Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 37 of 59 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 555 of 872
  1. #541
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,280
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    There are scouts who say Mobley can play the 3. Just saying.
    I really think he will go at 3.

  2. #542
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    See I'm not on board with the fad that 5's aren't important anymore.

    Giannis, Joker, AD. All pieces to build around. I think the idea that bigs aren't important anymore just comes from the shift to perimeter play. But big guys can still play outside, they can still shoot, the can still develop their passing/ballhandling skills if they're brought up right. And most importantly, the basket is still 10' high and hanging above everyone's head no matter that era, and playing at that level will always be easier if you're starting 8" closer to the rim than the next guy.

    And one of the big reasons why I'd prefer Mobley is that is still keeps the roster position available for Lowry if he wants to come back. It's the total rose tinted glasses of a hometown fan and not a bball decision, but I'd like to see Lowry finish up here.

    Don't get me wrong, I like suggs too. Dude looks like a lowry-style warrior except a bigger frame and 10+ years younger. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. But Mobley is a position of need, and PG is a position of need If lowry leaves. So plugging Mobley in seems less major of a surgery to the roster, offers potentially more overall upside being the more highly touted pick. Just my $0.02
    that's the thing there's like what 80 centers in the league today? 5 you could consider as elite.

    The game has been catered to the perimeter and so that's why my preference is a guard or a wing player. I just think the likely hood of a big turning in to a Jokic or Embid is really slim. We have to consider the fact that Mobley could just turn in to a defensive big if he isn't able to develop a shot, and then what would his floor be? Myles Turner? I know his ceiling could be a KG type or even a Bosh type with better rim protection but I also think it will take him a few years at least to get there. With that said I would have 0 issue with picking Mobley. I would actually be excited. I dont think we can go wrong with either player as they would both pretty much be bpa at the 4 and they both fit our needs.

    I heard on the Radio today while driving to work that Mobley could have a higher celling than Cade even. But at the same notion he could also have a lower floor. but the potential is exciting.

  3. #543
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,183
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    that's the thing there's like what 80 centers in the league today? 5 you could consider as elite.

    The game has been catered to the perimeter and so that's why my preference is a guard or a wing player. I just think the likely hood of a big turning in to a Jokic or Embid is really slim. We have to consider the fact that Mobley could just turn in to a defensive big if he isn't able to develop a shot, and then what would his floor be? Myles Turner? I know his ceiling could be a KG type or even a Bosh type with better rim protection but I also think it will take him a few years at least to get there. With that said I would have 0 issue with picking Mobley. I would actually be excited. I dont think we can go wrong with either player as they would both pretty much be bpa at the 4 and they both fit our needs.

    I heard on the Radio today while driving to work that Mobley could have a higher celling than Cade even. But at the same notion he could also have a lower floor. but the potential is exciting.
    Myles turner has a fully developed shot.

  4. #544
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,204
    I wonder what the Raptors Summer League is lookin like for your rookies

  5. #545
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,867
    Do good lottery picks even play in summer league anymore?

  6. #546
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,204
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Do good lottery picks even play in summer league anymore?
    Some do actually y'all would be surprised

  7. #547
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,183
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Do good lottery picks even play in summer league anymore?
    I would expect ours to. Itís the first step of our development process.

  8. #548
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,929
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    that's the thing there's like what 80 centers in the league today? 5 you could consider as elite.

    The game has been catered to the perimeter and so that's why my preference is a guard or a wing player. I just think the likely hood of a big turning in to a Jokic or Embid is really slim. We have to consider the fact that Mobley could just turn in to a defensive big if he isn't able to develop a shot, and then what would his floor be? Myles Turner? I know his ceiling could be a KG type or even a Bosh type with better rim protection but I also think it will take him a few years at least to get there. With that said I would have 0 issue with picking Mobley. I would actually be excited. I dont think we can go wrong with either player as they would both pretty much be bpa at the 4 and they both fit our needs.

    I heard on the Radio today while driving to work that Mobley could have a higher celling than Cade even. But at the same notion he could also have a lower floor. but the potential is exciting.
    I see his floor being what jared allen is right now. Rim protection and rebounds. Just those skills alone is enough to plug a big hole for us. And yeah I agree, bigs take a little longer to develop, they're asked to do more, help defense, not fouling, rebounding, good screen setting, dealing with doubles, in addition to all the other individual skills of shooting passing etc. takes longer to get to their peak.

    As for why I prefer Mobley, well, it's the same reason why despite having Irving and Harden, the Nets are still going to be KD's team. Because if all skill being equal between a big and a small, the big is always going to be the tougher matchup. That gives Mobley the highest ceiling between the two, and his floor still being someone capable of fulfilling a team need.

    All that being said, I just came here from watching a short Suggs interview on the jump. I like that kid already. Dunno what it was, but he came off a lot like Trae Young to me in the way he spoke. Incredibly confident and almost itching at the trigger to be let loose and prove something. NGL, I'm excited about tomorrow and the first couple weeks of free agency.

  9. #549
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,867
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I would expect ours to. Itís the first step of our development process.
    kinda pointless tbh. It's more for undrafted prospects IMO.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9cgbRR0ZdI

  10. #550
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,280
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Myles turner has a fully developed shot.
    I know but Iím using him as Mobleyís floor because I donít think anyone considers Turner a star level talent. Even with his developed range Turner is a pretty good player but if we pick Mobley at 4 I would have a lot higher exceptions.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 07-28-2021 at 07:42 PM.

  11. #551
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,280
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    kinda pointless tbh. It's more for undrafted prospects IMO.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9cgbRR0ZdI
    Why is everyone sleeping on Kai Jones? I saw him on espns draft show going at 21.

  12. #552
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,867
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Why is everyone sleeping on Kai Jones? I saw him on espns draft show going at 21.
    Cause a lot of teams in the 10s are win now teams kinda so guys like Franz Wagner are jumping up. I think the only team in that range that would be okay with drafting a project is OKC.
    Last edited by ecart; 07-28-2021 at 07:53 PM.

  13. #553
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,280
    Apparently the Cavs would reject SGA + 6 for 3 https://mobile.twitter.com/thehoopce...215713794?s=21

    I hope we can get in on that

  14. #554
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,671
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Why is everyone sleeping on Kai Jones? I saw him on espns draft show going at 21.
    Most mocks i have seen lately have him going a lot higher than that now.

  15. #555
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,183
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Why is everyone sleeping on Kai Jones? I saw him on espns draft show going at 21.
    Iíve warmed up to him as well.

Page 37 of 59 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •