lowry S&T for Alexander-Walker and we take Bledsoe back for salary matching purposes (just 2 years left on his contract)

Then try to sign a big like Allen or Holms. Lets jus say Holms in this scenario as he will likely be cheaper and is an UFA.

SGA - Bledsoe
    Alexander-Walker - FVV (6th man)
    OG - GTJ
    Siakam- Boucher
    Holmes-Birch

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    My dream scenerio is legit a pipe dream. But hey if were dreaming lets dream for real.

4 & Flynn for SGA

Lowry S&T for Alexander-Walker and we take Bledsoe back for salary matching purposes (just 2 years left on his contract)

Then try to sign a big like Allen or Holms. Lets jus say Holms in this scenario as he will likely be cheaper and is an UFA.

SGA - Bledsoe
    Alexander-Walker - FVV (6th man)
    OG - GTJ
    Siakam- Boucher
    Holmes-Birch
    If you are signing and trading Kyle while taking 21 million back in salaries there won’t be any cap space for a big free agent.

I'd trade the 4th and a future 1st for Moblkey pretty easily

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I'd trade the 4th and a future 1st for Moblkey pretty easily
    For who ?

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    If you are signing and trading Kyle while taking 21 million back in salaries there won’t be any cap space for a big free agent.
    Ok then everything I said minus adding Holmes lol

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Ok then everything I said minus adding Holmes lol
    I didn't watch many Pelicans games this year. You seem to be really high on Alexander-Walker. A breakout year for him?

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I didn't watch many Pelicans games this year. You seem to be really high on Alexander-Walker. A breakout year for him?
    He was showing a lot of promise before he got injured. But there was a good portion of the season where he was showing out. I wouldn’t call it a break out but you can def see glimpses of what he can become. He still needs to become a better shooter but he’s still developing.

Reason that trade idea came up is because of the rumours that the Pelicans are interested in signing Lowry. And I think Walker is going to be a pretty good shooting guard and he’s also Canadian. My hope is that the Canadian players (SGA, Walker, Boucher, Birch) play under Nurse and gain great chemistry together. It would help improve our national squad. I think it’s embarrassing we didn’t make it passed the qualifying tourney this year.

I’m not crazy about Bledsoe but he would be a good back up pg for a season, and then we could possibly shop him as an expiring contract next year. But we would get a young Walker and in a S&T I don’t think we could really hope for much more than that. Essentially we’d be getting Walker as an incentive for letting the Pelicans dump Bledsoe’s contract on us.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 07-23-2021 at 12:06 PM.

Sign and trade with Pelicans

Toronto Raptors receive: Steven Adams, Nickeil Alexander-Walker and Eric Bledsoe

New Orleans Pelicans receive: Kyle Lowry, Aron Baynes, Gary Trent Jr

- Raptors keep the 4th pick in this year's Draft

- Raptors with the 4th pick take Jalen Suggs (PG)

Raptors new starting 5

PG- Jalen Suggs (rookie)
    SG- Fred VanVleet
    SF- OG Anunoby
    PF- Pascal Siakam
    C- Steven Adams

2nd unit

PG- Malachi Flynn/Eric Bledsoe
    SG- Nickeil Alexander Walker
    SF- Yuta Watanabe
    PF- Chris Boucher

* Also get rid of Baynes, Bembry, and whoever else y'all need to get rid of

* Re sign Khem Birch

Pelicans with their starting 5

PG- Kyle Lowry
    SG- Lonzo Ball (move him over to the 2 guard)
    SF- Zion Williamson
    PF- Brandon Ingram
    C- Jaxson Hayes

* Baynes most likely would come off their bench and so would Trent Jr with their 2nd unit in New Orleans

Raptors FO generally locked down so this may just be smoke but seems like we don't like Suggs lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Raptors FO generally locked down so this may just be smoke but seems like we don't like Suggs lol.
    Yeah, everything so far points to them not taking Suggs. So many freaking articles about raptors trading the pick or drafting Barnes at 4.

Page 29 of 59 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast